Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My guess is that this will stay for Japan only? Because there are many of these games that never made here. Unless they do a different collection for US/EU with only the games released in English 🤔... Or, that they release the untranslated japanese games on here too, which would be weird.
That's what they did for the Castlevania/contra/arcade collections. English equivalents when possible, untranslated otherwise

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
The Eternal Duelist Soul was probably my most played GBA game. It won't hit the same without using my real life deck in game by entering the codes, but I'll still be getting this if it's included.

GaussTek

Oct 30, 2017
That's what they did for the Castlevania/contra/arcade collections. English equivalents when possible, untranslated otherwise

Ohh, so they've done that before in the other collections? Nicee, then hopefully they release this on here too, it would be nice to try the games that never made it here!!

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Nice! That was when the TCG was actually fun and relatively easy to understand. It's awful now, way too much complexity and too much "meta" going on for my tastes (or budget or time).

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I played that GBC Yu-Gi-Oh game a lot in college despite not knowing a lick of Japanese. Hopefully they are in English this time.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Eternal Duelist Soul is one of my most played games ever, always inside one of my GBA when I want a quick play

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022
These games were a blast, loved the rpg go around card battling. Would be cool to see them come here too!

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It's such a good game omg
stepbrothers-bff-day.gif

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO
Ive been asking for this for so fucking long. So happy this is finally happening.
Really hope the GBA library is part of that collection.

Dreamyard

Jul 15, 2020
Here's hoping we get something similar here. I know not all of the GBC games were localized overseas, but hey, neither was the first Fire Emblem game and it still got an English release... albeit for a limited time. I would love to see Konami capitalize on this and actually go back to translate those Japanese-only games, or at the very least, release what has been localized. Easy money.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Will the physical version come with a secret rare exodia, dark magician and blue eyes?

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
I had Reshef of Destruction on GBA. Is that one considered any good? I loved that you could explore the city

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
fuck

this image hits hard

Same with me - it's awoken deep memories in me that I didn't consciously know I actually had.

I still have some of those structure decks stored somewhere too and can still actually remember some of the other ones' names too - Fury from the Deep (blue one) and Spellcaster's Judgement (purple on far right).

Sep 15, 2021
Huh, weird timing. Just played through Sacred Cards 2 days ago and started Reshef again yesterday. I remembered the games kicking my ass when I was younger and wanted to see if they were bad or I was just young and stupid.

Sacred Cards I ran through in about 8-10 hours and didnt have too much trouble with. Reshef is absolute bullshit though in comparison. Both games give you a crap starting deck of under 500 attack monsters, but SC lets you increase capacity for better cards with no trouble at all. Repeatable duels can give 5 or 10 more points of capacity and major story duels give 30. Money is plentiful and using the Password System lets you add the cards needed to flesh it out a bit easily. Difficulty progression as it goes on is right in line with you getting better as well.

Reshef on the other hand gives you 3 extra capacity AT MOST. Repeatable duels give only 1. The difficulty IMMEDIATELY ramps up to the point you are grinding for hours for any progress. The password system now costs 1000 to use BEFORE having to buy the card as well. The duels also give no money as well. You are absolutely grinding out any valuable cards from antes to sell instead. Its absolutely a longer game ONLY because you are stuck grinding for hours on end. Add on duels taking longer due to constantly scanning and announcing continuous effects and its just a chore to get through.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
I remember playing two of these games as a kid, Dungeon Dice Monsters and another that I don't fully remember. Looking all of the games up, I think it might have been Eternal Duelist Soul.

I loved Dungeon Dice Monsters, but it probably wouldn't hold up at all today. Thinking back on it, it was a super RNG fest game that could be super trivialized by rushing your path builds to backdoor straight to the enemy's master, saving your strongest monster as your last summon to wreck whatever they leave behind to defend it.

I was never good at the actual card game (though that reminds me that I should really go find my old cards, some might be worth something significant today), and sort of fumbled my way through Eternal Duelist Soul. I'd probably do a lot better now if they were to ever re-release it.

neetproxy

Sep 19, 2021
Another vote for Duelist of the Roses. I would insta-buy whatever collection that game comes in.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
A future Duelists of the Roses remaster would be incredible. The whole game almost seems like a fever dream - in what other context would any of these screenshots make any sense?:

1277f5b408a3c7ca7a2c291d6435ead50a356d52.jpg

gsdx_20180624195501.png

Pic16.png

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
A future Duelists of the Roses remaster would be incredible. The whole game almost seems like a fever dream - in what other context would any of these screenshots make any sense?:

1277f5b408a3c7ca7a2c291d6435ead50a356d52.jpg

gsdx_20180624195501.png

Pic16.png

I have a soft spot for this and Falsebound Kingdom, even if the latter isn't a particularly great game. That sort of era of DM but in fantasy or historical worlds was a great vibe that I don't really think has been replicated.

LimeTime

Jul 17, 2023
Imagining someone who only knows Yu-Gi-Oh! from the actual card game picking this up and playing through a dogshit game like Dark Duel Stories.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
I have a soft spot for this and Falsebound Kingdom, even if the latter isn't a particularly great game. That sort of era of DM but in fantasy or historical worlds was a great vibe that I don't really think has been replicated.
I enjoyed Falsebound a lot as a kid. Granted I enjoyed anything YGO related as a kid. But I agree I wish they'd let some weird ideas come out again like that and Roses

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing a GBA title, but I don't remember the title. Let's hope this collection has all of them.