• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of y'all are wildin. Jones can easily build a shit site of his own to host his content, and his following will flock there. YT, Spotify, and Apple, while big entities, are not the only means of communication.

Free speech absolutism continues to be fucked up.
He did have a huge following long before YT and FB were even a thing, so it's possible. I think we all have a hunch that YT and FB have soaked up the audience of the internet since then, though... I can't imagine this doesn't permanently reduce his audience to a level from which he will never recover.

I value my free speech absolutism though. You think he needs to be arrested to save us from his words? I'm not that worried... not in a week the free market is taking care of him for us.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The platforms themselves have to come to some sort of standardized approach to accepting / rejecting what gets posted on their websites.
No they don't, they're private entities. They get to set their own rules.

I got bad news, (white) guys.

eS6h4vD1ulZ-4lnliaftibXCN8li7WodXB98YaOYHNU.jpg

giphy.webp

How can people celebrate this? This just gives further into his entire narrative and solidifies what he has been saying about the illuminati or whatever. He's now been made a martyr and this will only boost his platform and audience. I think this forum likes to believe that InfoWars fans are a tiny minority. Definitely not, and these people won't just disappear over this. This situation has escalated into the next phase.
The correct answer is not "let him say whatever he wants because who knows what his fanbase who are already engaging in harrassment and violence might do if he's deplatformed." The correct answer is to say, "no thank you, we don't want any" and show him the door.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Alex Jones has amazing comedic timing. That gif where he's wearing the tinfoil hat and turns around with that smirk? That is gold. Comedians wish they had that talent. Too bad he's a vile pos.

Also too bad he's not trying to be funny. Which is a hallmark of comedians.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait.

A dude with the last name Fuentes uses a word that represents terrorist attacks against Jewish folk in Nazi Germany...

...to argue that Alex Jones is a symptom of a... White Holocaust.

I'm in no way a historian. I played my Game Gear when sitting in International History class. So I had to go flex some Google muscles to go get up to speed on Kristallnacht.

After reading up.... wow.

I feel like a lot of these folks who spout absolutely stupid shit like this Fuentes kid have no idea how vile they sound. We like to think that these guys have villainous intentions, but I seriously think there is just a level of ignorance there, where they just don't know what they are talking about. They're uninformed, emotional, and just talking off the cuff. And goddamn they say some insultingly stupid shit.

"We are witnessing the beginnings of a white holocaust."

Someone actually wrote that. And sent it out into the ether to be read by other folks. Without thinking at all how ignorant it sounds. Without thinking about who holds the power in the UK. In the US. In Sweden, or France, or fucking Spain, FUENTES.

I just can't, sometimes.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i say it every thread it comes up but im still amazed destiny ended up where he did

definitely didn't see that coming when i was watching him stream starcraft 2 and just trolling a thousand years ago

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
Wait.

A dude with the last name Fuentes uses a word that represents terrorist attacks against Jewish folk in Nazi Germany...

...to argue that Alex Jones is a symptom of a... White Holocaust.

I'm in no way a historian. I played my Game Gear when sitting in International History class. So I had to go flex some Google muscles to go get up to speed on Kristallnacht.

After reading up.... wow.

I feel like a lot of these folks who spout absolutely stupid shit like this Fuentes kid have no idea how vile they sound. We like to think that these guys have villainous intentions, but I seriously think there is just a level of ignorance there, where they just don't know what they are talking about. They're uninformed, emotional, and just talking off the cuff. And goddamn they say some insultingly stupid shit.

"We are witnessing the beginnings of a white holocaust."

Someone actually wrote that. And sent it out into the ether to be read by other folks. Without thinking at all how ignorant it sounds. Without thinking about who holds the power in the UK. In the US. In Sweden, or France, or fucking Spain, FUENTES.

I just can't, sometimes.

I missed the part where white people where forced into chambers and killed with gas, I also missed the night of crystals being repeated. I sure miss a lot of stuff.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
The app is the 4th most downloaded in the US right now.

What is the logic in pulling the podcast due to hate speech but allowing them to keep their app up? Bullcrap.

Oct 31, 2017
How can people celebrate this? This just gives further into his entire narrative and solidifies what he has been saying about the illuminati or whatever. He's now been made a martyr and this will only boost his platform and audience. I think this forum likes to believe that InfoWars fans are a tiny minority. Definitely not, and these people won't just disappear over this. This situation has escalated into the next phase.

Pretty sure there's alcohol involved and a lot of high 5's.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still with this dumb shit? Like, do some actual fucking research . Deplatforming works. Kicking these fuckers out of mainstream media has worked time and time again.
Like, have you actually seen what happened to Gab and Voat? Those websites are complete wastelands that can barely make money to keep the lights on. You'd have to be extremely dumb to think Alex Jones losing so many major massive sites is not going to increase his reach. It will do the exact opposite, and it will make a major sent on his income. These are facts.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
it's bewildering seeing so many people conflate "public sector vs private sector" and "Publicly traded vs privately held."

also deplatorming works. fuck alex jones.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Alex Jones has amazing comedic timing. That gif where he's wearing the tinfoil hat and turns around with that smirk? That is gold. Comedians wish they had that talent. Too bad he's a vile pos.

You really don't have to edit his videos to make them funny, they just are. The video that's just a compilation of him getting extremely angry then immediately apologizing is hilarious. He's seriously like an SNL character escaped into real life.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are right wingers now so far gone that they are debunking themself?