• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your reaction?

• I am horrfied. pretty sure I chose the wrong partner

• I guess I could change an initial "WTF?!" reaction into a cautious "go on, tell me more"

• I wished that would happen, I've been waiting a long time for it but I don't expect it any time soon

• It happens fairly often in our relationship, it's fine

• no reaction, I just wouldn't want it to happen.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
polygamy is not that uncommon so I would not be shocked or horrified, but it's something I talked about extensively with both my last 2 SOs early on and I always made clear it would not be an option for me. If an SO brought that up later on after knowing my opinion I'd assume there is something wrong with the relationship.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is middle ground here. The hypothetical SO is taking a risk and being straight forward, you should at least appreciate that. Assuming good intentions, be glad that your SO wants to do something special for you. r/deadbedrooms has a lot of unhappy people.

There truly is a reddit for anything, holyshit.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
When we first started talking about playing with other people and swinging, it was very easy to *talk* about but less easy for me to put into practice. A lot of that was from my social anxiety (I would be too nervous to meet people) and there was definitely a component of jealousy I had to overcome.

It took about six months for me to work up the courage to go to a party where we watched others play, then it progressed to playing in front of others at a future party, then playing with others and so on.

Took me probably a year or more to work up the courage to go on dates, but from there it was smooth sailing. I invited another dude to our airbnb for my birthday and it was a hell of a lot of fun.

She had an easier time with it because she's an extrovert.

respect. it all depends on your beliefs in monogamy and human nature, but i personally feel like this is the ideal sort of relationship to be in (though actually achieving it is easier said than done)

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
"Why would you possibly think I'd be into that?"

"It could be another woman, and you could join in."

"So it's just a prelude to a FFM threesome?"

"Yeah."

"Okey-dokey."

Satori

Nov 13, 2017
I never once even hinted that I would be into that. Quite the opposite. We know of a couple that are into that, and we both are on the same page that it's not for either of us. I would never stop another human being from doing what they want. But I also expect the same. So it would be really odd if my SO turned to me and said it's for MY pleasure.

I get that people change, and if one day she wants that then don't bullshit me and say it's for me. You do you, just not with me. I'm too old for that kind of drama.

Jul 18, 2018
I think I may be ok if my GF was with another woman. Idk why that doesn't bother me but if it was a man it would. Then again I would probably ask if I could do that but with another woman, not a man.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
If it was something we discussed and were 100% in agreement with it, I could see myself being open to it.

If I got home from work and she was with someone and it wasn't discussed, that's a deal breaker.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If it was something we discussed and were 100% in agreement with it, I could see myself being open to it.

If I got home from work and she was with someone and it wasn't discussed, that's a deal breaker.
100% communication is key here. I wouldn't be able to trust her again if she did something behind my back with no communication.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pw50j8KnHc1ww78h0o1_250.gif

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Meh, watching it not my thing really. Other people is fine but just watching is boring.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
It wouldn't be for me no. I wouldn't get angry about it though. If that was what she wanted in a relationship I'd wish her the best and move on.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I voted I am horrified and I would be because if my husband said that would of the blue after 22 years together it would be for his pleasure not *mine* because he would know I am not into that type of stuff at all.

Good thing is either is he.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
"That's not something I'm looking to have happen for my entertainment. D... Do you want to be cuckqueaned? Is that what this is leading up to?"

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
My relationships are open, so having sex with others is really no big.

That said, I have no desire to merely watch. I'd be down to experiment with group things, but watching my partner with someone else would do nothing for me.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
My wife has watched me have sex with other women.

I've often said she can sleep with another man but she says she'd prefer to sleep with other women together.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Not being into one of your partner's kinks isn't necessarily a dealbreaker unless it's super important to the person.

It's probably very rare that the people in a couple are into exactly the same things. There's always going to be a few things that one person is into that the other isn't. If it's not vital to what that person wants out of the relationship, then I don't think it's a dealbreaker for the other to say no.

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
I mean who exactly is meant to be getting the most out of this situation lol. You watching it or your other half receiving sexual pleasure from possibly another man or woman. If both agree then fine but not for me. The thought of another man with my partner would ruin me and destroy all my confidence. I would feel inadequate about myself for the rest of my life, and that I wasn't good enough.