Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
A detailed break-in simulator. I'd love to be able to stake out a neighborhood, take notes of people's schedules and plan to rob a place accordingly. The houses would be super-detailed, like absurdly so and you could sell your stuff to buy better break-in equipment and such.

One of my favorite fantasies is simply being able to go into people's houses and look through their stuff. It's not even about stealing shit for me, I just want to be able to get a feeling for the people living there by going through their shit. A game like this would be great for that. It's probably why I like games like Thief, Prey, Deus Ex and such.

I know, that's why it would never be made ;). I don't necessarily would want to make it hyper-real, but very detailed. Every house has to have its own distinct personality and such.
Well I'll be damned!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thief-simulator-out-now-on-steam.80650/

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No One Lives Forever 3 or the NOLF1 & NOLF2 remake .

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
I have a number of ideas that'll never get made. Mostly because the ideas are too weird, or too niche, to ever be considered by any developer.

In the 'too weird' category, there's, for instance, a vehicular battle royale.
Take Carmageddon 2 as the base premise, and make a single expansive map filled with roads, ramps, overpasses, all kinds of interesting features to drive around and smash cars together on. Gratuitously sprinkle pedestrians and squishy NPC vehicles all over it to act as easy credit sources. Add all the usual various powerups, with a strict limit of how many of what kind of powerup a vehicle can carry.
Most of Carmageddon's mechanics carry over with some alterations. Immediate-effect powerups that normally affect the whole map are instead active in an area centered on the powerup location. Upgrades are directly purchased with accumulated credits or found on the map, like in C2 proper. Autorepair is present, but cannot be used for some time after taking damage, or while driving. Recovery can't be used while near or in direct view of an enemy.
Buying and changing vehicles is possible (everyone starts with generic or mechanically similar vehicles otherwise), but requisite vehicles must first be found on the map hidden in nooks and crannies of the map, or gotten to as they're paradropped in. These new vehicles would be tougher, faster, more capable than the generic ones, but accumulating enough credits to purchase them can be an issue, and they would cost more to autorepair and recover.
Finishing off another driver awards credits and a kill as usual, but also all the credits and powerups that driver carried explode out of the wreck and are scattered around the nearby area as regular powerups.
The shrinking arena mechanic is handled a little differently than usual. The map is broken up into discrete chunks - sectors, districts, however you want to call it. Instead of a ring closing in on a single district, then, gradually the districts on the outer edges furthest away from the eventual last area, have the classic Carmageddon timers enabled. Anyone still in the district at that point, is literally running on borrowed time - they have only a short time to get out of the district or their car will shut down when the timer runs out. But, importantly, they can still extend that time by usual Carmageddon means - fighting, stunt driving, and running over pedestrians. This would allow short jaunts into the "dead areas" if need be. This feature will remain in effect in the last district as well, so that whoever stays there cannot just stay waiting to ambush their opponent with a slaughter mortar or something similar.
Overall, a fairly weird idea that isn't likely to ever be attempted.

In the "too niche" category, I still want to see someone make a proper, large-scale speculative sim game. Preferably combat-oriented, and would likely be at least in part an arcade sim at best, but a proper attempt at a speculative sim would be nice.
What I mean is. Take a game like, for instance, War Thunder. It's not really a sim in any proper way, but it's kind of aspiring to be - it's driven by verisimilitude, having things being a product of interacting systems and aiming to create a believable representation of those things as they could be or could have been, in a videogame. There's armor that tries to act as armor, there's some manner of simulation of projectile impacts, damage to subsystems resulting in believable consequences (even if dampened for gameplay purposes), there's all manner of physics systems and performance modeling, etc. I want to see something like that, but for things that don't, or maybe even can't, really exist. A military force composed of futurustic conventional vehicles like tanks and aircraft, mixed with combat mecha acting as IFVs and 'upscaled infantry', and VTOL strikecraft/"battlefield fighters" like in the "Echelon:Wind Warriors" game. Whether it'd be a multiplayer "team arena" like War Thunder, or a game in the dying genre of campaign-driven vehicular action (like the Enemy Engaged series, or the aforementioned Echelon), I'd really like to see someone tackle the issue of futuristic improbable/impossible vehicles never really getting the attention to detail in games, that they often get in movies or written fiction.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Open world Gundam RPG where you can go between Earth and space seamlessly. You can exit your Gundam at will, walk around towns and space colonies, do missions and side activities. You can procure new Gundams, upgrade your existing Gundam.

Imagine the best of Yakuza, Assassins Creed and GTA while in Pilot mode and the best of Elite Dangerous and Zone of Enders in Gundam mode.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
Kindaichi/Conan/detective anime murderer simulator. You spend days and weeks, countless resources, plotting elaborate murder plans to exact revenge on those who wronged you like 18 years ago.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Mario and Friends Parkour game.

RPG depicting election campaign in high fantasy setting.

Open World Star Fox with multiple planetary systems.

Steampunk GTA

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Co-operative "Crystal Maze" sandbox style game

anigif_enhanced-19900-1396018264-7.gif

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil (First Movie) x Dead Rising x Dungeon Crawler
- Random generated Hive (Underground Laboratory) you have to escape
- physics based systems
- almost everything is destructable (smash doors in, blow walls open with explosives, etc.)
- optional pvp/co-op (players start in different regions of the hive and can work together or against each other when they meet
- classic resident evil style riddles, etc.
- Hive has different simulated regions (desert, snow, big city, rural city, etc.)
- you meet survivors (NPCs) and can help/rob/kill them (some will be nromal and others will be mad (a tad less crazy than Dead Rising)
- Umbrella clean up crew tries to kill you
- Umbrella scientists try to capture you (scientists can fight agsainst clean up crew)
- Random events alter the levels (fire, water, cave in, etc.)

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Would love a more systemic, less scripted game set in the Half-Life world.
Think Deus Ex 1 emergent problem solving with STALKER's reactive ecosystems.

Half-Life's mechanics already has lots of logical systems in place: Fences are usually connected with wires to a outlet. use grenade blast to disable a outlet, or stack up stuff to jump over fence, or use combine body to temporarily disable fence, ect.

Same goes for it's fiction and ecosystem: Combine use mortar shells to launch headcrabs in rebel camps. What if this happens dynamically based on your notoriety. When you come back, the camp is turned into a ravenholm style zombie place.

To incentivise the systemic nature of it's design, you'll have only one goal: Reach [insert destination] which would be really difficult to reach. Use the semi-openworld to research how you'll get to your destination: Get back entrance into the combine network systems to disable security, or you could help strengthen the rebel to create a distraction. Think Zelda BOTW: you can reach the castle at anytime, the world is there to strengthen you for the upcoming battle.

All this based around valve typical style of colorful character writing.

Jordan Thomas was working on a Deus Ex 3 sequel, and his design was based around some of the same systemic principles:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-16-ion-storms-lost-deus-ex-sequels under: Three's Company
To bad this never happend :(

Kumomeme

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Malaysia
proper open world Final Fantasy game that revolve around travesal using airship

Kind of like AC Black Flag, but this time player ride and command airship,upgrading airship, able to participate in airship fight like naval fight in black flag, flying across world full of flying continent instead of sea island, explore each part of area like how in xenoblade chronicles x from bottom to upper area of world

a mechanic where moggle being use like pods in nier automata, use it as glider, can change its job,and can throw it around to get item like in ff13-2

the way square is now, probably we never see this kind scale of game

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
A fully randomized game titled 'RNG'. From the story, enemies, to the NPCs, environment, objects, etc all the way to your character, backstory, stats, appearance, etc. Dialogue and relationships would also be RNG but it would be structured in a way so that when the game loads up, nothing is broken, not even sentences.

If voice acted and AAA, this game would need 20 times the budget of Skyrim to exist. If not voice acted and indie, maybe 20 times the budget of No Man's Sky or something.

This thread is bait for game developers looking for a challenge

:D

I knew this and that's why I didn't care because mine is nearly impossible to achieve.

masaa

Oct 27, 2017
France
Fire Emblem X Pokemon just makes sense. You can make it a Pokemon Conquest sequel if you wish.

A Falcom Rhythm game.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
One of my ideas can be made by me in Dreams, so I wont mention any Details for now. The other one is a Personaesquegame in the Buffyversum.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom Hearts type of RPG developed by Nintendo.

Shit. Style it around Captain N the Gamemaster if you want.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Funny seeing this thread pop up lately as I had a dream a few days ago that I was working on a new SSX game in the style of Forza Horizon. I've spent the last few days coming up with ideas, drawing up some sketches, and even thinking of a hypothetical soundtrack for it. What better way to bring that series back than to turn it into a festival type game? Hey, EA. I'm available.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Dark souls-style battle royale where the circle summons stronger npc enemies as you get close to the center. Loot for weapons, spells etc. And get pushed into close quarters with tougher enemies and fellow players.

Final circle is a free for all like the forest covenant.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
Disney's Mickeys adventure by studio mdhr
All cuphead type levels but every world is themed by Disney villians and Mickey is traveling to beat each main boss of the world.
Could do some amazing levels based on fantasmic and Ursula/maleficent

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just looking for a awesome cyberpunk game , something that I can fly around a city with 1000s of cars everywhere and land in certain districts.
Ultimately I want a g-police remake where you occasional go onfoot

- aircar flying in a detailed city
- bounty hunter ground sections like the original prey 2

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
That's pretty much the same idea in the OP. Make it happen, Nintendo.
Hire Square Enix.

Reimagine Captain N as a comatose kid who's soul is recruited by a higher power to stop the omniversal threat. Have Geno from SMRPG as a co-protagonist.

I'd be fine with a traditional RPG, but I think making it a an action rpg with multiple controllable characters would let it have the highest impact.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
a legit sequel to alan wake. heck, i don't even know if i want it anymore. it has been so long since i've even played alan wake.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
A Berserk fighting game made by Arcsys with Susumu Hirasawa doing the OST.

Roster:

Guts
Casca
Griffith
Zodd
Grunbeld
Skull Knight
Wyald
Serpico
Schierke
Isidro
Farnese
Slan
Berserker Armor Guts
Griffith (Femto)

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I've been meaning to necro this thread for a long while and this is good of a chance as any, so I will cross-post from another thread:

I had an idea for a first person melee game (I'm no developer, just imaginary stuff), but started to feel as if your standard controllers doesn't have enough inputs (that don't require taking your finger of the camera).

So here's my idea:

Strikes mapped to shoulder buttons:

Triggers for let and right punch, bumpers for left and right kick.

Press both triggers for a block.

Both bumpers while running for a drop kick.

You can string together simple combos in line with more grounded take on combat. It matters where your strikes land so you can vary up the animations depending on what body part you aim an individual strike at. So a kick to the foot would register as a low kick while a kick to the side of the torso would be a roundhouse to the ribs. Perhaps there could be some slight auto-aim to the body parts or even soft lock-on to help you target them?

There's also grabs which you aim at extremeties and can use your movement while grappling to take the opponent to the groudn and apply holds. This could also be used to grab a weapon out of their hands, after a brief struggle where you have to quickly hit them with a free limb to make them let go. And here's a problem for my armchair game design: the fuck do I map the grab to? This is why paddles need to be a thing. the best I can think of pushing down the right stick.

And there there dodging which I have no idea what to map to because I kinda envision God Hand like dodging and weaving that would be enabled via button + right stick, except that appropriate button doesn't exist. I guess you could map it to a face button and have a more automated dodge.
And this, my dears, is why modern controllers aren't the perfection you guys pretend they are. Next-gen consoles should have paddles by default.

I guess I could map it to both triggers and then have block be something else? Moving back like in a fighting game? I can't imagine that not being awkward.

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A game about trading and pirating in space along the lines of Freelancer. Heck just give me a sequel.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd really like a singleplayer simulation-RPG that simulates raid battles in MMO. Managing a crew of 30 tanks/dps/healers during a long (10-30 minute) boss fight. Learning / wiping on encounters to finally beat it after many tries. I love raiding but can't afford the 4-5 nights a week schedule due to personal life. Would love something that scratches the same itch.

Nov 18, 2017
Nuh-uh im not falling for this one again, ive got a mate who worked at Travellers Tales & is contracting now but whenever id tell him an idea that git would run home and prototype it.

You aint gonna get me again!

2D HD pixel art run and gun game inspired by metal slug about a cartoon detective fox investigating grizzly murders in a cartoon animal world.

Made about 3 prototypes but lets be honest, this is never coming out so take it

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Serious bump here. I guess it's time to dump more of my ideas here. Let me know when these are made or if they already exist, so I can thank you and play them.

A. Battle Royale Rumble. 100 60 men/women wrestling in a massive ring. 4 wrestlers enter the ring every 30 seconds, one from all four sides. Last man standing wins.

B. Mr. Robot: The Video Game in the style of Watch Dogs, but heavily focused on hacking.

C. 18 Years To Life. A game in the style of "Life Is Strange". 18 Chapters, each takes place one year apart. Your character grows after each chapter and every decision they made in their life reflects on the next and defines who they become.

D. PROJECT TERMINATOR. You're a hired hit in a massive open world city set in 1985. Every NPC has a role. Not just fake roles but real roles. They live and breathe. They have day jobs, problems, addictions, family, schedules. You can carry your hit however you like, but it'll be more successful if you scout your hit's weekly routine. Upto 4 player online hit squads. Each man assigned with tasks like following the target, getting access to surveillance, tapping phones, Hacking, arranging weapons and getaway vehicles, kidnapping (if required), and clean work. You sometimes have no info but a name. You go through phone directory and find your target.

----------

VR Games:

E. VR AIRLINE SIMULATOR. It's like Surgeon Simulator but for airliners. You can fly the plane, be an airhostess, and grow the airline from small time to international.

F. Adar.io-style Planet Eater VR game. Self-explanatory. You are like Galactus, you eat planets and grow. Other players can eat you if they're bigger than you.

G. Exercise Bike VR Game.

H. "The Really Real Driving Simulator"
. Surgeon simulator style VR game with procedurally generated cities and road where you drive around like you're commuting to work, complete with traffic jams and accidents and fire fighters and cops.

Last edited:

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Sonic Generations but with Mega Man instead.

Free money Capcom (and one more try to experiment with 3D MM), why you no do?

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Kind of a mix between Battlefield, the Daybreakers movie, and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. :D
I've always wanted a more fantasy like battlefield game. I've imagined one which is essentially a battle in Hell with a sort of ww1/ ww2 hellish landscape from games like Clive barkers jericho and necrovision, using some real messed up looking weapons that are a mixture of wood, metal flesh and bone... ya it's pretty metal, but I'm just getting slightly bored of the more "authentic" military settings in mp shooters, whether they be past, modern or near future.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
A. Battle Royale Rumble. 100 men wrestling in a massive ring. 5 wrestlers enter the ring every 30 seconds. Last man standing wins.
Something like that (but with smaller number, I imagine) would make for a good online multi mode in a good wrestling game. Smaller number because in a hundred man scenario the first few players are way too disadvantaged.

Good wrestling game.

"Your game ideas that will never get made"

C. 18 Years To Life. A game in the style of "Life Is Strange". 18 Chapters, each takes place one year apart. Your character grows after each chapter and every decision they made in their life reflects on the next and defines who they become.
Wow this sounds amazing.

What period of life would those 18 years cover?

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Wow this sounds amazing.

What period of life would those 18 years cover?
Thanks! I'm thinking from birth to adulthood. You "create" a baby, name him, and then you learn to walk, talk, laugh, cry, and how to love and hate. When they grow, adolescence/puberty kicks in, life happens. Ideally it takes place during his/her birthday.

Something like that (but with smaller number, I imagine) would make for a good online multi mode in a good wrestling game. Smaller number because in a hundred man scenario the first few players are way too disadvantaged.

Good wrestling game.
Yeah it has to be online based, you create your own wrestler. Progression could be attires, entrance themes, moves, finishers, taunts, etc. I'm thinking 16-bit Genesis style game.

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
No no no... i'm keeping my awesome ideas close to my chest. You can't have em! They're mine i tell you!!!1!

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Thanks! I'm thinking from birth to adulthood. You "create" a baby, name him, and then you learn to walk, talk, laugh, cry, and how to love and hate. When they grow, adolescence kicks in, life happens. Ideally it takes place during his/her birthday.
Some would argue that the opportunity for more impactful decisions would occur later in life, but this sounds great.

I'd love a game where you can end up as either a content person or a deadbeat depending on your choices.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Some would argue that the opportunity for more impactful decisions would occur later in life, but this sounds great.

I'd love a game where you can end up as either a content person or a deadbeat depending on your choices.
Very true. I personally thought about it because of my own life. Most of who I am was between 0-18. Every mistake or abuse or strength from 0-18 defined me. I could've been a deadbeat criminal or a decent person if my early choices ere different. I see teenagers going to prison and having their lives ruined because of mistakes.