• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Monkey Island 1 and 2? Why's that, they should run fine on any modern PC >_>;

It was something to do with it not wanting to play off of an external HDD, for some reason. It's been a long while since I attempted it though, and I've changed computers since.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
It was something to do with it not wanting to play off of an external HDD, for some reason. It's been a long while since I attempted it though, and I've changed computers since.
I generally play my games off an external HDD :P Besides the Monkey Island 1 and 2 release is not a very large game so you can install it unto your internal drive and it should run fine :3

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I made a Steam account because of the Portal 2 stuff with PS3, so this makes sense

1a818368ca.jpg

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Portal, TF2, and CS: Source. They should've excluded Valve games from the first three tbh.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Since I got HL2DM free with my ATi radreon express 200, guessing some varient of HL2DM, lost coast, and HL2

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
6MYq512.png

Dark Messiah - I actually beat it for the first time in 2020. Only took me 10 years. Great game.
Portal - I think I got this free somehow because I wasn't buying a lot of games back then and Portal wouldn't have been one I'd be interested in.
New Vegas - Peaking early with a game in my top 5. One of the only games I've bought a collectors edition for.

I had an older Steam account that I lost that had Half-Life 2 on it as well.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is the one. Came in from the original Half-Life days of WON.net, crossfire deathmatches, and CS Betas, eventually transitioning over to Steam.
Yup... I'm old
CS
TF
DoD
Did Valve give away free copies of these games to incentivize people to switch over from WON.net to Steam? Curious why TFC and DoD show up so much (and in the exact same order) in old-timey accounts alongside Counter-Strike.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Not taking a picture because mine got fucked up by the remasters being listed too, but

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock 2

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
My HL2 came with that:
timemachinefwk36.png

very very very standard :)
Happy whatever number of years (for the old Team fortress).

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
1) Man I'm old.
2) It's funny how many of us have the same/initial set of games. As if we all joined steam when it first came out lol

kDWFw1K.png

I remember buying s.t.a.l.k.e.r after listening to Shawn back on the old GFW podcast. Good times.

Feb 1, 2018
HL2, Deathmatch, and Portal

In like 2005 or whatever my nvidia mx420 had a promo where you get those games for free when you enter your serial number online

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
You can also view this under your licenses, but any things like bundles aren't going to show what games were included.

My second was Orange Box, but counting those together as one, my next entry would be Torchlight.

qR2MXei.jpg

Audiosurf was some good value. Still play it every once in a while. The sequel never really worked for me for some reason.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
lS3QWst.png

For some reason it only shows two games. But I did have steam ~6 months after it's launch, not sure if that's why it's only showing two?

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
Counter Strike: Source
Garry's Mod
Half-Life 2

Bought the CS:S and Gmod bundle while my retail copy of Orange Box arrived. Not gonna lie I was so nervous and excited since I had never bought anything online like that, I just wanted to play Gmod and getting to finally play a CS was a nice bonus.
These 3 games pretty much defined my gaming life, where I set consoles aside slowly and PC took over as my main platform. CS:S my most played game ever, too.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Half life: counter strike, team fortress classic and day of defeat. Ahh the good ole days