• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
And where's the best place you've ever had some seafood, whether it's your favorite or otherwise?

I gotta go with raw oysters but I'm all about the small and briny from the north. I've had some west coast and Gulf of Mexico oysters - didn't do it for me. Give me Prince Edward Island region all day.

As far as the best seafood overall I think it was Blue Water Cafe in Vancouver. We ordered a huge platter of various seafood and it was so good it blew my fucking mind. I've eaten most of my seafood in DC and NYC areas and there are some great spots but this beat them all.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Considering I'm Australian I should love seafood but really I only like mild white fish. I especially love Barramundi, whether it's grilled, crumbed or battered, I'll eat it any day of the week.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I like a good crabcake.

I'm from the North Carolina coast so there's a few places back home that I enjoy.

Oct 27, 2017
Shrimps and prawns are EASILY my favorite. Everything from the small ones you'll find in dishes to the large ones they deep fry for tempura

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shrimp, and it isn't even close. They taste better than all land critters too. Raw oysters are 2.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Probably a nice whole mackerel cooked on a barbecue. TBH pretty much any fish is delicious when cooked with a slice of lemon up its jacksie!

Being British though, a really nice battered cod/haddock at the seaside with plenty of salt and vinegar is one of life's great treats.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
Probably oysters. I like them raw, but I grew up eating them cooked. And I love when they're roasted in the shell on an open fire or breaded and deep fried Tempura style. At night I used to torture myself by watching this video of David Kinch and company making an oyster po boy. That crispy crunching noise you hear with their every bite makes me so hungry.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Diver scallops

scallops_0.jpg

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big ol' fried fish with mayo, sea salt, lime, and tapatio

I also have yet try any preparation of salmon I haven't liked. On that note, I once had a salmon taco after being starved for a day... I cried a little bit. It was sooooo fucking good

CEVICHE BITCHES! With avocado chunks.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Never had seafood that I didn't like, but I could probably eat my weight in lobster.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Gulf coast shrimp. If you live along the coast and you don't have a shrimp guy, you aren't living your best possible life.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately my body is weak and most shellfish will kill me (alergies). Love shrimp, calamari, and crab though.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
there's so much protein packed into seafood that if I eat it consistently, I get sick of it quickly. But my favorite dish at the moment is grilled calamari with simple greens or with a light sauce.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Crab for sure. Locally the best place is Crab Station.

Best I've ever had was a king salmon I caught in Sitka, Alaska. So amazingly delicious.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the best bite of perfectly prepared sushi or sashimi is pretty damn hard to beat but I love shrimp, lobster and crab (as well as oysters, mussels, clams, etc).

Damn I just realized I cannot answer...seafood is too good

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
some lobster stew i had in maine once was probably the most delicious thing i've ever eaten

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Peruvian food has great seafood:

Peruvian Ceviche:

img_ceviche_peruano_18147_600.jpg

Tacu Tacu en Salsa de Mariscos:

receta-del-tacu-tacu-de-mariscos.jpg

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shrimp, calamari, other forms of squid, mussels, you name it. I've yet to encounter shellfish I didn't like.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mackerel, especially Saba as nigiri or sushi/rolls. Sweet, fishy, acid. LOVE it. Oh and those tiny fried piles of smelt (esp Greek)

Oct 25, 2017
I could eat seafood all day long but having lived in the DMV I miss being able to find Maryland Blue Crab by the bushel for close to nothing.