• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me:

BMdfvEZ.png

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

nmHix0I.jpg

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

4InMorh.png

The Sixth Sense

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not exactly what the OP is asking for but I feel like it's the same exact energy of everything else in this thread.

Hereditary:
hereditart.gif

Does Peter think he's going to die in this moment? No.

Does he wish he was actually dead? Probably.

Dec 30, 2020
AmbitiousSmoothGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

Courtesy of Hot Fuzz

And from Masters of Horror: Deer Woman

1x07-Deer-Woman-masters-of-horror-13386238-900-506.jpg

He and his partner have been searching for a creature tied to local legend and this dude BRINGS HER HOME WITHOUT REALIZING IT. His partner calls him and pretty much describes her, and you just see his face drop as he says over the phone, "...I'm the dumbest man alive..."

Last edited:

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Some good ones in here already, so here's a couple of my favourites:

2gR.gif

The Fifth Element

clever-girl-gif-16.gif

Jurassic Park

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo, these immediately come to mind I guess:

Taxi Driver:

NxXj.gif

End of Evangelion:

996681EB2862F2259AA51611A88D7CFB2C0D30B0

And Oldboy (though you don't understand what's going on until the scene finishes):

FxA8.gif

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
tumblr_p1ox2nBu9x1riw5uqo1_540.gifv

Dunkirk.

It's a powerful moment that feels even more tragic due to the heroism of the character and the fakeout "victory" of him successfully landing his plane after his landing gear jams. Nolan gets a lot of shit for the tonal issues of his recent films but Dunkirk really nails the bittersweet conclusion to his character.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not a great movie, but Stanley Tucci in The Core has a great "I'm fucked" scene. The go in on this mission to restart the Earth's core (lol) and he has this gimmick of, like, narrating it all to a recorder as they go, to preserve it for the future or to use it in one of his lectures or whatever. He ends up trapped in a compartment they have to cut loose and keeps on recording until he realizes how stupid it is.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Snoke in The Last Jedi, when he feels the lightsaber and he knows he's fucked, but he looks a bit confused and baffled, like he thought he was meant to die in the third film.

I didn't really care that much about his backstory, I appreciate RJ wanted to shake the formula up or it might get stale doing another Palpatine arch type..

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snoke in The Last Jedi, when he feels the lightsaber and he knows he's fucked, but he looks a bit confused and baffled, like he thought he was meant to die in the third film.

I didn't really care that much about his backstory, I appreciate RJ wanted to shake the formula up and or it might get stale doing another Palpatine-type..
LMAO

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Not a great movie, but Stanley Tucci in The Core has a great "I'm fucked" scene. The go in on this mission to restart the Earth's core (lol) and he has this gimmick of, like, narrating it all to a recorder as they go, to preserve it for the future or to use it in one of his lectures or whatever. He ends up trapped in a compartment they have to cut loose and keeps on recording until he realizes how stupid it is.

Genuinely great little moment in a terrible film.

One of the greatest big budget "So bad it's good" movies out there.

f8061a792df73034775a86c830f14b0479afe2ce.gifv

cabin in the woods

AQ9d.gif

the departed

Both great picks. I need to rewatch The Departed...

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Not a movie, but in the Sopranos I thought Adriana's slow realization that she was *not* being taken to see her boyfriend in the hospital but was instead being driven out into the country to be murdered was haunting.

adriana-lacerva-drea-de-matteothe-sopranos-death-640x640.jpg