Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read it fam. I agree with you. I'm saying that has nothing to do with my statement. No need to point out " what about black ppl huh" when I'm strictly talking about the MAINSTREAM acceptance of trans ppl recently. We are discussing two different topics. You literally acknowledged everything the other poster mentioned that informs my beliefs but then call it bullshit the next. It's whatever tho i didn't wanna debate in the edgy opinions thread lol. I don't think that's very productive.
I brought it up because it's a massive factor in who is getting mainstream acceptance. Bringing that up is not saying "what about black people".

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
EVA is a trash anime that people use to try feel smarter than other people

I mean yeah, that's true. Not sure how it's edgy though lol. See also: Elfen Lied.

I guess the edgiest opinion I can think of would be that I don't like the Lovecraft swerve in Bloodborne. Like, at all. I much prefer the early part of the game with the beasts and crazy villagers. That and the fact that it's PS4 exclusive sucks. I know Sony literally paid for it, but I don't even go back to that game because of its garbage framerate and would love to have it in 60 at least on a proper PC.

Last edited:

Pacbois

Oct 27, 2017
Well no ones entitled to free sex not even a friendship. To them it's literally a job and a service they provide and nothing more.

I don't disagree with that. But I hate the framing. Tbh maybe I take this personally as someone struggling mental illness and relationships (and because according to some posters here we're all narcissistic monsters anyway) but yeah this always slightly annoyed me

Also forgot about my biggest pet peeve in my previous post:

Fucking quit it with personal responsibility about climate change. Great on you if you want to stop using non-reusable plastics or whatever, it's nice, but it's sadly useless.
What I fear is that climate consciousness will be used to discriminate against the poor and minorities who can't afford to adopt that lifestyle or refusing it. I shit you not I feel like minorities and the poor will be blamed and demonized by liberals, maybe even more virulently than conservatives today, except that accusing them of being criminals, they'll just be blamed for the decades of corporate greed that are killing our planet.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Women have the choice to abort until literally the day before they give birth

This is just so bizarre and stupid on so many different levels. Why not the day of? Or why not after delivery but before the chord is cut? What's the difference between it being a fully functioning and viable human and something that can be chopped up and discarded at that point? Like what the ever loving fuck?

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
We live on an age where sex and sexuality are encouraged and slut shaming is rightly considered an outdated, misogynistic concept, yet there's still a stigma against people who have no to little sex. Even in places were people are supposed to be more open minded.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't disagree with that. But I hate the framing. Tbh maybe I take this personally as someone struggling mental illness and relationships (and because according to some posters here we're all narcissistic monsters anyway) but yeah this always slightly annoyed me

I understand where your coming from, but these workers face a ton of abuse from regulars that end up becoming stalkers because they can't differentiate the difference between sex and love/affection.

I follow Sex Workers subreddits and the horror stories is shocking and sad.

Pacbois

Oct 27, 2017
Wut. Is this anti intellectualism

It's more that I believe Intellectualism needs to knocked down a notch.

I believe we give too much importance to them in our current socio-political climate, we give them a certain reverence and let them occupy a large space in the discourse (ugh), which led us to folks like Peterson, Harris and co to not only spew hate, but rebranding it to make it palatable.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
This is just so bizarre and stupid on so many different levels. Why not the day of? Or why not after delivery but before the chord is cut? What's the difference between it being a fully functioning and viable human and something that can be chopped up and discarded at that point? Like what the ever loving fuck?

So who decides what day then

Also, the difference is that it's inside the woman's body

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
We live on an age where sex and sexuality are encouraged and slut shaming is rightly considered an outdated, misogynistic concept, yet there's still a stigma against people who have no to little sex. Even in places were people are supposed to be more open minded.

Agreed.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reason, facts and logic are bullshit used to enforce capitalism and now fascism, and dehumanizing our common experience. Emotions are being either suppressed or exploited, making us all miserable.
I disagree about fascism (it's a romantic appeal to emotion at its core IMO), but you are right that reason, facts, and logic naturally tend to prop up capitalism.

Edit: Now that I think about it, "capitalism is good" is probably my edgiest-for-Era take.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
People who say weed smell makes them nauseous should smoke some weed. It helps with nausea.
evangelical weed folk are annoying, maybe they should try not smoking (!)

jk, I am of the controversial opinion that you should smoke the devils lettuce should you so desire, but those who do not wish to partake also have the right to not be amongst the groovy devil odours

Oct 29, 2017
You have to be exceptionally empathic to care for the well being of people outside your own social group of a hundred or so individuals.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The MCU is filled with nothing but vapid entertainment. It works. It's fun. But ultimately soulless and forgettable and no one film can truly stand on its own two feet without what's come before and after. There is not a single masterpiece in the entire franchise. Not a single film that works to elevate the genre beyond simple "superhero action figure spectacle". It's a good time at the movies, but nothing more than that. Maybe that's enough, but it's the financial success of the MCU as a whole that will largely be remembered, and not the individual films themselves.

Infinity War was fire, though, and I'm actually looking forward to Endgame next week.

Winter Soldier. Try again.

Pacbois

Oct 27, 2017
I understand where your coming from, but these workers face a ton of abuse from regulars that end up becoming stalkers because they can't differentiate the difference between sex and love/affection.

I follow Sex Workers subreddits and the horror stories is shocking and sad.

If any of what I said sounded dismissive of SWers and their experience, I'm sorry. Having a rough brain day so I struggle a bit with my words.
I know their work is some of the most dangerous yet they're often given no protection and/or persecuted by authorities. And I actually agree on the fact that they're a positive force and can legitimately help a lot of people.

I think my take was mostly personal, especially since I think that it sucks that our relationships are becoming more and more transactional. But I don't blame this on SWers, this is clearly on patriarchy and capitalism.

Maybe this should have been my take in the first place.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
evangelical weed folk are annoying, maybe they should try not smoking (!)

jk, I am of the controversial opinion that you should smoke the devils lettuce should you so desire, but those who do not wish to partake also have the right to not be amongst the groovy devil odours
Yeah, sure. I just think people are still a bit too uptight about it. And those judging eyes...
But we already tried that. Didn't work.
It kind of did though. Way fewer people were drinking than before prohibition started after they started polling it again. At the very least I wish there was more stigma around drinking. Even that could save countless lives and make for fewer assholes.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People that need to have speakers with any type of sound so loud that make my walls rumble should fucking be hanged.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
If any of what I said sounded dismissive of SWers and their experience, I'm sorry. Having a rough brain day so I struggle a bit with my words.
I know their work is some of the most dangerous yet they're often given no protection and/or persecuted by authorities. And I actually agree on the fact that they're a positive force and can legitimately help a lot of people.

I think my take was mostly personal, especially since I think that it sucks that our relationships are becoming more and more transactional. But I don't blame this on SWers, this is clearly on patriarchy and capitalism.

Maybe this should have been my take in the first place.
It's okay :) Just want you to understand their point of view. These girls have to do whatever they can to protect themselves since they have no legal protection. Prostitution needs to be legalized and properly regulated to prevent all of this from happening.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I support sex workers rights but I also hate hearing them that they're a service to people suffering from mental illness. It's literally saying that you have to pay a premium to have the right to receive affection.
I think this is partly due to the current laws and regulation. A sex worker providing a service for people with psychological disabilities should be working with a mental health professional as a sex surrogate... if that were legal. It's not most places though.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
The internet has been a net negative on society, and I say that as someone who grew up using the internet.

Vegans may be annoying, but they make some pretty damn good points. The meat industry is horribly unethical to animals and terrible for the environment.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
The new Star Wars Trilogy will be remembered less fondly than the prequels. Folks are just to lost in the hype to think objectively right now. They're shit movies and the last one can't make up for the first two.

Pacbois

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is partly due to the current laws and regulation. A sex worker providing a service for people with psychological disabilities should be working with a mental health professional as a sex surrogate... if that were legal. It's not most places though.

That would be great if this was the norm, sadly I feel like it will never be the norm. At least as long as sex work is seen as immoral or taboo.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I like to think I'm quite liberal and tolerant, I like to view the world in a 'live and let live' kind of way, and if I have an intolerant thought I try and be self aware enough to ask myself where that thought came from....

But every time I see an adult on a kick scooter, especially one in a suit, I think how much I'd like to push the fucker off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.