• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I either want a HunterXHunter fighter by ArcSys, or a beefy RPG from Monolithsoft that spans every current arc.

I feel a Xenoblade 2 like battle system would be incredible for all of the intricacies of Nen

Jun 13, 2020
Berserk by From Software, but honestly I have a hard time imagining how they could successfully adapt Berserk into a game. It would need to have a Yakuza game's volume of cutscenes, but it wouldn't have enough gameplay if they only stuck to the source material, even if they wanted to make tons of side content. A Yakuza like structure (tons of cutscenes but tons of side content as well) might work for the Golden Age Arc, but what about the rest?

Bosox06DH

Nov 19, 2019
As others have already stated a Arc System Works fighting game that is based on Dragon Ball FighterZ, but have it encompass all of the major Shonen properties (Basically Jump Force with an amazing art director, graphics and engaging gameplay) is my dream AAA anime game. A team with Hiei, Dio and Killua with modified DBF gameplay would be incredible.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
I desperately need a Gurren Lagann game. (and no, not the Japan only DS game).

And some actually good game for Kill La Kill and Little Witch Academia please.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
BotW style game playing as Bulma. Freely exploring the crazy ass Dragon Ball world using various guns, gadgets and Capsule Corp. vehicles. The Genshin Impact devs might be a good fit.

180818-mfa02-00.jpg
sample-aa341847bccd643844668de913cf38e0.jpg
I'd be down for this. Just any kind of Classic Dragon Ball like BotW would be amazing.

Onvious

Nov 16, 2019
Claymore and Berserk by From Software .
To be honest I rather pass to Cowboy Bebop game. I dont think any game studios make a worthy Cowboy Bebop game. Also for some reason they wont use original music from series.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Basically make an MMO in the hunter x hunter setting. Nen as a concept should be fully explored as a series of game mechanics.

OP
OP
Thewonandonly

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
O shit I came up with a brilliant idea!!

Mob psycho 100 done by the persona team. They would have to make an action game for the fighting section which is out of there wheelhouse but a fun challenge that the team would overcome. Where they would really shine would be the school aspect. As mob you have to build your social links with the workout club, your brother, rytsu (boss man), and the blond haired kid, plus many more. You get to see mob grow as a person and the social links could effect the combat. The less social links the more you fight angerly and lonely like the esper in season 2. With a bunch of social links you have Mob at 100% courage and will. This will change the ending and fit extremely well with the world and the story of the anime. Fuck I want this now!!

Dec 14, 2017
Blame, developed in a collaboration between FromSoftware and Remedy. Basically; Control x Souls, sort of.

Land of the Lustrous, also a collaboration between Supergiant and Platinum. Basically, Pyre x Metal Gear Rising, more or less.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Massive open-world Full Metal Alchemist game. Don't meaningfully connect it to the plot of the anime. Just give me that world and lots of character customization in terms of what powers you use.

Oct 31, 2017
Escaflowne and Evangelion video games

Art direction can be done 2 ways:

EITHER

Animated cutscenes by Ufotable

OR

CGI cinematics by Visual Works

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Lupin III game by IO Interactive

Like Hitman, but with heists instead of assassinations.

• Lupin's disguises would fit in PERFECTLY as a mechanic.
  • The same is true for his other tricks and gadgets.
  • Members of your Lupintic gang act as optional tools that can pull off certain scenarios, but come with certain risks (Jigen's and Goemon's gunslinging and swordsmanship may cause a commotion, Fujiko has a random chance of trying to betray you and get away with the prize).
  • Inspector Zenigata is like this game's stalker enemy that can show up to make levels harder. He may implement stricter security measures designed to making use of your toolbox harder. He may make your desired approach harder or untenable and force you to improvise. He has a much easier time of seeing through your disguises than anyone else. He doesn't always show up and is pretty much like a variable to spice up the level that you may be able to toggle in the menu.
  • Getting discovered is not tantamount to game over, as you can make a daring escape by using your tools and various elements in the levels. You can even nab the treasure WHILE escaping. Sometimes, showing yourself might actually be a part of your plan.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I love this movie, but I don't know how would work as a game. Angel's Egg is also one of the inspirations for Dark Souls 3, so Miyazaki would be perfect.

Well if you wanted to faithfully adapt the film, I think the most logical template would be ICO: Boy guides & protects Girl(who's protecting the egg) across this surreal dystopia. It wouldn't need combat, just exploration and environmental puzzles.

The FromSoft game would be more using that world, atmosphrere, and lore as a foundation and doing their own thing.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Ace Combat team made a Gundam game on the PS2. It's called Mobile Suit Gundam: One Year War.

631829-A4-9-F16-4579-AC53-AE7646097-B34.jpg

Around the same time, Sega's Aero Dancing dev team made a SDF Macross game. Both are really good.

Woah sweet! Didn't know that was by them! Those both look quite cool! So, another one of those please!

Really the closest thing I've ever gotten to the kind of game I'm thinking of was Project Sylpheed on the 360. That had the epic scale battles I'm really thinking of, and the story was basically a Gundam story.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Woah sweet! Didn't know that was by them! Those both look quite cool! So, another one of those please!

Really the closest thing I've ever gotten to the kind of game I'm thinking of was Project Sylpheed on the 360. That had the epic scale battles I'm really thinking of, and the story was basically a Gundam story.

OYW was part of something larger called Project Pegasus. It was before Bandai bought Namco and they were going to do more Gundam games with the team, but sadly the game sold poorly and the project was scrapped.

Also, before anyone says Gundam game made by FROM, it already exists. Gundam Unicorn on the PS3. And FROM also did the Another Century's Episode games which are nothing but mecha anime goodness.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
It'd probably be Full Metal Panic by Kojima Productions who've shown that they're capable of knocking grounded on-foot militaristic action + sci-fi elements out of the park. Incorporating the Arm Slaves (mechs) would be the hard part, as well as designing areas that accommodate their scale and destructive capabilities, but Kojima has experience there with Zone of the Enders. I envision it being sort of an amalgam of Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid V (without the open world): get dropped into a variety of missions as Sousuke, Clousseau, Melissa, or Kurz; some call for an Arm Slave and some don't (perhaps with specific setpieces designed around the Arm Slaves like in the anime), with full control over your loadout, Arm Slave customization and upgrades, etc. like featured in MGSV and Death Stranding.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Cowboy Bebop MMO. No idea who the dev would be. They'd have to create incredible worlds, have a robust battle engine, and nail the space travel.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Cowboy Bebop (Arkane) or Trigun (Insomniac)...and maybe Lupin the 3rd where you play as Jigen or Goemon (Rocksteady)?

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Darker Than Black.

cdEMUDe.jpg

Colored by Hexamendle.

A stealth/Batman Arkham game starring Chinese Electric Batman (Hei) and Yin by Rocksteady.

Yin is your codec support as her power is a radar-like that can detect enemies, items and objectives if there is any nearby water (if there is no water, you are alone).

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
One Piece Triple A MMO with ship battles, huge raids and a great open world. You could start with the Grand Blue Arc and open up the map with the following story lines. Create a crew with your friends and customize your ship. Fight against the big foes with your friends and enter one of several factions to get boni, gear and ship parts.

God, that would be my dream game.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Open world Naruto, PVP game where users can combine attacks to make new jutsus.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
An RPG based on Monster, developed by Atlus.
But like who would you fight? There's almost no direct conflict in Monster, it's all drama and suspense. Feels like something far better suited to a good visual novel/adventure game studio like Spike Chunsoft, Telltale or Dontnod where you spend all your time talking to characters and investigating locations and interacting with objects to solve puzzles and collect clues. Too bad Cing is dead, they'd be perfect for Monster.

SpScarecrow

Oct 27, 2017
The attack on titan game that we got is actually surprisingly good, though it is a bit arcadey and isn't really like an AAA western game.

I'm still waiting for my arc sys jojo fighter
I bought it recently and I'm really enjoying it. You could tell they had passion for the series. I'm also surprised how they gave depth to killing Titans when I thought it would be dull. Swinging in the ODM gear is really fun and I kind of ditch my horse most of the time.

SĆ­riocaz

Oct 19, 2019
A game that looks like your average anime. This is incredibly hard and I don't know if it's downright impossible. You know, games like Dragon Ball FighterZ almost nail this, the characters look more out of an hand-drawn animations than video game models sometimes.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
PokƩmon: The Ash Saga. Meaning way less focus on catching random PokƩmon, more sidequests, anime-style graphics, ...

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
Revolutionary Girl Utena by Platinum and Atlus. Platinum for the over the top character action that is centered around the duels. Atlus for the everyday-school comedy, drama and intrigue.
BotW style game playing as Bulma. Freely exploring the crazy ass Dragon Ball world using various guns, gadgets and Capsule Corp. vehicles. The Genshin Impact devs might be a good fit.
This is a great idea! I almost forgot how adventurous Dragon Ball feels in the first few mangas, before it turns into volumes and volumes of ever more fighting. That's be a great fit.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Okay, hear me out...

A Berserk RPG...

But set AFTER the end of the main story and with an entirely different character.

Either that, or sometime before the events of the main story.

I know, I know, it may not be "Berserk" when the characters by that point are all dead or gone, but I would like Miura to work on it... if he can just stop playing Idol Master all day...

šŸ˜…

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
One Piece fighting game by ArcSys

As detailed by this thread

www.resetera.com

What if Arcsys Works made a One Piece Fighting Game like Fighterz (long,lots of imgs)

Disclaimer: It was not just me who made this thread, Dale Copper deserves alot of the credit for making the thread and I did help him but he can't post a thread yet. Also thanks to AgentLampshade for creating UI for a One Piece fighting game thread when he just had the desire, it wasn't made...

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I'd want a Symphogear game but I'm not sure who to make it. Like Arcsys if it's a fighting game I guess but I think that's too obvious and I'd prefer an action game.