JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Jokes aside, that is an amazing shot. Photographer probably went nuts capturing that one.

Stencil

Mailing Out Their Business
Oct 30, 2017
USA
Gasp in delight. I'd be honored to be attacked by a cardinal they are so majestic.

I remember hanging out one time in the backyard with my dad, he was wearing a bright red polo shirt with black sleeves. All of the sudden, a cardinal landed on the chair like 4ft from him, and it was just staring down my dad. It kept tilting it's head, trying to size up the situation. Pretty sure it thought my dad was a giant male red cardinal. It stayed and stared for like 2 minutes.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Gasp in delight. I'd be honored to be attacked by a cardinal they are so majestic.

I remember hanging out one time in the backyard with my dad, he was wearing a bright red polo shirt with black sleeves. All of the sudden, a cardinal landed on the chair like 4ft from him, and it was just staring down my dad. It kept tilting it's head, trying to size up the situation. Pretty sure it thought my dad was a giant male red cardinal. It stayed and stared for like 2 minutes.

Cardinals hang out in my backyard here in Maryland fairly often. It's always nice seeing them. Beautiful bird.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
We had a cardinal that would see himself in my wife's car window and would constantly try to fight himself. Pecking, scratching, and pooping all over her driver side window.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Better than the last time Era told me to go outside ...

www.resetera.com

You go outside, look up, and see this. What's next?

You step outside, look up, and see this monstrosity. Will you cower at this Lovecraftian demon or pray at the Biblically accurate angel 🤔? Alternative options including going back to sleep, wondering why there are helicopters on your lawn, or others.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LightKiosk

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Better than the last time Era told me to go outside ...

www.resetera.com

You go outside, look up, and see this. What's next?

You step outside, look up, and see this monstrosity. Will you cower at this Lovecraftian demon or pray at the Biblically accurate angel 🤔? Alternative options including going back to sleep, wondering why there are helicopters on your lawn, or others.
Does it come with the music cause damn
pepe-d-bttv.gif

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I guess I'd probably shield my face with my hands, but in all honesty I'm not sure I could be too mad about being attacked by a bird that cute. The ones around here that usually attack are much meaner looking.

Stencil

Mailing Out Their Business
Oct 30, 2017
USA
Cardinals hang out in my backyard here in Maryland fairly often. It's always nice seeing them. Beautiful bird.
Yeah they really love my backyard trees, birdfeeder and birdbaths. I have a heated birdbath that I've even seen them in this winter. In MN. We have at least one couple that live in our tree. The female always freaks me out by trying to fight with her reflection in the window above my gaming TV. I'll be trying to zone out playing Stardew and BAM! Cardinal starts repeatedly smashing into the window right above the TV.

Last edited:

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I might tell myself, this is not my beautiful house.
I might tell myself, that is not my beautiful wife

Oct 28, 2017
I look down and say "Why the hell I'm a drinking coffee?! Eeww", throw it on the bird-sized cruise missile coming towards me and walk away.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
I wouldn't react fast enough to get out of the way, so I guess I'd get beaned in the head by a bird.