• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
The first time you do this your existing subscriptions will be converted at a 1:1 ratio, then after you've upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, any further Gold redemptions to your account will be converted as follows...
  • 1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (3:2)
  • 3 months Gold = 2 months Ultimate (3:2)
  • 12 months Gold = 4 months Ultimate (3:1)
The 3 months of gold is 50 days and not 2 months

3 months of game pass gives you 2 months of ultimate

So, once you convert ... how hard is it to switch back to just being a an XBL Gold member when it expires?

How much does Game Pass Ultimate normally cost when it's not on sale? $15/month? Is there are yearly rate?

You'd have to wait until your sub expires. After that, you can sub to regular gold with no issues

15 dollars a month, there's currently no yearly option. However, I think it'll follow how regular game pass works where they offer more than 1 month, but it's just the one month cost x however many months is listed (ex: 1 month of GP is $9.99, and their 3 months is $29.99)

Oct 26, 2017
For those of you yet to try, this might help if you want to get a full 3 years.

(Note that this only works if you don't have an active subscription right now, if you do, you would have to purchase a different set of cards).

You need:
2x 1 year passes
1x 6 Month pass
1x 3 Month pass (I had this already, so it may not work out cheaper if you need to buy it separately)

Instructions:
1) Redeem one of your 1 year passes, enable reoccurring billing to get your first free month
2) Disable reoccurring billing
3) Redeem the second of your 1 year passes, enable reoccurring billing to get your second free month
4) Disable reoccurring billing
5) Redeem your 6 month pass, enable reoccurring billing to get your third free month
6) Disable reoccurring billing
7) Redeem your 3 month pass, but do not enable reoccurring billing. If you do, it will try to credit you with 4 months, and will not let you redeem the code. (You can try again if you do it accidently).
8) Purchase the £/$1Game Pass Ultimate offer. Your 36 months of XBLG will be converted to GPU.
9) Disable reoccurring billing.

It works! :) Cost me just over £100 in total, so I think that's a pretty good deal. Guess I'm getting a Scarlet then!
yVyrTqH.png

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
i already converted to ultimate, and that expires on 12/19. would it be better if i just made a new account and stacked a few years and then did the conversion?

tiong

Jun 9, 2019
Yes, you can still convert for 12,99€ or $14.99
Or wait for the next deal.

Also for everyone who already got into the $1 offer
You can still stack this now:

Has anyone tried if the amazon.de code works in other European regions? It says "Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in Germany and Austria." in the listing page so I'm hesitant to try it out.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone have a list of upcoming gamepass pc games?

I don't really use my xbox anymore so only interested in the pc side of it, is it worth it?

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought 2 years, but also had a code for 1 month of gold and 1 month of game pass. Add in the bonus month for recurring payments and I'm all set until December 2021. Such incredible value. Everyone jump on this.

Last edited:

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Has anyone tried if the amazon.de code works in other European regions? It says "Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in Germany and Austria." in the listing page so I'm hesitant to try it out.
The note on the Amazon page is that you can't buy if you're not from Germany or Austria.
So you need to change your region settings in your Amazon account.

Other than that, the codes are valid for the EFT zone.
EU_EFTA_CEFTA_CISFTA.png

Dark blue + green.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so I didn't know what I was doing the other day when I signed up for GamePass Ultimate. I just ... signed up for the $1 trial.

So, lemme describe my situation if ya'll don't mind helping me out here:

• I bought 1 year of Xbox Love for ~$60 or whatever the price is on May 20, 2019
  • Last Friday, I signed up for the $1 trial of Game Pass Ultimate
  • If I go to my Manage screen for Microsoft, I see: "$14.99 every month, next charge on 6/20/2020 with PayPal"
  • If I scroll down to XBL, I see: "Subscription converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"
So, is it safe to say I got the deal for about 1 year or so, and that in 2020 my acct will switch over to $15/mo which will include XBL + GamePass Ultimate? Am I able to double up or add any more years? I plan on subbing to XBL for at least the next couple years.

The first time you do this your existing subscriptions will be converted at a 1:1 ratio, then after you've upgraded to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, any further Gold redemptions to your account will be converted as follows...
  • 1 month Gold = 20 days Ultimate (3:2)
  • 3 months Gold = 2 months Ultimate (3:2)
  • 12 months Gold = 4 months Ultimate (3:1)

Interesting. Thanks!

Halabane

Nov 10, 2017
I lucked out and got it right to jun of 22. However its worth about a $1 for the amount of crashes and system slow down. It really is a beta. Right now when I launch it its just a black box with nothing else.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, stupid question: my year of live will be up on 7/1. I have game pass now (I think; took advantage of another deal). Will this help me save in any way? How do I do it when I have 10 days left of live?

Oct 26, 2017
i already converted to ultimate, and that expires on 12/19. would it be better if i just made a new account and stacked a few years and then did the conversion?

If you don't care about friend lists/achievements/cloud saves etc. And are willing to swap accounts if you need to download something you've purchased on your existing account, then yea, it's probably worth it if you're gonna do the full 3 year thing.

Hmm, so I didn't know what I was doing the other day when I signed up for GamePass Ultimate. I just ... signed up for the $1 trial.

So, lemme describe my situation if ya'll don't mind helping me out here:

• I bought 1 year of Xbox Love for ~$60 or whatever the price is on May 20, 2019
  • Last Friday, I signed up for the $1 trial of Game Pass Ultimate
  • If I go to my Manage screen for Microsoft, I see: "$14.99 every month, next charge on 6/20/2020 with PayPal"
  • If I scroll down to XBL, I see: "Subscription converted to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"
So, is it safe to say I got the deal for about 1 year or so, and that in 2020 my acct will switch over to $15/mo which will include XBL + GamePass Ultimate? Am I able to double up or add any more years? I plan on subbing to XBL for at least the next couple years.

From the sounds of it, this means you are on GPU and wont have to pay until 20th Jun next year. Unfortunately you can't add any time by means of gold subscriptions at a 1:1 ratio, as once the account upgrade is done the "transfer" offer is no longer eligible. If you happen to have any additional time cards for XBLG or standard Game Pass, you can still add them to your account but you won't get a 1:1 ratio for the time that they're worth. If I were you, at this point I'd just leave it as-is and enjoy your upcoming year of gamepass.

Sorry, stupid question: my year of live will be up on 7/1. I have game pass now (I think; took advantage of another deal). Will this help me save in any way? How do I do it when I have 10 days left of live?

Potentially. Check to see if your subscription is just for standard Game pass, rather than "Game Pass Ultimate". I believe (though I am not 100% sure, so take caution if you decide to act upon this info) that you will still be able to add XBL time to your account and then do the conversion. "How you do it" is just to add as much time to your live sub as you want (up to 36 months total) via XBL cards, or just buying the months outright and then to buy the $1 game pass ultimate offer. (Note: You can add time to your XBL sub at any point. You don't need to wait for it to run out). It will convert any existing time into GPU time. If you want to be certain that it will work, I'd suggest getting in touch with Microsoft support to ask them if you still qualify for the upgrade.

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
If you don't care about friend lists/achievements/cloud saves etc. And are willing to swap accounts if you need to download something you've purchased on your existing account, then yea, it's probably worth it if you're gonna do the full 3 year thing.

From the sounds of it, this means you are on GPU and wont have to pay until 20th Jun next year. Unfortunately you can't add any time by means of gold subscriptions at a 1:1 ratio, as once the account upgrade is done the "transfer" offer is no longer eligible. If you happen to have any additional time cards for XBLG or standard Game Pass, you can still add them to your account but you won't get a 1:1 ratio for the time that they're worth. If I were you, at this point I'd just leave it as-is and enjoy your upcoming year of gamepass.

Potentially. Check to see if your subscription is just for standard Game pass, rather than "Game Pass Ultimate". I believe (though I am not 100% sure, so take caution if you decide to act upon this info) that you will still be able to add XBL time to your account and then do the conversion. "How you do it" is just to add as much time to your live sub as you want (up to 36 months total) via XBL cards, or just buying the months outright and then to buy the $1 game pass ultimate offer. (Note: You can add time to your XBL sub at any point. You don't need to wait for it to run out). It will convert any existing time into GPU time. If you want to be certain that it will work, I'd suggest getting in touch with Microsoft support to ask them if you still qualify for the upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I'll just make a new account since none of my pals are really on live anymore and I can always swap to the main account for the few games I already own.

Edit: Woo, good til 2022! So much money saved on new games

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Unfortunately, I am far too drunk to figure out the best course of action for myself. I have an xbox one with a lapsed gold subscription (i.e., not currently subbed) - what's my best bet here in terms of max returns?

Love each and every one of you

:)

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I had a year and a bit Game pass and about 8 months Gold left...bought 1 year gold for £40 and now I have 3 years Ultimate.

Yup, this is one hell of a deal. Don't miss out.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Unfortunately this deal is not available here in Russia. But some of our retailers have 3 month game pass ultimate codes for 18$. 1 code for 1 account. I had GP until November 2020, Gold until September 19. After redeeming code i got ultimate up to JULY 2021. I'm not mad)))

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If my Game Pass is good right now until 2022 but my Gold is only good until December is it worth it for me to do this?

Oct 27, 2017
shit I bought too much gold, now I have an extra 6 month code I can't redeem. Amazon doesn't do code refunds so I guess I I'll hold onto it? if Gold service gets retired maybe they will convert old unused Gold codes into straight Gamepass/ultimate time?
Either way I'm good until 2022.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Too late, my dumbass did the $1 upgrade first and now it expires in August 2019 -_-
Luckily for me I mainly play on PS4 so its not a big loss for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately, I am far too drunk to figure out the best course of action for myself. I have an xbox one with a lapsed gold subscription (i.e., not currently subbed) - what's my best bet here in terms of max returns?

Love each and every one of you

:)

Your best course of action should get you 36 months. Check my post with the numbered steps if you want to get the full thing!

Sendou

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Cheers for the reminder. Went for full 3 years. Has to be one of the best deals ever. Even considering getting Scarlett now when previously there was approximately 0% of chance of that happening.

Fawk Nin

Nov 6, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked but before I buy 3 years of Gold, this offer is worldwide? It will work in Ireland?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I messed up and upgraded before topping up.

Is there anyway to fix this ?
Can you see if you can cancel the Game Pass Ultimate? Or rather, the option might be 'refund' instead. I've seen that option before when I've signed up for the $1 Game Pass promos but I've never done it. Get a refund/cancel and see if you can sign up again. Or hit up their support team and see what they can do.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Bought 2 x 12 months as I had 1 month left on current XBL Gold and Gamepass subs, upgraded for £1 and happy days, next billable month is October 2021. Beautiful for £80.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Pretty wank they weren't clear about the conversion rates and I signed up for the one month first meaning the deal is pointless to me. Oh de well.

TeHi & BuSp

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I have already activate game pass pc...one month deal...what happen if I take 36 month gold + ultimate conversion?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went to December 2021 which will take me through Halo and Scarlett. I am satisfied.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I don't have any service. Can I use this to get 36 months for $36? I'm only interested in GP PC. Will this lock me in to anything? Can I change it to GP PC at the end of the 36 months?

Edit: I think I was misunderstanding. I need to get however much time I want at regular price of GP PC and then use this to convert to ultimate? So.. is there a point in doing this if I just want GP PC?

Last edited:

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a list of upcoming gamepass pc games?

I don't really use my xbox anymore so only interested in the pc side of it, is it worth it?
Trying my best here, but I may have missed some :P

June 27:
Goat Simulator
Torment

September 10:
Gears 5

October 25:
The Outer Worlds

Fall 2019:
Age of Empires 2 DE
Wasteland 3
Halo Reach

2020:
Psychonauts 2
Halo Infinite
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Minecraft Dungeons
Ori & Will of the Wisps (Feb 11)

DTBA:
Bleeding Edge
Wasteland 1 Remaster
Age of Empires 3 DE
Age of Empires IV
Gears Tactics
The Master Chief Collection (slow roll out starting with Reach?)

They will also continue to add and announce other games weeks before release and shadow drop some so hard to tell from 3rd parties

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I already converted 5 months into ultimate, if I buy 12 months can I convert them? Or I will have to do the 3:1 conversion rate?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

June 27:
Goat Simulator
Torment

September 10:
Gears 5

October 25:
The Outer Worlds

Fall 2019:
Age of Empires 2 DE
Wasteland 3

2020:
Psychonauts 2
Halo Infinite
Minecraft Dungeons

DTBA:
Bleeding Edge
Wasteland 1 Remaster
Age of Empires 3 DE
Age of Empires IV
Gears Tactics

They will also continue to add and announce other games weeks before release and shadow drop some so hard to tell from 3rd parties

Blair Witch had a PC & Xbox logo at E3. And coming to Game Pass on August 30th.

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
Blair Witch had a PC & Xbox logo at E3. And coming to Game Pass on August 30th.
Are we certain it's coming to both services though? I'm only listing specifically confirmed PC Game Pass. Currently the store page only lists Xbox One also so no way to tell on my end

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017

June 27:
Goat Simulator
Torment

September 10:
Gears 5

October 25:
The Outer Worlds

Fall 2019:
Age of Empires 2 DE
Wasteland 3

2020:
Psychonauts 2
Halo Infinite
Minecraft Dungeons

DTBA:
Bleeding Edge
Wasteland 1 Remaster
Age of Empires 3 DE
Age of Empires IV
Gears Tactics

Halo series starting this year. Reach is starting limited testing in a week.

Also, is it me or is the deal no longer being offered if you've already done the $1 PC Game Pass? Yesterday the button was active, now it looks like this and is unclickable:

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Are we certain it's coming to both services though? I'm only listing specifically confirmed PC Game Pass. Currently the store page only lists Xbox One also so no way to tell on my end

You are right. Can't find any evidence that it's coming to Game Pass PC. They are heavily promoting Steam, so I'm not counting on it.

Judge

Oct 25, 2017
Halo series starting this year. Reach is starting limited testing in a week.

Also, is it me or is the deal no longer being offered if you've already done the $1 PC Game Pass? Yesterday the button was active, now it looks like this and is unclickable:

Good call! Will add

You are right. Can't find any evidence that it's coming to Game Pass PC. They are heavily promoting Steam, so I'm not counting on it.
Very well could be though. I'll do some digging on more games to keep the list updated :)

Another thing I found weird was Xbox Wire only lists Battletoads as Xbox One...this doesn't seem right does it? Could have sworn they initially announced Win10 also

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just got done signing up.
Bought 3 12month cards at bestbuy on my lunch break and paid the dollar to upgrade online.

Can't wait to get home and download some games for the weekend!

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I already had xbl gold until feb 2022 so I feel like if I didn't spend the extra dollar I'd be an idiot

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
I have already activate game pass pc...one month deal...what happen if I take 36 month gold + ultimate conversion?

You'd be technically losing that 1 month because when you covert to ultimate, it will only convert up to 36 months

On the plus side, you've essentially extended your PC Game Pass membership by 35 months.