• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
...They might have went a bit overboard with fixing the game deleting itself bug.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Maybe it's for those who played befire the first beta patch? Cause I uninstalled it withiut a problem through the launcher after the first beta day...

Rigby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fallout 76 is truly the gift that keeps on giving, it's going to be a train wreck.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
And when they fix it, it will format your drive.

The Half-Life 1 Sierra Utilities route, eh?

For anyone that doesn't know about it, the original Half-Life used Sierra Utilities to install/uninstall, and when you uninstalled it would delete everything from the root directory. If you never changed the path of the install it would be fine (like Program Files>Sierra>Half-Life) however if you changed it to lets say just have the Half-Life folder in the Program Files folder, it would delete every single file in Program Files.
I had this issue happen first hand way back when.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The Half-Life 1 Sierra Utilities route, eh?

For anyone that doesn't know about it, the original Half-Life used Sierra Utilities to install/uninstall, and when you uninstalled it would delete everything from the root directory. If you never changed the path of the install it would be fine (like Program Files>Sierra>Half-Life) however if you changed it to lets say just have the Half-Life folder in the Program Files folder, it would delete every single file in Program Files.
I had this issue happen first hand way back when.

I lost my entire /Games folder because of this. 200 hours of Baldurs Gate II, gone. 2 years of my Diablo II Necromancer, gone.

Fuck you, Sierra Utilities.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is just like Pokemon Let's Go, the more news we hear about it, the more we hate it.
No, not at all. Resetera has had a hate boner on pokemon let's go since announcement because it isn't hardcore cool sick bra enough. Can't be having my hardcore title watered down filthy peasants.

We knew 76 was not going to be good when they announced the beta at E3 then didn't give a date. Then it got closer to launch and they say "hey here it is 3 weeks from release expect bugs lol because Bethesda!"