• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone should remember Creed. They're a living textbook on how music should be never played again along with Nickelback, Imagine Dragons and Cardi B.

Alter Bridge wouldn't be around if they didn't exist, though. So they're not entirely evil like those other 3 "artists" I listed.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Not a big creed fan but i saw them live in 2000 w/ Sevendust opening and didn't hate it. The pyro for what if was pretty awesome.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
One of my guilty pleasure is actually liking the band. Not cause of Stapp but cause of Mark tremonti.. dude is a beast on guitar.

Also. They actually did a reunion after breaking up and the rest of the crew moving onto Alter Bridge. I believe after blackbird miles did a side thing with slash, and creed reunited and released an album.

With that said alter bridge came out with some amazing songs.

*as a bonus.. miles Kennedys old band the Mayfield four (which has some good stuff) actually opened up for creed before creed broke up.
Im a big fan of Alter Bridge and the boys.

Myles has done a LOT. He sings with Slash, has his own solo work (which is PHENOMENAL)
Mark does AB and Tremonti and has become one of the premier guitarists in the world.
Brian and Scott do AB and Projected with John Connelly of Sevendust

Being old enough to have be of that time when Creed was a big thing, there was a reason they sold so many copies. People liked it, myself included. Sold out arena tours, etc. They put on a hell of a stage show.
Unfortunately, Stapps (at the time undiagnosed) bipolar disorder as well as falling into the rock star trappings, killed the band that made them all millionaires VERY young.

Oct 28, 2017
California
I'm not gonna lie. Back in high school I used to play the shit out of Higher, My Sacrifice, What If, and One Last Breath lmao.

Their greatest hits album was in heavy rotation when CDs were a thing lol

Tremonti was one of my favorite guitarists back in the day, and I'm legit shocked people love him given the stigma surrounding Creed.

Last edited:

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Everyone should remember Creed. They're a living textbook on how music should be never played again along with Nickelback, Imagine Dragons and Cardi B.

Alter Bridge wouldn't be around if they didn't exist, though. So they're not entirely evil like those other 3 "artists" I listed.
Ayo, we found Ben Shapiro's account.

Oct 28, 2017
Not growing up with Rock as a main or even secondary genre, I thought they were super dope. They were like a gateway drug to better forms of the music. Like how 50cent is to hip hop.

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I hear Creed I immediately think Titan AE, they are just intrinsically linked those two.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I never liked Creed but I will cop to liking Nickelback at one point. To be fair though, their first album was actually pretty decent. Leader of Men is easily their best song.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I think their first album is legit good. But I don't defend them past that. What If is ok I guess.

raangz

Oct 30, 2017
If I had a time machine that could only be used one time, I'd use it to be front row at this concert:

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I never realized how much Creed was meme'd, I just remember hear this shit on the radio and make fun of it with my friend randomly.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Creed is that band where you'll say you don't like them, and someone will respond with "Well you can't tell me that THIS *points to Higher or something* ISN'T BAD ASS"

And you'll be like yeah, actually I can very much tell you that.

But to each their own.

May 10, 2018
I know of Creed but couldn't name any of their songs off the top of my head and they're from my hometown.

I do remember that T.I saved the lead singers life one time from an apparent suicide attempt.

Oct 30, 2017
Creed is that band where you'll say you don't like them, and someone will respond with "Well you can't tell me that THIS *points to Higher or something* ISN'T BAD ASS"

And you'll be like yeah, actually I can very much tell you that.

But to each their own.
No Creed fan would ever try to convince you Creed is good using "Higher". We go for the deep tracks.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I remember purchasing 'Human Clay' from my local Sam Goody for $21.99. Fuck, CDs were expensive!

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I never liked Creed but I will cop to liking Nickelback at one point. To be fair though, their first album was actually pretty decent. Leader of Men is easily their best song.

Technically was their second IIRC but first released outside Canada. Nickelback was fine for the most part until they/Kroeger got set on a formula that devolved into appealing to the lowest common denominator.