• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I take back Mellow Mode having faster movement than Normal, just an optical illusion I guess.

getting used to the controls fooling around in Mellow Mode. and I'm not worried about the challenge to 100%, it will get tricky.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Judging the game's difficulty/depth on the first level, especially for a Yoshi game, isn't wise.

Looks absolutely charming and plays well. Will pick up the game for sure.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Woolly World is not a difficult game either, the fun is in getting all the collectibles and secret levels.
Like Kirby actually

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very much enjoyed the demo. Throwing eggs into both the foreground and background is so well integrated already in just that early level and I like the non-linearity that the pathways provide. Which is further enhanced by the option to replay the level in reverse in a pseudo time trial thingy. It also looks great too, even in handheld. The music was a little bland though.

Will be buying based off of this.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I'm on holiday at the moment so can't pkay the demo is the game good? So how the demo don't care if it's easy is it fun, thanks I have I t pre ordered I can't wait for this :)

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't figure out where to go after collecting the 3 dogs. I was expecting it to end and present me with the time.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Nooooo are you really forced to remain stationary when throwing an egg?? 🤦‍♂️

Am I missing a hidden gyro aiming option that would free up the left stick for movement?

Man, this hurts the pace for me big time if true... might actually stop my purchase

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I was excited for the game, but it feels more charming than i though. It really is very promising; Colorful, polished, bright, and full of little details.

Day1.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't figure out where to go after collecting the 3 dogs. I was expecting it to end and present me with the time.

You go to the end of the stage- which is/was the start since you're playing it in reverse.

Or is this a rhetorical question and you figured it out in the end?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very grateful they put out this demo. There was a chance I could have gotten swept up in nostalgia for the original Yoshi's Island and bought this, but the demo reminded me what a modern Yoshi game has become, and I've got no interest.

The original was a masterpiece of game making. The art style, the music, the gameplay. It was Miyamoto and company at their 2D peak.

Yoshi's Crafted World is most definitely not that. It's got an art style we've seen before, with music that is super uninspired, and gameplay that is reminiscent of a quick point and click adventure.

Last edited:

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
It's too bad the demo is so short because I loved it. The front side / flip side aspect is really neat, and works cleverly with the layered level design. Really put a smile on my face.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Man this game is ugly in handheld mode. Very blurry and when you're riding on the train, it's like I'm looking at the world through a glass bottle. Jeez.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The game is beautiful but kinda dull, I'm not interested to buy it after playing the demo. Still I feel that maybe on later stages could be a great game, but I don't feel like investing on it

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Played it and I didn't like it. Maybe a 3 year old will enjoy this but my issues are with how it controls and feels overall. Woolly world feels basically 10 times better than this.

Its a bit of my feeling. I was delighted by the Woolly World feeling, cant say this game capture similar feeling. And god, where is the auto rotating aiming. Sure its not fit when shooting in 3D, but if a first press could make the aim auto rotate, and if stick is touch it cancel to aim where you want, would be better.

Buuuut, its a demo. Will wait for reviews and see.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this plays much better than I expected. Especially coming off of Kirby.

I'm definitely in.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Liked it but honestly I don't like the sleepy music.
Not enough to keep my interest though so I'll skip like Wolly World.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
This sure is a Yoshi game.

The demo honestly did nothing to sway my opinion one way or another, but it did remind me that I really just haven't had a taste for this very slow paced style of play for a while.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Felt dull and boring tbh. My issue isn't even with the level design, which is pretty whatever so far, but the gameplay itself is so slow.

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the first level of Woolly World. The rest of that soundtrack was fantastic though, so here's hoping that's the case here as well.
Tomoya Tomita who scored Wooly World left Good-Feel to be a freelance composer, so I don't think this will be the same case as before. Everything about it's soundtrack screams disappointment to me.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely made the right decision delaying this. In the original reveal it looked absolutely awful, but now the artstyle is very presentable.

I like the improved egg aiming controls. Shooting things in the background and foreground layers is pretty fun. And I was pleasantly surprised by how much mileage I was able to get out of one level, with its three distinct 'modes'.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this demo. And as far as 'chill platformers' go, I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn. But I'm still wary after Woolly World (which wasn't nearly as good) - as well as other games that demoed well and ultimately came lacking in the final product, like Mario Tennis Aces. So I will be waiting on the reviews for this one.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played and yep... That's a Yoshi game. Can't really say much else about it.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's only 1 level, how can anyone judge a game on 1 level?
It's one level, plus everything else they've shown us on the game so far? They've given us plenty to pass judgement on so far.

Nobody's saying that the whole game is going to be crap because of this demo, but even considering that this is just the first level it's not really giving me much confidence that I'll enjoy the final product. That's kinda how demos are supposed to work?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I let my gf try the demo. What have I done, I can't get the controller back now.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Could just be not liking yoshi that much but man art style is ok but graphics are a little rough and idk just couldn't get into it at all for how simple it is. Probably a pass for me but cute game.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Just finished. I think it has amazing potential. I just didn't like the music.
You can throw eggs in any direction! Thats amazing!

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
The foreground/background egg shooting is cool. Reminds me of the final boss of Yoshi's Island. Hitting combos on flying objects is cool, too. The "flip side" level is a great concept.

My main gripe is that the game has a weird way of looking pretty damn good in one moment and then blurry and greasy the next. I'm guessing the indoor areas will always look better, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the foreground/background shots.

Overall, very chill collectathon, looking forward to it.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wooly world early world is also too easy lol. But after earlier level it become much better there. So judging Yoshi based on first level feel premature.