MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I don't post on Era too often anymore but I have to drop in and say thank you for making this thread; it's something a lot of people are still in-denial about and need to hear.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you, staff, for pinning the thread. Can't tell y'all how much it means that people have responded to this thread with not just words of support but action. The only way to prevent trans people from being persecuted, hurt, or dead in the upcoming years is by people taking a few minutes out of their day to do something. The fact that many of you have is going to save lives and help people in need, and I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart.

I've updated the OP with additional places that could use your support, based on resources shared by hachikoma, and I updated a few stale links. I don't plan on updating the OP unless something major needs it, because I kinda can't handle the stress and am stepping away from news for a little bit at the advice of my therapist, but luckily this thread isn't about me, it's about all of us being able to do something, and not everyone needs to be strong all the time. If you think about it during the day, take a look at one of the groups in the OP and think about giving them $5. Be cool to yourself, you deserve it.
Thank you for your efforts. Take care of yourself.

Nov 3, 2022
I am currently working on two eBay posts with 100% of the proceeds going towards The Trevor Project. To say that I have no social media game would be putting it lightly. When these items are ready would it be appropriate for me to share links to the listings here? Again 100% of the proceeds will go to The Trevor Project and I want to find ways to the word out.

I am planning to make this a regular thing as I continue to look for ways to help.

Nov 7, 2017
Thank you for the that thorough post! I am willing and able to be a better ally to the trans community as they are in most need of help here in the US. I just can't wrap my head around how people can be so filled with hate that they support politicians and laws that basically try to wipe the trans community out of existence.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am currently working on two eBay posts with 100% of the proceeds going towards The Trevor Project. To say that I have no social media game would be putting it lightly. When these items are ready would it be appropriate for me to share links to the listings here? Again 100% of the proceeds will go to The Trevor Project and I want to find ways to the word out.

I am planning to make this a regular thing as I continue to look for ways to help.
thank you <3

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Amherst, MA
Gonna repost my thread in here for a rally this weekend.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ce...ally-sunday-may-7-2pm-join-if-you-can.714991/

The trans/queer community here at Penn State are the greatest members of the resistance against heteronormative fascism and have consistently been the most likely to provide mutual aid and leftist resistance against the conservative and liberal norms that plague Central PA.

I will be at this rally with my bicycle doing work to manage road closures and the inevitable agitation from local authorities.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ce...ally-sunday-may-7-2pm-join-if-you-can.714991/

The trans/queer community here at Penn State are the greatest members of the resistance against heteronormative fascism and have consistently been the most likely to provide mutual aid and leftist resistance against the conservative and liberal norms that plague Central PA.

I will be at this rally with my bicycle doing work to manage road closures and the inevitable agitation from local authorities.
hell yes. love y'all so much. keep each other safe!

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017

Hell yeah, that's awesome!

Nov 3, 2022

Good day all.

Items are up, and any help getting eyes on these is appreciated. 100% of the proceeds from these auctions goes to the Trevor Project.

Keyboario Modle 100 - EDIT: Had to pull listing due to an error on my part / will updated with new links
Panic Playdate Console - EDIT: Had to pull listing due to an error on my part / will updated with new links

Much love to you all.

Mods - If post links to these auctions is inappropriate please let me know, and I will remove them.

Last edited:

MXG

Oct 29, 2018
This is one of the most important, well structured, informative writing I have found in internet. This really helped me understand some of the things I didn't critically think before, specially what "Genocide" actually means.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most important, well structured, informative writing I have found in internet. This really helped me understand some of the things I didn't critically think before, specially what "Genocide" actually means.
I'm so glad to see so many here being enlightened to what is actually happening here. If only this thread could be seen nation or worldwide.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
My hubby goes through Instagram and it sounds like it's completely full anti-trans stuff. I'm constantly just hearing Piers Morgan in the background spew bile while shouting over people.

Between that and meme videos making "gottem!" noises every time someone makes a comment to deny someone else's existence, it's quite depressing knowing all that is out there.

Mr.DickTracy

Apr 27, 2023
Germany
Dear Community.
I hope it's okay if I post my question here:
Can someone please tell me, how exactly this works with Editor Feature: Drafts with Save Draft and Delte Draft?

I saved my post yesterday under Save Draft, but how can I load it now?
I can't find the "Load Draft" button.

Would be nice for an answer & advice.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Dear Community.
I hope it's okay if I post my question here:
Can someone please tell me, how exactly this works with Editor Feature: Drafts with Save Draft and Delte Draft?

I saved my post yesterday under Save Draft, but how can I load it now?
I can't find the "Load Draft" button.

Would be nice for an answer & advice.
Save draft should save the post content in the editor of the thread where you wrote it in the first place. So for instance I could write this, save it (making sure the green orb appears) and then come back to *this thread* later (or from my laptop) and it should be there. That's how it's meant to work. Worth noting too that most often it auto-saves as well, so clicking save draft is mainly for peace of mind if you're intentionally leaving it for later.

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Amherst, MA

Update!

Event went well, we fought off a few agitators with chants and targeted personal intimidation. The teach-in, speeches, BBQ and bake sale helped to galvanize folks. Happy that everyone is safe, lots of angry vehicle drivers during our rally.

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Amazing thread, good job OP!

I work as a press secretary for a judicial court in Brazil, and we're doing a story on trans rights in different countries. This thread is helping a lot in terms of organized and quality information in a subject that I'm not very familiar with.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate this thread. We donated to several of the orgs in the OP and will continue to do so.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Amazing thread, good job OP!

I work as a press secretary for a judicial court in Brazil, and we're doing a story on trans rights in different countries. This thread is helping a lot in terms of organized and quality information in a subject that I'm not very familiar with.
feel free to dm me if it would be helpful to talk to someone at a natl queer org in the US! i also occasionally get to check in with folks from stonewall in the UK and could do an e-intro if you need. it's really great y'all are doing this now; these are terrifying times so any and all attention is deeply appreciated.

Nov 3, 2022

Hi All,

I have put the following items up on eBay and I would appreciate some help getting the word out. 100% of the proceeds will go The Trevor Project.

Keyboardio Model 100 https://www.ebay.com/itm/354797578510 Item sold after receiving an offer.
GBA SP Unhinged https://www.ebay.com/itm/354797609427 Delisted by eBay for unknown reason / no explanation
Modded Game Boy Advance https://www.ebay.com/itm/354797674706 Delisted by eBay for unknown reason / no explanation

Much love.

Mods - if this is inappropriate to post please let me know and I will be happy to remove it.

Last edited:

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What can we out-of-country cis guys actually do to help?
I'm lucky if my bank balance is 0,00€ at the middle of the month, and I give everything I can to charities.

But I don't feel like we're making any strides forward.
It may sound defeatist, but I don't think I can actually influence American politics from here in Germany.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm lucky if my bank balance is 0,00€ at the middle of the month, and I give everything I can to charities.

It may sound defeatist, but I don't think I can actually influence American politics from here in Germany.

Thank you. Just do what you can to make sure transphobia doesn't get a foothold in your country too.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017

Thank you. Just do what you can to make sure transphobia doesn't get a foothold in your country too.
Yes, just think of the AfD or how a delegation of CSU politicians even visited DeSantis a few weeks ago.

There's a German news portal that often reports on such matters: https://www.queer.de/

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021

Protect your home turf and continue to donate where you can. Thank you for your contributions.

blownspeakers

May 7, 2019
Thank you for this thread.
I was wondering if there was some kind of Trans Era OT or something like that. Feels like there are too many threads about awful news but couldn't find anything to talk about more positive or personal stuff.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Hello, all. I'd like to post a link to an archived version of Trans Lifeline's list of international non-governmental organizations that help with LGBTQ+ issues, but the old list seems to be down from the regular site for some reason. I have sent an email to Trans Lifeline to inquire about this and will get back to you all as soon as possible. So as to not post nothing, here is a link to Equality Florida's donations page.

May you all have a peaceful Pride Month.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
The journalist Erin Reed was on Sam Seder's Majority Report yesterday and talked about how important it was for those of us in red states to support local orgs. I live in Texas and made a contribution this morning to Equality Texas: https://www.equalitytexas.org/.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen anything here about the van on puberty blockers but NHS in the UK. This will likely embolden other groups to push harder on this in other countries.

Cat_Ballou

Oct 25, 2017
I was on the trans era discord for a while and it seemed most members there had left era because of transphobia from other era members and because of a relentless lack of interest in - or attention to - trans- related news by the majority of forum members.

So it's not surprising if no-one is bringing news of trans rights being dismantled to the forum anymore. The disinterest is devastating.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I was on the trans era discord for a while and it seemed most members there had left era because of transphobia from other era members and because of a relentless lack of interest in - or attention to - trans- related news by the majority of forum members.

So it's not surprising if no-one is bringing news of trans rights being dismantled to the forum anymore. The disinterest is devastating.
Don't worry they'll care once the NHS will be dismantled completely.

Then they'll ask: "Why did nobody warn us, there were no signs!"

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I think it's safe to say here because it's a pinned thread about trans genocide, which is as "ignorable" as it gets on Era and will probably go under the radar.

Era has been very open about how little the majority (including people higher up in the community) actually care about trans people. It's lip service. at least until actual threads about someone's favorite author becomes an open fascist just to kill trans people, or about bills being pushed through almost unanimously to erase them from existence, where there's either no talk about it apart from the actual trans members of Era, or fucking pushback like that Spiderverse Gwen thing, or the Cyberpunk/H*gwarts debacles, or even the post that sparked this very thread! It's not subtle, and it's tiring.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
Japan's lower house passes contentious LGBT understanding bill
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20230613/p2g/00m/0na/037000c

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Japan's more powerful lower house passed a contentious bill on Tuesday to promote understanding of sexual minorities, paving the way for enacting the legislation by the end of the current parliamentary session through next week.

Following the approval of the lower house of parliament with the backing of the ruling bloc and some opposition parties, the LGBT bill is expected to clear the House of Councillors, or upper house, as early as Friday, lawmakers said.

Pressure had been mounting both at home and abroad for Japan to put the legislation into effect to foster a better understanding of sexual minorities ahead of the G-7 summit that wrapped up on May 21 in Kishida's constituency of Hiroshima.

As Japan lacks laws prohibiting discrimination against LGBT individuals and legalizing same-sex marriage or civil unions, the bill describes public understanding of the diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity as "not necessarily sufficient."

One of the most controversial aspects of the bill is a clause stipulating, "All citizens can live with peace of mind," which has been lambasted by critics for prioritizing safeguarding the rights of the majority in society rather than sexual minorities.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
What does this mean?

From JP article
https://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/24417411/

It was probably in reference to this sentence 修正案では性的指向やジェンダーアイデンティティの多様性に関し「国民の理解が必ずしも十分でない」との現状認識を明記。政府に対し、運用に必要な指針策定を求めた。

Which is an ammendment stating that the public knowledge and understanding of issues like gender identity is insufficient, and that they need the government to do more to educate the public about those issues.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Mhhh. I definitely don't write or open threads on these issues (but that goes for many serious issues in regards to this forum), I recognize that might not be sufficient in the current situation trans people find themselves in, but one of the main reasons I never really entertained cutting down on ERA time are the threads on trans issues. It informs me like few places on bigger, but also and especially personal stories, and helps me make more informed comments IRL/share stories on Instagram or some excellent overview-OTs (like the one on Rowling etc.). All I wanted to say, that I really appreciate what is posted, that I do read those posts and try to share them with IRL contacts.

But yeah, what good is that when the trans community and its members still feel left alone and ignored...