• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One unfortunate downside of this is it's going to have a new design for Tanimura in 4, due to cocaine allegations against the original actor.

mafoo76xbs8k3znvpxkq.jpg

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
$60 USD for three games is great value imo, and it's a great way for fans to show financial support to Sega to continue on with this series (no use getting lax after the recent support, don't want numbers to dwindle and then have Sega pull support out from under the rug).

Plus it means future games may have dual audio as well. Loved that about Judgment :-)

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
4 is the one that got me into the series (thanks PS Plus) and I've been playing catch-up since. 3 wasn't available digitally on PS3, so it's been really tough to find. I'm really excited about this.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
I discovered the series with Yakuza 0, and I was hoping to be able to play the rest of the games in chronological in-universe order, so this is awesome news.

Really hope this gets the FIGS treatment, or, more probably, a new English translation by the post-Yaluza 0 localization team, they are excelent.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, if it's all three I kinda doubt it'd be day 1 on PC, but I hope so.

Still, a collection isn't the best idea in my opinion, people are already fatigued by playing all these Yakuza games in quick succession and now they're kinda forcing a high price tag on top of it on this collection. Three cheap releases throughout the year might have looked more appealing. Oh well, I don't care personally, I'll still replay them.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Damn. You do one line and your career is over in Japan? RIP.

Even retroactively. Unfortunate
the allegations against Tanimura's actor/likeness were false, even. but the whole thing disillusioned him from show business and he retired, so it's a bit different than what happened with Judgment

Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
Having already played 4 and 5 when they were on PS+ I was personally hoping for individiaul releases, oh well. Awesome for the people that want this though, if they do a physical version I'll probably still buy it

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
yakuza 4 made me want to take a nap, my personal ranking is probably 5 > 3 > 4. They're all good tho.

Also the people who won't buy it for $60, you guys are aware Sega basically discounts RGG games by up to 50% within like a month right

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the final act of the first Yakuza (which this remind me I need to finish before my plus sub expire) and I need to start Yakuza Zero.

But yeah bring them all of them :)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Shadowdrop or annoucnement!?

I love the series and played 1 & 2 on PS2.
Spend so many hours with Zero that I can't continue until I finish it one day, but I have Kiwami here as well as 6, ready to go. I swear by god, if this gets Shadow dropped I buy the missing Kiwami 2 as well as Judgment and this collection (retail please) and drop everything I play right now and will focus on this completely.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
I feel like it will be crazy going from the Dragon Engine and the Kiwami part to the more old fashioned Yakuza and fighting. Neverthelss, I am down for more crazy Yakuza stories, still have to finish Kiwami 2 though.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
It's really weird branding to call it the remastered collection and only have 3 4 and 5. I'm very happy they're coming over, but players new to the series might initially want to pick this up thinking it's the right collection to get.