• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is awesome, ill pick the full collection phisically when its available for 60$ (The equivalent of 3 Apex skins :D)

I already own the games, but this way i keep my full Yakuza collection on only 1 console, and im actually in mood to replay them all again.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Yakuza 3 site has updated with buttons to Amazon, GameStop, etc., but the buttons don't have any links in them.
Well that's good. I thought it was going to be sold directly through that Yakuza site which seems like it would have been a clusterfuck. Now we just need some stores to put up the pages!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much, it's extra needless cost for disc printing...the case is a novelty gift for long time (and long-suffering) Western fans.
Exactly. I think its just a really cool nod. I followed LRG back in the day before I gave up on racing for second one Vita orders, and you'd be bound to a minimum limited order number for PS3 discs which just seems like an added expense I don't see Sega needing to splash out for. I mean, how many people are going to play the PS3 version over the PS4 version? Unless they really want to read Manga in Japanese I can't think of a single reason.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
$60 is a steal for the games. Depending on how much you plan on playing each, its basically anywhere between 20-100+ hours per game.

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
I swore never to spend 60€ for a digital release I am beyond conflicted rn goddamn just make them separate releases

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Because it's for long-time fans to complete their collections

while i am stupid exited or this, it should be noted that i long ago imported 5 and even printed that master system style cover for it
don't judge me

$20 each for a PS3 era remaster is pretty standard, plus these all have tons of extra content; these three games alone could take up most of a year for an average person.

for real - if you've not played them, that's literally hundreds of hours. for a remake? this is a steal
plus 4 is still one of the best ones

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I've still gotta finish Kiwami 2. These aren't the remakes with the new engine though are they? Just a remaster?

Edit, just watched the trailer. Just straight remasters. I'm definitely glad to see them though.

LRB1983

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
vjiQERx.jpg

nice ^^

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit I didn't think they'd go that far.

$60 is not too much considering Yakuza 5 by itself is probably bigger than 3 and 4 put together.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. I think its just a really cool nod. I followed LRG back in the day before I gave up on racing for second one Vita orders, and you'd be bound to a minimum limited order number for PS3 discs which just seems like an added expense I don't see Sega needing to splash out for. I mean, how many people are going to play the PS3 version over the PS4 version? Unless they really want to read Manga in Japanese I can't think of a single reason.

I've had the Japanese version of 5 sitting in its place on my Yakuza PS3 shelf, bought it (and Valkyria Chronicles 3) like 2 months before the localization was announced at PSX that year.

Well shit I didn't think they'd go that far.

$60 is not too much considering Yakuza 5 by itself is probably bigger than 3 and 4 put together.

I need to find that tweet but once Sam Mullen explained just how much text they needed to translate in Yakuza games...5 won by a clear country mile.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I started this series at 3 and have been told by the Yakuza era community that it's basically the worst game in the series

The beginning is the slowest, and the cut content pissed a lot of people back then. It's still an incredible game, and super important in giving context to Kiryu struggles in the latter games. He does everything for that orphanage and those kids.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

Scott is the employee who pioneered a lot of Yakuza's localisations and releases right? This is massive that Sega did this without him then, because they see the value in the series. What a comeback!

Edit: Oop, nevermind I just read his story under the tweet. Bless Jon!

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Lol why are they offering an Yakuza 5 case for PS3 if the game was only available digital? Is just for collection reasons?

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PC version and Ishin too plz, I mean they have to right? Sega recently said Yakuza did well on PC. *Prays to the Ori*

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
3 games for 60$. Seems reasonable when ppl here say 20$ is ok to ask for a single skin. These are 40 to 60 hour games each. And Yakuza 5 is massive.
$20 each for a PS3 era remaster is pretty standard, plus these all have tons of extra content; these three games alone could take up most of a year for an average person.
$20 a game and they're not just straight ports and each game is massive. Extremely reasonable.

Oh it's 20 each! That's a steal.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Thats a glorious selection of games. Did they already fixed the bugs with the Shenmue games. I need to get ready for Shenmue 3 and im not in mood to hook my dreamcast.
Most bugs. A couple of smaller audio issues remain but my replays I did late last year were practically perfect (and while I do wish all audio was perfect, the vastly improved image quality and load times kinda made up for that).

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Rad.

I'll be waiting for the physical version. Coming off of Judgement, its too soon for me to return to Kamurocho, especially considering how absurdly packed this month is.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I started this series at 3 and have been told by the Yakuza era community that it's basically the worst game in the series
Im one of those that say Y3 was the worst, but my reason is because i got super salty by the amount of cutted content for the western version. Game is actually good, and i loved Okinawa. But as someone that loves to spend time with side content, really sucked to know the game got a good amount of side stuff cutted.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I will buy these but boy I really need to smash out Kiwami 2 so I can finally start 6, (#3 was my first Yakuza game) I don't know if I could go through 3-5 again, 3 was pretty bleh. Still, I need them to have the complete collection on one console.