Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza-Like-a-Dragon-Fami_12-25-19_005.jpg

Sujimon Collection

After meeting the Sujimon Professor, Kasuga decides to collect the dangerous beings (Sujimon). First, he challenges Green, Red, and Blue. The Sujimon Encyclopedia is a convenient tool for checking information such as weaknesses and dropped items. Complete your collection of all 252 Sujimon and aim to become a Sujimon Master.

More info and screenshots here: https://gematsu.com/2019/12/yakuza-like-a-dragon-has-sujimon-collection-element

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
LMAO, they just keep going.

Also, loving the vibe in the screenshot with Majima and Saejima.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Best Yakuza ever? I guess that since they're dropping all the old protagonists, they probably feel pressured into doing something really great.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
First a Mario Kart clone with fucking miniguns, then crazy summons and now this... I love it already.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope we have no-humans Sujimons as well. Yakuza 7 is crazy packed. That's for sure

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yakuza continues being one of the best and most content-filled series of all time. Yakuza Team is always amazing.

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hope we have no-humans Sujimons as well. Yakuza 7 is crazy packed. That's for sure
I can't tell if the screenshot is the sujimon or the people you battle
As far as I understand "Sujimon" is simply their term for a bestiary, in the demo you got the "Sujimon" for every enemy you defeated and now with this further information we know that this fills in a collection with that enemy's weaknesses and Item Drops.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is gonna be my first Yakuza game and yeah...this appeals to me.

Any word on localization?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If someone told me a year or so ago mainline Yakuza games were going to turn into Dragon Quest/ Pokémon I would have slapped that person in the face.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a real bummer when they don't have the National Sugidex in the next game. Seriously, this is incredible.

Oct 27, 2017
So they have a gotta catch em all Pokemon mini game?

Would be cool if they had one where you find classic Sega characters like old Sonic or Axel and Blaze or Ristar and more. Have. Pokemon Go clone where you use first person to pick them up (like the Keys).

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is gonna be my first Yakuza game and yeah...this appeals to me.

Any word on localization?

Not that you would need to since by most measures this seems to be fairly standalone, but if you have any interest at all, I highly recommend Yakuza Zero at least. It's fairly cheap, on all major non-switch platforms soon (it's coming.to Xbox gamepass in 2020).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Also worth mentioning that the fighting arena is back, and in Sotenbori. So yeah, there's that to do as well. Sounds like long fights are replaced with dungeons now (which when you consider its an RPG now, totally makes sense). Also shown off is Kamurocho Karting segments (so that's not exclusive to Ijincho either).

So yeah, the amount of content in this game just keeps increasing, and most of the big stuff is all new as well, which is nice, while also having the same loved mini games of past titles integrated more fully into the main gameplay loop to help level up your characters.

Most wanted game of 2020 no doubt, and best of all its out in under a month (in Japan) so I don't even have long to wait to immerse myself into the game, for months and months going by everything I see here, I can't imagine it not taking me at least 120 hours to 100% it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This is peak Yakuza, holy shit.

Yakuza 7 is shaping up to be like the best game ever, I NEEEEED AN ENGLISH RELEASE DATE