• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
Watching end game credits atm, what a game
Dmwn7B0W4AczcZi

Last edited:

Suavesteve

Oct 28, 2017
How do you activate your rage move? Kamiki taught it to me before I went to Majima's construction site. But when my blue bar is full I don't have the R2 icon.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I took a few days off after beating the main story before playing the Majima Saga. It was short and sweet, exactly what I wanted out of it. My one complaint is

Majima's only karaoke song was sad!! I want something like 24 Hour Cinderella or Let's Get to the Top as well!

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
What all do you get out of Cabaret Club and Construction anyway? I could never get a handle on the Cabaret Club in Y0 because I never figured out what the hand signals mean, and I'm not much into it in Kiwami 2 either.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So when you get the 10-10-1 Charm is it best to put all your money into points and then use it when you roll dealer?

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finally finished it, really enjoyed the ending again and thought the last boss fight remix was pretty good. Can't say that for the rest of the soundtrack unfortunately. Probably the most disappointing soundtrack in the series to date and that's after playing like 9 games.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished it, really enjoyed the ending again and thought the last boss fight remix was pretty good. Can't say that for the rest of the soundtrack unfortunately. Probably the most disappointing soundtrack in the series to date and that's after playing like 9 games.

I was incredibly impressed by the soundtrack in 0, hell I still go back and listen to it. But even without comparing to the originals I wasn't too big on the Kiwami games' soundtracks. I didn't actively think of it as bad or anything, and some of it was still really good, but nothing had a hugely lasting impression like Kuze's theme. Or the weirdly F-Zero GX-sounding parts of the soundtrack...which made me look up the composer and smack my forehead saying 'oh, of course'.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Getting further along in Y2 now that I'm up to C10! 4 more hostesses ta go on that end. One more restaurant ta fill out which I still dun have access to. I wanna complete the Heat move list but a few of them are just ridiculous. Grabbing dudes from behind or by their legs on the grounds hard enough but ta also have 100% health & heat to? Thats gonna be a chore.

edit! not sure if I oughta be worried about my disc, ps3, or both. its only happened twice in this playthrough but cutscenes freezing for several seconds until they get going again is concerning!

Last edited:

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
My hype for Kiwami 2 would rise and fall over the last several months. I suspect a byproduct of it being the third game I'm getting in a series I was introduced to a year and a half ago.

That said, I was ready when the game started. And man, this engine. I'm pumped again. Finished Chapter 1 this evening.

My only question so far is why was talking up Dojima so much to Daigo. I get he wants him to come back, but you don't have to spin it that much. Or does he really feel that way?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
My hype for Kiwami 2 would rise and fall over the last several months. I suspect a byproduct of it being the third game I'm getting in a series I was introduced to a year and a half ago.

That said, I was ready when the game started. And man, this engine. I'm pumped again. Finished Chapter 1 this evening.

My only question so far is why was talking up Dojima so much to Daigo. I get he wants him to come back, but you don't have to spin it that much. Or does he really feel that way?
My hype was tempered a bit when I realized it'd be a retelling of a story I already experienced last year, when I couldn't wait and decided to just play the original Yakuza 2. Still a really solid experience, but man, I wish it'd have been a brand new story I was seeing unfold. The Majima Saga quenched a little of that thirst, at least.

As for Dojima, I highly doubt that's how he actually feels at all. He even paints Shimano in a positive light in one line.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
My hype was tempered a bit when I realized it'd be a retelling of a story I already experienced last year, when I couldn't wait and decided to just play the original Yakuza 2. Still a really solid experience, but man, I wish it'd have been a brand new story I was seeing unfold. The Majima Saga quenched a little of that thirst, at least.

As for Dojima, I highly doubt that's how he actually feels at all. He even paints Shimano in a positive light in one line.

Could it even be a small - I don't want to call it an inconsistency - side effect from the original game not having the details set for the events we see in 0?

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Could it even be a small - I don't want to call it an inconsistency - side effect from the original game not having the details set for the events we see in 0?
I don't think so, I think Kiryu was just being gracious and generous toward the legacies of Dojima and Shimano, omitting the bad in an effort to thrust Daigo into action, as you initially said.

0 isn't needed to see how Dojima and Shimano are colossal assholes, we already know that from
Dojima sexually assaulting Yumi at the start of 1, and
ruthlessly directing Kazama and Shimano to eradicate the Jingweon Mafia in 2's flashbacks. Shimano seems to revel in his ruthlessness as well, enjoying the massacre with his shirt off while Kazama is still conflicted and trying to spare lives.
The two men were established pricks since long before 0 came around.

Last edited:

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Uhhh I'm kinda lost here, where is the tattoo parlor where I can get that skill upgrade, I totally forgot where he is

Edit:oops, it's acupuncture, not tattoo. Found him

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's weird, the bouncer missions are conceptually really cool. I like the idea of fighting through a preset section of the city like you do at the end of some of the games or like chapter 6 in Yakuza 0 before the sewers.
I could see myself coming up with this if someone asked what feature I'd like to see added in the next Yakuza title. It's like the Ishin battle dungeons but with cool rearrangements of Kamurocho and Osaka.

But unlike Ishin, there's no heavy rpg element or weapon upgrading to incentivize the repeated runs. Also, I left it to the end and the XP does nothing for me. And there are so many darn bouncer missions.

rugioh

Dec 29, 2017
I was going to make a good shot at going towards all substories post-game, but with Judge Eyes and Shin Yakuza down the pipeline, and I haven't finished Y3-Y6 I'm gonna have to calm down before I get fatigued of Kamurocho lol.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
I was going to make a good shot at going towards all substories post-game, but with Judge Eyes and Shin Yakuza down the pipeline, and I haven't finished Y3-Y6 I'm gonna have to calm down before I get fatigued of Kamurocho lol.
May you be stronger than me! Cause I was fatigued of it by Y3 like 7 years ago and still am today e.e; If only Kamurocho had legit become a sea of fire they woulda been forced ta upon an move the series to an equally sized if not bigger town -.-

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just got to Majima's intro and of course his condition for Kiryu was perfect!

I know the Clan battles weren't in the original, but was it always the same Majima Construction story?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Update ver. 1.02 available. It adds Pajamas outfit, Jiro Kawara character for Majima constr. and President award x 300 for Majima constr.

Now Kiryu is complete badass!

Dm30pP9WwAILgCf.jpg:large

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Any characters I should focus on leveling up for the clan creator mini-game? Been playing other games but should get back to this.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I had over 350+ Strenght and crazy weapons by the last boss... My god, I blinked and they final bosses were gone lol so much for being two dragons XD

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to do Granny request part 3 in chapter 14? Every guide is talking about chapter 13 when Haruka is with you so did I miss it?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Every guide is talking about chapter 13 when Haruka is with you so did I miss it?
No, you can do literally all the side activities before the end of the game.

You'll be able to ask Haruka to come with you at that point.

Alternatively, you could just end the main story and do the same thing AFTER, in Premium Adventure mode.

Last edited:

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
Any characters I should focus on leveling up for the clan creator mini-game? Been playing other games but should get back to this.

My team were Majima, Yuya and 3 old NJPW guys up until the last mission where I had to swap one for the SR bridge guy with the repair skill because some of the waves were bullshit. Luckily I had some points saved to level him up quick so I didn't have to grind much.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
No, you can do literally all the side activities before the end of the game.

You'll be able to ask Haruka to come with you at that point.

Alternatively, you could just end the main story and do the same thing AFTER, in Premium Adventure mode.
Do you know where I can find Haruka in chapter 14? I tried looking for her but I don't seem to able to find her and there's no icon on the map.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Do you know where I can find Haruka in chapter 14? I tried looking for her but I don't seem to able to find her and there's no icon on the map.
Not sure if you can. Like I said, just hold off till the final chapter where you're free to do anything before ending the game.

You're not far from that particular situation, just follow the main story a bit.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if you can. Like I said, just hold off till the final chapter where you're free to do anything before ending the game.

You're not far from that particular situation, just follow the main story a bit.
If that's the only way then I guess I'll just leave it until then. Thanks for the help.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
This game rules. I'm only on chapter 5, but it's my fav since 0 I think, though I've enjoyed all the PS4 entries. Long live Yakuza!

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
just curious the weapon vendors seem to be limited in what they are carrying

coulpe meele weapons and no armor

is there any missions to increasthe inventory variety?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
just curious the weapon vendors seem to be limited in what they are carrying

coulpe meele weapons and no armor

is there any missions to increasthe inventory variety?

You can sell weapons and gear that you do not need to Kamiyama. After certain amount he adds new stuff for selling in his inventory, even some weapons with infinite uses. Kamiyama is available after you help him in one of the substories.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Few questions about this game.

-Is Virtual On playable with MP or is it just SP?

-What version is it based on (Arcade, PS2?) and is it rendered at a lower resolution or upscaled to the base game's resolution with/without AA?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
All done, finally. I mean, not 100%, but I did every substory I could find and as much of the arena/clan creator as I could stand. I liked the story a lot more than Kiwami 1 but overall neither 1 or 2 was close to 0 for me. Not that I didn't enjoy them a lot, it's just I absolutely loved every aspect of 0 from the story to the soundtrack and the consistently great substories.

Gameplay in this one was fine but I think I just miss styles and 60fps a lot, maybe 0 and Kiwami 1 would seem worse if I went back to them now after being used to the new engine. I cleared most group fights by abusing extreme heat mode throws, and once I got the triple charge into QTE combo heat attack I was able to absolutely ruin every boss with no effort even on hard mode. So it was way easier than Kiwami 1 which was occasionally frustrating until unlocking the Tiger Drop. I know intense challenge isn't what these games are about but the last few bosses felt anticlimactic even with me trying not to use my strongest stuff.

The Cabaret minigame is as fun as ever and the story has some great little moments to it. Kiryu just isn't anywhere near as cool as Manager Majima though.

As for where I go from here - I think I want to play 3-5 before 6, so I will wait on the PS4 remasters. I remember there being a shitstorm about cut content for some of the games, or maybe just 3 - hopefully they put that back in. On the one hand I like this series a great deal and want to give it the time it deserves but on the other hand I'm worried I'll never like another game in the series anywhere near as much as 0. 2 was talked-up a lot so maybe I was expecting a little more.

TriggerRedd

Localization Producer for Yakuza
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Irvine, California
I don't think so, I think Kiryu was just being gracious and generous toward the legacies of Dojima and Shimano, omitting the bad in an effort to thrust Daigo into action, as you initially said.

0 isn't needed to see how Dojima and Shimano are colossal assholes, we already know that from
Dojima sexually assaulting Yumi at the start of 1, and
ruthlessly directing Kazama and Shimano to eradicate the Jingweon Mafia in 2's flashbacks. Shimano seems to revel in his ruthlessness as well, enjoying the massacre with his shirt off while Kazama is still conflicted and trying to spare lives.
The two men were established pricks since long before 0 came around.

Kiryu, who always has an open bottle of respect juice at his side, can acknowledge that at least as far as the Tojo Clan's legacy is concerned, it wouldn't be what it is in 2006 without Shimano and Dojima. His appeal to Daigo in this scene is one of instilling pride in the clan, and the clan was nothing without those two, assholes or not. You might even go so far as to say he respected their ambition, though never the methods. Remember, even after the events of Y0, Kiryu still just shrugs and goes back to working for Dojima (albeit, more for Kazama), and probably would have been content to do that for the rest of his life had the events of 1995 not occurred.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
The voice acting side story...

My fucking sides

Sounds awesome, any tips for where/when that is? Just so I don't miss it. I googled Yakuza Kiwami 2 voice acting story and mostly just got results about the real life voice actors of the games.

On the one hand I like this series a great deal and want to give it the time it deserves but on the other hand I'm worried I'll never like another game in the series anywhere near as much as 0. 2 was talked-up a lot so maybe I was expecting a little more.

Shin (or Yakuza "7" or New Yakuza, whichever they'll call it here) seems like it'll be ambitious, so I'd look to that to be an intriguing new game in the series. Are you pumped for the Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise game out in a few weeks by this team by the way? To me that looks like it could be an incredible game, and it's on the Yakuza 0 engine, so you get more fighting that may feel a bit more like that than like 6/Kiwami 2.