daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I buy these the instant they appear on Steam. Sega always put them up for very reasonable prices. Had a blast with zero but haven't got around to Kiwami 1 yet.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
hi everyone

just coming into this thread to say YEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
BRING IT ON SEGA XOXOXO

goodbye

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Hopefully this means 6 is on the way soon
Probably right after Kiwami 2, imho. It's just a question of porting the engine first, with the tools another port should follow soon. And considering all future Yakuza games should be on Dragon Engine too maybe Sega will release them at the same time with PS4, even if I doubt, probably there will be the usual year delay so the console version can sell well.
Judgment is on Dragon Engine too, and I expect that to release on PC too.

Jul 17, 2018
I just realised that that Yakuza 6 rating for PC last year might not've been a typo at all and Y6 is coming out next with Sega preparing for Kiwami 2 after that.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2HRR.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be an EPIC GAME to buy on a STORE somewhere...
While I seriously hope that won't happen, makes me wonder if Sega would consider it - getting a big up front sum vs a steady stream of Steam sales...

Oh, and as people are getting hyped about Yakuza in here, watch their dev teams April Fools joke while we wait for official confirmation:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Goody. The more ports the better.

Sega's pricing has been reasonable as well, so I've been picking them up, although I haven't had a chance to play either yet

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
At the end of the year would be nice. Would give me time to get over Yakuza fatigue after slogging my way to the end of Kiwami.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
While I seriously hope that won't happen, makes me wonder if Sega would consider it - getting a big up front sum vs a steady stream of Steam sales...

Oh, and as people are getting hyped about Yakuza in here, watch their dev teams April Fools joke while we wait for official confirmation:

Lol, now i want a Yakuza spinoff turn based jrpg :P

Aprils fools is only worth to watch big companies creative jokes.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, now i want a Yakuza spinoff turn based jrpg :P

Aprils fools is only worth to watch big companies creative jokes.
Well, couple of people pointed out how this could actually be reused to some extent as a mini game in the new game. The team do love to reuse assets after all, and it'd be a great extension to the Clan Creator in K2 and 6!

2022 = Yakuza 7 with Daytona 2/Border Break or Sega Rally 95/Soul Reverse
I really want Daytona 2 and SegaRally to be included in a Yakuza game... Judge Eyes had a great arcade, I hold out hopes that we get a few more unported games in the next Yakuza as well.

Apr 21, 2018
Well, couple of people pointed out how this could actually be reused to some extent as a mini game in the new game. The team do love to reuse assets after all, and it'd be a great extension to the Clan Creator in K2 and 6!

I really want Daytona 2 and SegaRally to be included in a Yakuza game... Judge Eyes had a great arcade, I hold out hopes that we get a few more unported games in the next Yakuza as well.
I have mixed feelings about annual Yakuza.
My brain tells me it's better having a Huge Yakuza every 3 years, but my fanboy heart wants new arcade ports every year. Come on, we can have 10 arcade games with 3 yakuza games.
What a dilemma :)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, annual Yakuza games is a tough one as I always love them all but ideally they could easily space them out more for more content and general improvements here and there, but over the last year I got to enjoy FOTNS (as in the Sega MKIII game), Motor Raid and Fighting Vipers while also revisiting VF5...

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yeah! Finished Kiwami 1 last week so by the time this releases I should be ready for more after a break.

6 is surely an inevitability now too.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad that PC players are getting to experience these great games.

But, I'm getting increasingly anxious that between all these announcements we still have no news of the 3-5 Remasters coming Westward :/

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I've often read that Y0, Kiwami 1, 2 have the best plot in the series and that the quality of the story varies greatly from game to game afterwards. Can anyone confirm how well the rest of the series stacks up against these three games?

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
yesss! so happy about this. also i'm glad it's coming before yakuza 6. still need to get kiwami 1!

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad that PC players are getting to experience these great games.

But, I'm getting increasingly anxious that between all these announcements we still have no news of the 3-5 Remasters coming Westward :/
The only reason those remasters exist is for the "new overseas fans", according to Nagoshi. It'll happen eventually.

I've often read that Y0, Kiwami 1, 2 have the best plot in the series and that the quality of the story varies greatly from game to game afterwards. Can anyone confirm how well the rest of the series stacks up against these three games?
Can't speak for 2 since I haven't played it, but Kiwami 1? Hell no. Nothing remarkable about its plot, it's alright.
I'd say that 0 is one of the best, but 3 and 4 are excellent and if you don't like Okinawa you're a bad person.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Uh, I mostly think the stories got better as the series went on which is why 0 is so great. Though there are exceptions, I think Yakuza 2, 3 and 6 are standouts. If I had to rank the entries by story it would be
Y0 > Y6 = Y2 > Y3 > Y4 > Y5 > Y1

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think Kiwami has the least enjoyable story in the series. I love the story of 3/4/5, but I think 0/2/6 are the standouts for me.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I own K2 and 6 on PS4, but I've been putting them off because of how much better a potential PC version would be
Dragon Engine at 60+fps and AA? Please, SEGA, give this to me, and soon please

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
The worst Yakuza plot it still lightyears ahead of the average videogame plot. Nothing to worry about.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Might as well double dip, especially if someone can patch in the original Crazy Ken Band music...the only problem is I might have to get a new graphics card (don't know about a new PC) to play this at good settings. Dragon Engine on PC, god, I look forward to the mods when this and 6 are available.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well that confirms it. Hurry the fuck up and release the game already Sega. I need to build a new PC to run this bad boy :)