AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

D2-RklHUgAAM_B5

I mean we all knew it was coming but it's nice to see it becoming closer to a reality!

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeeess!

Yakuza 2 was the greatest Yakuza game, and it's been so painful not picking the remake up on PS4 but I waited in hopes of it coming to PC, and it is!

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Expected it to come before Yakuza 6, just makes way more sense this way.

The HD collection will be next then once it's been announced and released in the west.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if we're getting any form of Yakuza 3-6 on PC yet, whether as Kiwami projects or ports?

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Awesome. Double dipping for this one for sure. New engine will look amazing with (hopefully) no jaggies on pc.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
PLEASE BRING OVER 6 TOO

Granted Kiwami 2 makes more sense as PC players have access to 0 and Kiwami now but my god, is 6 in need of some actual touch ups to get rid of the awful screen tearing, terrible jaggies everywhere, garbage 30fps and just really ugly textures all round.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Lab42 doing it? They've still been doing patches for the previous Yakuza games on PC.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this is just Yakuza 2 right? So play 0 first then Kiwami and then this? And are the rest coming or should one just skip to 6?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So this is just Yakuza 2 right? So play 0 first then Kiwami and then this? And are the rest coming or should one just skip to 6?
Yes, it's a ground-up remake using Yakuza 6's Dragon Engine. Do not skip to 6, you absolutely want the story of 3, 4 and 5. 3, 4 and 5 are going to be simple ports of the PS3 versions tho, so they'll have systems and graphics worse than 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 but you should still absolutely play through them.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
To the first part, yes this is just a remake of Yakuza 2, and should be played after 0 and Kiwami in that order. As to when the others are coming we still don't know.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it still be locked to 30 and look awful like the PS4 version...

Ah just like Binary Domain was stuck at sub 30FPS like the console release, or Kiwami and 0... oh wait ;) Only thing I'd be worried about is certain mini games locked at 30 for physics reasons (UFO catcher again). Other than that I'd expect it to be fine. 60FPS Dragon Engine would be my main draw to this release along with some much needed anti aliasing, draw distance/pop in fixes and even better loading between certain mini games.

Now its time to save up for that new PC to get this to run well...

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's a ground-up remake using Yakuza 6's Dragon Engine. Do not skip to 6, you absolutely want the story of 3, 4 and 5. 3, 4 and 5 are going to be simple ports of the PS3 versions tho, so they'll have systems and graphics worse than 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 but you should still absolutely play through them.
To the first part, yes this is just a remake of Yakuza 2, and should be played after 0 and Kiwami in that order. As to when the others are coming we still don't know.

Cool, thanks. I'm still not even through with 0 yet so I can wait for 3-5 if they are coming. I'd rather get the whole story anyway, even if they are direct PS3 ports.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, PC frens will understand the gloriousness that is entering a shop without a loading screen.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

3-5 are not getting the kiwami treatment?

Also wheres Ishin goddamnit :'(

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Is Dragon Engine also when the combat started to become weirdly physics based? Not the combat itself but more the animations, I've seen footage of the game and some of the animations seemed to get snagged on geometry and shit.

Btw excited for this. Will get day one if the price is right.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
3-5 are not getting the kiwami treatment?

Also wheres Ishin goddamnit :'(
No. 3-5 will basically look like slightly worse versions of 0 (as in, they look similar but some of the animations - in 3 especially look very dated due to them only just moving to a 3D engine a year previously with Kenzan, so 3 especially had a few growing pains with a new camera system and animations etc.) Similar engine (though not quite as good, they improve it for 0), but PS4 has gotten/is getting ports of 3-5. I'm playing the PS4 port of 4 at the moment and its fantastic, looks and runs so much better thanks to the res and FPS bump. Only issue I have with it is the draw distance being a bit sucky, kinda wish they'd have upped that as well when porting it.

As for Ishin, yeah. Don't get your hopes up on that one.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
Neato, that means Yakuza 3 to 6 will also release. Probably Fist of the North Star and Judgement will be on PC as well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
that day 1 crazy ken band fan patch oughta be sweet
Gimme a full on PS2/PS4 switcher so I can fully customise the soundtracks between the two. I prefer some of the music in the remake, but miss a lot of the individual boss music (and CKB instead of SiM of course). I'm sure we'll get music patches day 1 like in the last couple of Yakuza ports :)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
RELEASE A FULL CABARET CLUB MINIGAME YOU COWARDS

don't mind me i'm just mad i already bought kiwami 2 for ps4 because i couldn't wait

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I have my doubts with FOTNS releasing, maybe I'll buy it on PS4.

Pretty sure both FOTNS and Judgment will come to PC.
SEGA is following a pattern.

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami in 2017 on consoles
Yakuza 0 was released for PC in 2018 and Kiwami February 2019.

Kiwami 2 was a 2018 console title, 2019 on PC.

Won't be surprised if at E3 they will announce FOTSN and Yakuza 6.
Judgment is most likely a 2020-2021 PC title.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
So they doing chronological order which makes sense but i wonder if Yakuza 6 will make it over.

Comandr

Feb 14, 2018
Damn. I just got this on PS4 like a month ago and haven't finished it yet. Guess I'm doing my part by purchasing two copies of each of these games....

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So they doing chronological order which makes sense but i wonder if Yakuza 6 will make it over.
Why wouldn't it? Unless people just stop buying the ports I don't see why not. It was rumoured last year to be coming anyway, though thankfully they are going chronological instead which makes far more sense. 6 is the one that could benefit the most from a PC port - shorter load times (such as moving from one city to the other, from an arcade game back to Kamuro etc.) and proper anti aliasing (oh how that game needs it bad) on top of overall better performance. It'll be great. Oh, and modding the proper Japanese songs back into the game as well. Yeah, definitely needs to happen!

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is the absolute best news! My favorite always in the series, I'm so happy everything has been coming to PC!

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Strange, I thought we would see 6 before Kiwami 2, maybe Sega is going with the numeric order on PC?
Does it means PC users will get 3,4 and 5 at the same time of PS4 users, or they will need to wait another year after the console release, and meanwhile they'll get 6?