cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
VWO6TTC.png

Be advised that THIS THREAD CAN AND WILL CONTAIN FULL SPOILERS FOR PRIOR YAKUZA GAMES.
THIS IS NOT A GOOD GAME TO START WITH.

(Special Thanks to Opa-Pa for the banners and PrinceOfWhatever for his templates!)

h2zszSF.png

• Developer / Publisher: Sega
  • Platform: PlayStation 4
  • Release Date: December 8, 2016 (JP) / April 17, 2018 (WW)
Thzx9t1.png

5vJrdtx.png

Tokyo: 1988, the Bubble Economy is about to burst.
The ownership of a tiny vacant lot will throw Kamurocho and two rival clans into upheaval.
And at the center of this mayhem... two men whose battles will determine the future of it all.

8PPpXPQ.png

October 1995. Kazuma Kiryu takes the heat for a crime he didn't commit to protect his sworn brother.
Ten years later, in 2005, he is released to a changed world... and a changed man. His brother is not the same person he once was.
A mysterious girl and ten billion yen stand between them, and their friendship will never be the same.

AqpW662.png

2006: a year has passed. The Omi Alliance has declared war on the Tojo Clan.
Two dragons will clash... and there will be room for only one.

HFP36RO.png

Four years later, 2009. Kazuma Kiryu has retired to a quiet life with the Morning Glory Orphanage.
However, the Yakuza have other plans... and Kiryu must return to the fray to ensure the safety of all he holds dear.

vtapd34.png

March 2010. Kazuma Kiryu is finally out of the picture, but Kamurocho is left swirling in a spiral of chaos.
Three other men are brought into the fold to restore peace to Tokyo, and once more,
Kazuma Kiryu has to return to set things right.

2h774FV.png

December, 2012. Kiryu has decided that the only way to keep away from his violent past is to disappear completely. He takes up a quiet, unassuming life as a cab driver... but this still proves to be no escape. Nothing is truly resolved in his absence, and this time, his adopted daughter Haruka has to step into the spotlight. Kiryu manages to support her dream... but in the end, she decides to sacrifice hers to be with the man who has always protected her.

cII4yYk.png

Present day, present time. Kazuma Kiryu has agreed to a jail sentence to put the controversy swirling around him to rest, so his family can be free from the shackles of his past. However, this only makes matters worse.

Once again, he is released from jail to find a changed world. Haruka has been hospitalized... and Kiryu's only source for answers is a baby boy that she was hospitalized to protect.

From the mean streets of Kamurocho to the sleepy Hiroshima countryside of Onomichi, Kiryu must pursue the truth, but one question remains:
How far will he go for family?

GBaezNy.png

Ifvkfl9.jpg

UuG6EKs.png

Umyy7DU.jpg

HeVFPWr.jpg

OhR7roC.jpg

VFuynKQ.jpg

EvzjsZD.png

Metacritic - 83
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life

Open Critic - 84
https://opencritic.com/game/4941/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life

Destructoid...7/10
Yakuza 6 offers one of the finest, most realized crime stories of the medium. It also marks the conclusion of Kiryu Kazuma's story, granting him an ending befitting such a well-rounded character. And the best part is that you don't have to be a Yakuza expert to appreciate how it all ends.

Gamespot...8
The world is dense and rewarding to exist in, the dynamic combat system stays exciting even after you've kicked the crap out of five thousand enemies, and perhaps most importantly, Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life serves as a fulfilling conclusion to the turbulent, decade-long saga of its beloved icon, Kazuma Kiryu.

Easy Allies...8.5
Yakuza 6 is undeniably one of the best entries in the long-running series. Memorable side quests and engaging mini-games offer countless diversions and emotional encounters. The combat becomes routine, but the personal struggle of Kazuma Kiryu brings a satisfying and remarkable conclusion for the legendary Dragon of Dojima.

Game Informer... 9.25
One of my favorite things about Yakuza 6 is that it delivers surprises at such a steady clip.

IGN...7.5
http://ign.com/articles/2018/03/15/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-review

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life presents the most detailed virtual chunk of Japan the series has managed to date, and its story provides a satisfying end to the Kazuma Kiryu saga. However, as far as gameplay goes, Yakuza 6 doesn't make enough of an effort to break new ground, making it weaker overall than last year's Yakuza Zero.

4players: 85%
A 90s Kid: 8.5/10
Attack on Geek: 7/10
Bago Games: 9.5/10
Bit-gamer: Outstanding
Bleeding Cool: 7/10
Capsule Computers: 8/10
Chalgyr's Game Room: 8.75/10
Chicago Tribune: 3/5
Comicbook.com: 4/5
Cubed3: 7/10
Culturellement vôtre: 4.5/5
Curved: no score
Finder: 8/10
FOX 43: no score
Future Five: 9/10
Gameliner: 4/5
Gamenewz: 87%
Game Podunk: 7.5/10
Gamepro: 87%
Gamereactor: 8/10
Gamers.at: 4.4/5
Gamerview: 10/10
Games.ch: 83%
Game Skinny: 8/10
Gametainment: 8.5/10
Gamikaze: 17/20
Gaming Age: A-
Gaming Instincts: 8/10
Gaming Respawn: 9.5/10
Gamondo: no score
Geek Culture: 7.5/10
Giga: 8.5/10
Impulse Gamer: 4.3/5
Indian Video Gamer: 9/10
Ingame: 7/10
JapanPop: 8/10
JeuxActu: 16/20
JeuxOnline: no score
Just Push Start: 8/10
La Sueur: 16/20
Level 1: 94%
Mercury News: 3/4
New Game Network: 82%
Newsday: 3/4
N-Gamz: 18/20
Nuke the Fridge: 9/10
Operation Rainfall: 4.5/5
PC Games: 80%
Pixel Pop Network: 9/10
Playstation Experience: Excellent
Press Start: 9/10
Rocket Chainsaw: 4.5/5
RPG Fan: 85%
RPG Gamer: 4/5
Sega Mag: 8/10
Sega Nerds: 5/5
South China Morning Post: 4.5/5
Spieletipps: 82%
SquareXO: 9.8/10
Start Replay: 85%
Super Jump: no score
Takumi no sekai: 95%
Tech Gaming: 90%
The Beat: 8/10
The Enemy: 4/5
The Geekly Grind: 8.8/10
The GWW: 9/10
The Nerd Stash: 4/5
The Outer Haven: 5/5
The Sixth Axis: 8/10
Trophies.de: 8.5/10
Trusted Reviews: 4.5/5
TV Movie: no score
Video Chums: 7.5/10
Way Too Many Games: 8/10
WCCFTech: 8.7/10
We Got This Covered: 4.5/5
Well Played: 9/10

MINIGAMES (WIP)

Puyo Puyo! (Playable at Club Sega Arcades)
xQnKMof.jpg

Virtua Fighter 5! (Playable at Club Sega Arcades)
yakuza_6_VF5_02-625x350.jpg

Clan Creator

maxresdefault.jpg

Yakuza 6 Clan Creator codes(thanks Danthrax!):

???: T2OMQ7FM5KBJPOUR
???: S66X7BAQN4ECAEE9
Naito: ELingobernable00
Okada: RainmakerMrOkada
Tanahashi: MisterTokyoDome0
Evil: 0Banshee0Muzzle0
Kushida: TheSupernovaRana
Toru Yano: BinwanProducer00
Date: detectivemanDate
Daigo: the6thheadofTojo
Koumei: BLACKPANTSKOUMEI
Satsuki: MYSTRYMANSATSUKI
Strong Machine (R rank): STRONGMACHINEDDT
New Japan (R rank): PURORESUNEWJAPAN
Nakanashi (R rank): 0HERCULESCUTTER0
Gedo (R rank): ITSTHEGEDOCLUTCH
Amon (C rank): 7R30M9ZDUH0MJIA1
Daigo Dojima (C rank): M5BXOKQRSIELV19D
Onomichio (C rank): 3QXI6YIGSH03DETX
Taguchi: MasterofDropkick
Ishii: 00IshiiDriller00
Bushi: FirebirdSplasher
vlcsnap-2017-04-23-23h47m17s118.png

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome OP! Gonna pick it up this week, but not sure when I'll actually get around to playing it.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT! Can't wait to receive my game and start playing it. Love what I saw in the demo.

Oct 25, 2017
I've done all the material grinding that I can stomach for the day in Ni No Kuni 2 and there's still more than an hour before my download unlocks, so I'm just twiddling my thumbs now. Time was moving at its regular pace up until 9pm and then it just slowed to a crawl.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it even though it seems to be another Y3 where the new engine hurt the game's content. With so much else on my plate right now I don't really want another 100 hour Yakuza anyway.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I can't help but go for GOW for now (I played every previous GOW game yet I'm only getting started with Yakuza and will hold until I get through the series), I look forward for picking this one up later. Great OP, too!

Oct 27, 2017
I am debating whether I should start the game now or wait until I am done with GOW4. I want to take my time with it.

Will get my copy first thing tomorrow morning.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have it pre-ordered and it's downloaded...going to be tough holding off on playing it until Kiwami 2 comes out. I just kinda don't want to spoil myself.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The release date totally slipped my mind and I didn't finish getting ready! I still have to play 5 and 0 and I'll be all caught up. Still have my pre-order in, though, so maybe I should fire up 5 this week.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Does this one have a good story/video recap for 5? I've played all of them except 5, and that one is not realistically going to happen for me at this point (I'm not gonna sub to PSNow for a month just for it) and even if it was I'd rather play 6 now.

Alternatively if this doesn't have a good recap for 5 could someone point me in the direction of a good video etc that does?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for tomorrow.

just finished 5 yesterday, and i messed around with the demo for like 2 hours and i loved it.

i am going for the platinum, people have told me it does not require two full playthroughs, but simply reloading a save before the final boss and changing difficulty to hard or whatever, will suffice, so I thought that was worth posting now. easiest yakuza platinum, let's do this.

also, someone get a clan creator code list up asap!

Oct 27, 2017
Does this one have a good story/video recap for 5? I've played all of them except 5, and that one is not realistically going to happen for me at this point (I'm not gonna sub to PSNow for a month just for it) and even if it was I'd rather play 6 now.

Alternatively if this doesn't have a good recap for 5 could someone point me in the direction of a good video etc that does?
Yes and http://yakuza.sega.com/experience/

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I got this on Saturday, up to chapter 6 and loving it so far. Didn't realise the launch edition was a limited edition pack with a little art book.

I've only previously played 0 and Kiwami, and read up on the of the rest from the text summaries in game which I think gives you enough to go on if you haven't played 2-5. From what I can tell there isn't really much references or characters to those games so far apart from the Orphanage and one character introduced in 4.

Framerate seems a lot more stable than the demo on a normal PS4 and I think there's less screen tearing too. I really miss the 60fps of 0 and Kiwami though, especially during fights.

Segaswirl

Feb 5, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland.
I got my copy this morning, really enjoying it so far. Also think the game looks great and a good step up from Zero and Kiwami... some anti aliasing would have been nice though. I'm playing on a Pro with a 1080p TV and it's pretty damn jaggy.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I really want to play it, but theres no way ill be able to finish it before god of war. I cant stand pausing a game like this to go play something else..so I have to wait.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Such an amazing game. I promise many of you will be shedding tears by the end.

Oh, and just an idea, but it'd be cool if there were a collection of the clan creator codes in the op.

Here's some that I just googled:
  • Yuji Nagata – NagataLockNagata
  • Kazuma Kiryu – T2OMQ7FM5KBJPOUR
  • Goro Majima – S66X7BAQN4ECAEE9
  • Tetsuya Naito – ELingobernable00
  • Kazuchika Okada – RainmakerMrOkada
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi – MisterTokyoDome0
  • EVIL – 0Banshee0Muzzle0
  • KUSHIDA – TheSupernovaRana
  • Toru Yano – BinwanProducer00
  • Satsuki – mystrymansatsuki
  • Daigo Dojima – the6thheadofTojo
  • Koumei -BLACKPANTSKOUMEI
  • Makoto Date – detectivemanDate
  • Katsuyori Shibata – shibataGotoSleep
  • Amon – 7R30M9ZDUH0MJIA1
  • Taiga Saejima - VRJR9A7SX9Z6MMTV
  • Onomichio - 3QXI6YIGSH03DETX
  • Gedo - ITSTHEGEDOCLUTCH
  • Strong Machine - STRONGMACHINEDDT
  • Captain New Japan - PURORESUNEWJAPAN

Last edited:

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the chore that was Yakuza 5 after 3 freaking years. Of course I still have Yakuza 0, Kiwami to play before I get to this one though. Will just keep it on the backburner but I still bought this. Will play it a little before I stop. Looking forward to it.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So ready for this one. Spent a lot of time playing 3-5 recently and just wrapped up Kiwami right now. Enjoyed every one (to varying degrees of course). Looking forward to the QoL changes that 6 will bring.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Terrible OP. This game is as good a place to start as any.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Could've been playing already, but noooooooo I had to buy a collector's edition, shit, now the true suffering begins.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh, here's some advice that would have benefited my playthrough of Y6.

A substantial chunk of the substories are tied to the big side activities and won't show up unless you've engaged with those activities.

Baseball Management
Snack bar
Deep sea fishing

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017

My non spoiler review. It's a great game.
It's the rare example of doing more with less.
Sega treats the history of the franchise with respect and Kiryu's sendoff is emotional and satisfying. Can't wait to see more people play it and see how it all wraps up!

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Already played it when Sega dungoofed. God, the release was absolutely perfect for me, there was nothing to play when that happened. My essence of art gets here tomorrow to add to the collection!

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
LET'S GO BOYS!!! Can't wait to get into this! Probably gonna start it on Thursday, though, planning to stream it.

KyyGJHl.gif