• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Credit to u/kokokko41647 on r/PS4

jb0u75qkyz821.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
This game sold so poorly that I can see them putting out a quick port of the PC version for current consoles.

It was a fun 20 bucks game that shouldn't have been full price and maybe digital only like a lot of B-titles from last gen.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This is already on PC so I imagine it's not a lot of work to put it on consoles as opposed to the good games.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least decent this time?

It's going to be the same shit game but in a higher resolution.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I know this game got a poor reception but I was always kinda intrigued by it. I liked the visual style.
I tried to play it through PS Now but it looked too blurry for my taste via streaming. I'd try a remaster for sure provided the price is reasonable.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Still disappointed this game apparently did not lead to an ending where Yaiba finds Ryu and immediately jobs to a flying swallow.
This is their chance to fix that.

I'm still amazed they had Grant Kirkhope on this.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Geez louise, out of all the Ninja Gaiden games you could remaster on current gen, this is the one tecmo rolls with? This should be an unlockable game on a real Ninja Gaiden collection. Or maybe not even?

"Poop shit butt ass poop." - Yaiba being edgy.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'll be amazed if this come to current-gen and Switch. Unless it's like a $10 dollar digital title.
I beat it on PC and while not terrible. A new console release won't be enough to entice anyone who skipped it in the first place for the most part.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't it just be a renewal for Xbox BC? Is there any implication that it is being remade?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Huh...and I thought they wanted to sweep it under the carpet and pretend it never happened.

Now I'm sad they gave us Nico instead of Miss Monday as a new scientist in DOA6.

Apparently this game was really good but no one noticed because the Ninja Gaiden name?

No, lol. It was not very good.

Oct 25, 2017
It was both a critical and commercial failure, even if it's very easy to port, I can't imagine it would be good for the brand that had to be put on hold due to how mediocre 3 was

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If we don't buy this, TK will see this as there being no interest in the NG franchise and can it for good. Classic move.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still amazed they had Grant Kirkhope on this.
This blew my mind when I found out about it (I think I saw it mentioned on Grant Kirkhope's website or something lol. I'm pretty sure I listened to something is his embedded music player from the game, but there's nothing there now from Yaiba).

Apparently, Inafune worked on this game too.