pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Have not used it yet and I likely never will. If there was an XSX discless model I would have bought that.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Not once

I'm 100% game pass and free to play (rocket league, Apex and Fortnite) gamer since i bought the series x .

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nope I just use gamepass, digital games I've owned since 360, and I've only bought digital so far. Funny thing is I'm mostly physical on my PS5 and Switch since it tends to be cheaper.

Jun 10, 2018
Never used the disc drive on either the Xbox One X or the Series X. Been all digital for many years now. I did test the disc drive on the Xbox One X before selling it to ensure it works though.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
There's a disc drive on it? I plugged it in, hid it out of view, and have just been going 100% digital with it.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I've watched some blu-rays on it, but even that's pointless now that I have a PS5

I'd have preferred a Digital Series X for $399

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I use it to watch my anime collection and various movies. Probably around 200 hours of use so far.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Series X two weeks ago and love it, but the drive is kind of lound when you install something because it's seeking quite a bit across the disc, more than the PS5 druve it seems. Only have two games on disc though and I plan to go almost exclusively digital due to Game Pass.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Forgot it had one till this thread. We've been conditioned. Next gen no disc drives guaranteed. The 10% who will still be using disc's in 6 years will just have to deal.

Dec 12, 2017
I used it once to watch TLJ in 4K. Game Pass really eliminates my need for the drive though. I pretty much exclusively buy discs on PS5, though. Not interested in paying $70 for single player games when discs go on sale regularly.

Dec 12, 2017
I've watched some blu-rays on it, but even that's pointless now that I have a PS5

I'd have preferred a Digital Series X for $399
The disc drive is not what makes the XSX $499. You're getting a significantly better GPU and double the storage.

UHD drives probably cost $20-$30. Sony is takings loss on the ps5 digital hoping you'll make up for it in digital purchases.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Ive used it twice so far, once to play through my cheap copy of RE3R unpatched to get the One X 4K version of the game before they patched it. Now I'm using it to play through my $10 copy of metro exodus with the SX upgrade. Glad it works, and is silent compared to my loud ass PS5 disk drive that I use all the time because I'm not buying Digital this gen on it.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Bought AC Valhalla, WD Legion and Yakuza LAD at launch on sale. Use the disc drive for those. Have some other XBO games I've put in the drive.

Also have Returnal in my PS5 right now. (Actually playing it ATM)

Oct 28, 2017
The disc drive is not what makes the XSX $499. You're getting a significantly better GPU and double the storage.

UHD drives probably cost $20-$30. Sony is takings loss on the ps5 digital hoping you'll make up for it in digital purchases.
That's in comparison to the Series S though. The Series X only has a slightly better GPU and slightly more storage than a PS5 DE (also has a less advanced controller, no USB C, etc). So many, me included, would have seen a $399 digital-only Series X to constitute comparable value to a PS5 DE.

Dec 12, 2017
That's in comparison to the Series S though. The Series X only has a slightly better GPU and slightly more storage than a PS5 DE (also has a less advanced controller, no USB C, etc). So many, me included, would have seen a $399 digital-only Series X to constitute comparable value to a PS5 DE.
It's a little more complicated than that hardware wise but sure, I see what you're saying.

monsterboysp

Oct 30, 2017
It's got a drive! I'm sure I bought a Series X-de ...hrrrmmm.

Nah, never used it yet, might try one day to run a 4k BR through it eventually.