Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
And that's all blades' affinity charts complete, with Shulk taking the final honors. Never doing that again. Now I feel free to do whatever in challenge mode or do Bringer of Chaos runs. Game is a lot more fun when you have everything and you can tinker with your builds or do specific challenges on your own terms.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
In case anyone is interested, Skye Bennett (Pyra/Mythra's English Voice Actor) has started streaming Torna, and atleast for the first stream, she actually has one of the translation staff with her on-stream (He's still under NDA though). I'll link the youtube archive of the first stream below:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, the sidequest "Shiny New Power" from the DLC is such bullshit.
I've spent 30 common core crystals trying to get a female shield hammer Blade, but all I keep getting are male ones. The quest really shouldn't have the gender requirements that it has.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Contemplating jumping back into the game. I'm not going to restart it (not when I'm 238 hours in and am on NG+) but I've still got plenty to do.

Never thought I'd still be in the world of XC2 11 months on...

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Just finished chapter 4, and the game has truly grown on me. The systems and menus seemed potentially overwhelming, at the start, but they are either not that much of a concern, or ignoreable when I want. The combat has been surprisingly fun to try out different blade combos. The extra bit to timing cancels and chaining into attacks goes a long way for me.

It's a fun time, and ready to keep moving forward.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Just finished chapter 4, and the game has truly grown on me. The systems and menus seemed potentially overwhelming, at the start, but they are either not that much of a concern, or ignoreable when I want. The combat has been surprisingly fun to try out different blade combos. The extra bit to timing cancels and chaining into attacks goes a long way for me.

It's a fun time, and ready to keep moving forward.
Glad to hear it. If you're through chapter four, then you're basically in the clear. A good number of people, myself included, think chapter 4 is the game's worst chapter, particularly for its pacing early on.

neoJABES

Dec 23, 2017
Just finished the story! Wow what a ride! Took me about 85 hrs, sad it's over.

Love this game, one of my top 10 all time for sure.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Is there any point in doing side quests if I don't enjoy them at all? Like do I miss something or are they even kinda recommended to do because of the exp/items/money?

It's the only part of this game that is really not enjoyable for me because they are just boring in design.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any point in doing side quests if I don't enjoy them at all? Like do I miss something or are they even kinda recommended to do because of the exp/items/money?

It's the only part of this game that is really not enjoyable for me because they are just boring in design.
They give great exp that really adds up, so it's worth doing some of them to have a bank of bonus exp so you have bonus levels if needed.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oops, a double post.

I finally crashed head first into a brick wall that I can't get past. I can't beat Nameless Sentinel in the quest Mysterious Launch Codes. Anybody know of some good post-game build guides I can work off of?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
So I beat this near 100% at launch, and never returned to it until I played through Torna.

Is the other expansion pass content actually anything meaty and worthwhile to return to? And how does NG+ work, if you keep your levels and overpower everything it could be fun to blast through and see some story beats in a different light.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I beat this near 100% at launch, and never returned to it until I played through Torna.

Is the other expansion pass content actually anything meaty and worthwhile to return to? And how does NG+ work, if you keep your levels and overpower everything it could be fun to blast through and see some story beats in a different light.
The rest of the expansion pass content adds 20 new quests including one which enables rapid acquisition of trust for your Blades (3000 Trust on 3 Blades in about 5 minutes), six new Rare Blades (Shulk, Fiora, Elma, Poppibuster, Corvin, and Crossette), a very large challenge mode, and full quests with cutscenes for the new Rare Blades (Shulk, Fiora, and Elma technically have challenge mode as their quest). The DLC also gives MOUNTAINS of bonus items such as around 30 Legendary Core Crystals and around 10 Overdrive Protocols iirc.

Other things that have been added since launch include:
- New Rare Blade T-elos
- NG+ which allows you to find seven Rare Blades that were major parts of the main story
- NG+ also includes the ability to change your level up or down at will at inns
- NG+ also allows you to spend bonus experience on special items like Accessory Expanders
- NG+ also allows you to send ANY Blade on Merc Missions, including story Blades like Pyra
- Really they spoiled us heavily, it's amazing the amount of support this game had post-launch

And yes, you do keep your level in NG+.

Last edited:

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The rest of the expansion pass content adds 20 new quests including one which enables rapid acquisition of trust for your Blades (3000 Trust on 3 Blades in about 5 minutes), six new Rare Blades (Shulk, Fiora, Elma, Poppibuster, Corvin, and Crossette), a very large challenge mode, and full quests with cutscenes for the new Rare Blades (Shulk, Fiora, and Elma technically have challenge mode as their quest). The DLC also gives MOUNTAINS of bonus items such as around 30 Legendary Core Crystals and around 10 Overdrive Protocols iirc.

Other things that have been added since launch include:
- New Rare Blade T-elos
- NG+ which allows you to find seven Rare Blades that were major parts of the main story
- NG+ also includes the ability to change your level up or down at will at inns
- NG+ also allows you to spend bonus experience on special items like Accessory Expanders
- NG+ also allows you to send ANY Blade on Merc Missions, including story Blades like Pyra
- Really they spoiled us heavily, it's amazing the amount of support this game had post-launch
Hmm I guess I'll grab the new Blades and do those 20 quests.

From there I'll decide if I want to make a NG+ file.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
And that's Bringer of Chaos no main-blades complete. Amalthus surprisingly wasn't that bad, but Malos was mean. For most stuff he actually wasn't that bad, but Siren Buster is just an ass to constantly deal with. Morag kept on dodge tanking well while Nia kept us healthy. Rex with Shulk endgame MVP. With Vision and timing the level IV special and chain attack perfectly, Malos went down. I'm happy to report Zeke finally found a shirt on the escape pod.

Bringer of Chaos certainly doesn't mess around, even with maxed out Blades. Specials are slow, and the party gauge is often worthless. But good use of Elma, Fiora, Shulk, KOS-MOS, and Corvin in particular saw me through. With that, I think I'm done with Xenoblade 2 for now.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
Once you reach level 99, battle EXP is thrown away rather than being added to bonus EXP. So you have to reduce your level every time you reach 99.

Wow, I wrote that without editorializing.

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i wrapped torna and now i've got the itch to play xeno 2 again, but man, gacha-ing blades really fucking kills it huh

can't even 10-draw core crystals smh. so many parts of the interface are so damn slow... like when you send useless dudes out on merc missions and you have to button through each of their level ups for guys you don't care about...

I really hope the UI gets an overhaul next time around. Even stuff like not being able to get to the pause menu from quick travel if you go to quick travel via X, but you can go back if you go to quick travel via the pause menu, gives me the shits...

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Just started chapter 6 and still digging this game a lot. I keep putting off story quests for side quests, managing merc stuff, and doing environmental blade stuff.

Surprised at how much time I spend on things I would have loathed a few years ago. Whatever, I'm going to keep having fun playing this game.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
Does this game freeze (lock up) on anyone else when going into either the "+" or "-" menus? It's happened to me twice. I'm talking about XC2, not Torna. I have the latest version (2.0.1). I can press the Home button and close the game so the Switch isn't completely locked up. Just the game.

Last edited:

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
The Siren model kit comes with new background information about the world of Xenoblade 2. Spoiler warning to anyone who hasn't finished the game: https://xenomira.wordpress.com/2018...ion-on-siren-included-in-the-siren-model-kit/

Thanks to Lugalbanda for the translation.

Note that Conduit is translated to Gate in this description.

SIREN
Siren is an Artifice (a class of robotic device weapons) that was manufactured in the Orbital Ring, found in the lower orbit of Earth. A distinctive feature that these Artifices have is that they were not weapons created by humans. They were created by a collective of artificial intelligence known as the Trinity Processors, and designed as a class of weapons meant to be devices to the core, the Gate. Put another way, the artifices are cells of a larger autonomous system. Because of this, the weapons that were created had been created in a way that was fundamentally different from that of a human weapon.

Within the Orbital Ring, there is a massive academic institution known as Aoidos. This massive institution was formerly confined to a small university laboratory. But at the beginning of the 21st century, a scientist from that laboratory found a certain magnetic abnormal matter in Africa. This matter, later to be known as the Gate, was at first simply an intriguing artifact that was stratigraphically out of place, being so technologically advanced. As research continued, it was proven that the Gate was a perpetual motion machine that defied the laws of energy, and also that this was the source of the magnetic abnormalities being detected. In response to this, the Unified Government formed a research institution for further study, and because this institution required a vast amount of resources and people, Aoidos was born.

According to a report filed ten years after the formation of Aoidos, the Gate was, as the name implied, a gate. It had the function of a door that could connect multiple universes. It is not hard to imagine, were a "Multiverse Joint" (Eng. Localization: meta-universe manifold) to exist on the surface of the planet, that there would be catastrophic consequences for Earth as a whole if an accident were to happen.

During this time period, the Unified Government set up three orbital tower Bean Stalks on the equator (First tower: Rhadamanthus, second tower: Aeacus, third tower: Mīnōs), and these towers were connected to the lower orbital portion to create the Orbital Ring. This project was set forth by Aoidos, and the Orbital Ring was meant as a way to further study the Gate far from the surface of Earth. At this research facility, a governing artificial intelligence collective known as the Trinity Processor was raised to maintain the Gate. The processor, using Biocomputer*1 elements, was raised in a virtual reality to gain a personality, and this system would be used to govern the Gate.

The Trinity Processors would go on to expand systems to govern the Gate without the interference of humans. It was during this process that many of the Artifices were created, out of necessity to protect the Orbital Ring. Rebel groups not aligned with the Unified Government were all demanding that the Gate be handed over, after all.

Because of their unique origin, the Artifices come with unique functions not found in manmade weapons. Artifices do not have any internal engine. They have a built-in system known as a Slave Generator to receive energy input from the Gate to function. Artifices all have an emerald, Gate-shaped crystal that functions as the receiver for the Slave Generator. Siren has a charged particle laser that is connected directly to the Slave Generator, and this is what makes it able to shoot a massive laser beam. In actuality, it is more accurate to say that the Slave Generator charged particle beam had some additional upgrades to make it what it is on Siren. Siren was a shining blade, a beautiful and simple device meant to be wielded against those the Trinity Processor deemed a threat. There is a design philosophy to it that won't be found in anything manmade.

*1 Just to be clear, the text here is referencing a system very similar to the Kadomony from Xenogears.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
The Siren model kit comes with new background information about the world of Xenoblade 2. Spoiler warning to anyone who hasn't finished the game: https://xenomira.wordpress.com/2018...ion-on-siren-included-in-the-siren-model-kit/

Thanks!

I was hoping for a translation. Interesting stuff. I love that even now I'm learning new things about the universe of XC2.

I wonder what stories are behind other things in the world...

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the expansion pass and I'm starting a fresh game. Never made it very far, so here's to finishing this game!

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the game on the EU sale recently and have now played a few hours.

One issue I have that i don't know how to solve: if I accidentally bring out the weapon with the A button, I don't see how to cancel that and put it back - unless I wait for a really long time. Is there a way to cancel that "battle mode" when there are no enemies around?

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game on the EU sale recently and have now played a few hours.

One issue I have that i don't know how to solve: if I accidentally bring out the weapon with the A button, I don't see how to cancel that and put it back - unless I wait for a really long time. Is there a way to cancel that "battle mode" when there are no enemies around?
If there are no enemies around, it shouldn't be possible to draw your weapon at all. If you have it out and want to put it away, hold R then press B

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017

Yoooo, this is super interesting. Zohar in Xenosaga (never played) is discovered in Africa right?

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cooool. I'm sure though, the stories of XC2 and Xenosaga aren't really compatible. I would imagine the Conduit is more of a re-imagining of the Zohar than just a rename.
I feel like it's closer to a reboot of Xenosaga with a focus on the events at Lost Jerusalem in the aftermath of the Zohar experiment. The Zohar's function is identical to in Xenosaga in every way. Even the way the Artifices receive power is straight out of the Gears from Xenogears or the E.S. units from Xenosaga.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So what's the fastest way to earn gold if you're in Chapter 8 and have the Expansion Pass?
I've tried just buying Golden Cylinders and salvaging at the Dock in Mor Ardain as I saw a few people online comment they were making a ton of gold that way, but that seems to have been patched as I've been lucky to break even doing that, and more often than not it comes up as a loss.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
I've tried just buying Golden Cylinders and salvaging at the Dock in Mor Ardain as I saw a few people online comment they were making a ton of gold that way, but that seems to have been patched as I've been lucky to break even doing that, and more often than not it comes up as a loss.

I don't think anything has been changed. I have lots of money and I haven't even been trying. Are you using as many salvaging level 3 (field skill) blades as you can?

Also, I make a fair amount of cash selling accessories when I get near the 900 limit. I sort them by name and sell all but 5 of each type of accessory (since there are 5 drivers).

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of fanart has been getting posted on twitter since it's the one year anniversary tonight. Won't post here since they mostly have spoilers, but I'll leave Saito's piece here.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA

I thought of something else. After salvaging for a while, are you selling sets of treasure items at the traders in cities? They're the guys with the scale icons. In Mor Ardain it's Martietta Trading. Selling individual treasure items is financially disastrous. You gotta sell them in sets to these traders. Some of them buy high-value sets which require salvaging on different titans. For example, Martietta Trading buys a Penta Set worth 180,200G. Items in that set come from Mor Ardain, Temperantia, and Indoline Praetorium (or Leftheria after a certain event).

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
A bunch of fanart has been getting posted on twitter since it's the one year anniversary tonight. Won't post here since they mostly have spoilers, but I'll leave Saito's piece here.

I was planning on making quite a beefy thread to celebrate the occasion but the date has crept up on me.

I'd love to celebrate what the game does well and brought to the table, while also acknowledging its flaws in a one-year anniversary thread...

... let's hope that if someone does create one in the coming hours, it's not a shit show.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think anything has been changed. I have lots of money and I haven't even been trying. Are you using as many salvaging level 3 (field skill) blades as you can?

Also, I make a fair amount of cash selling accessories when I get near the 900 limit. I sort them by name and sell all but 5 of each type of accessory (since there are 5 drivers).

I thought of something else. After salvaging for a while, are you selling sets of treasure items at the traders in cities? They're the guys with the scale icons. In Mor Ardain it's Martietta Trading. Selling individual treasure items is financially disastrous. You gotta sell them in sets to these traders. Some of them buy high-value sets which require salvaging on different titans. For example, Martietta Trading buys a Penta Set worth 180,200G. Items in that set come from Mor Ardain, Temperantia, and Indoline Praetorium (or Leftheria after a certain event).

Yeah I'm selling things as sets rather than individually. I just read a few posts about people making way more than the outlay from buying Golden Cylinders, yet I'm barely breaking even when I'm getting Salvage Mastery Level 7-10 on my dives depending which blades actually activate (Not sure why sometimes some Blade's field skills don't activate).
I'll take a look at selling off some excess accessories as I have plenty of those.

It's not that I'm exactly short of Gold, I've got about 350k, it's just that I spent 500k to get Sheba's core crystal, and now I need another 500k to get the last item for the Salvage King Quest, another 500k or so to max out Sheba's affinity chart, more Gold for buying items and raising Dev Levels....and there just doesn't seem to be a non-grindy way of getting it even this late in the game.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
(Not sure why sometimes some Blade's field skills don't activate)
The level of a field skill involved in gathering collectables determines the chance of it being triggered. Level 3 = 100% chance of triggering. If a field skill goes off, it increases your collection "result" by one level (three instances of a skill going off should result in +300% rewards)

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA
It isn't "censorship" if you have a choice. Choice is good. I'm not crazy about the new outfit (not fond of the stark dark/light contrast) but I'm glad the outfit is there for people who like it.

I'll tell you what I love: Pyra's Gormotti disguise. Geez, I love that thing. A+

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I saw that this was on sale on the eShop, so I decided to get it and the season pass. I was turned off back when it came out because of some of the character designs, but I'm in the mood for a big RPG when I'm not playing Smash, and I saw that the game seems to have gotten a pretty good reception when it released.

I skimmed the FAQ in the OP, but is there anything I should know going into this game? I played a few hours of the first one on Wii and 3DS, but never tried X, and I know virtually nothing about this specific game to be honest.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I saw that this was on sale on the eShop, so I decided to get it and the season pass. I was turned off back when it came out because of some of the character designs, but I'm in the mood for a big RPG when I'm not playing Smash, and I saw that the game seems to have gotten a pretty good reception when it released.

I skimmed the FAQ in the OP, but is there anything I should know going into this game? I played a few hours of the first one on Wii and 3DS, but never tried X, and I know virtually nothing about this specific game to be honest.

Save the tutorials and don't be afraid of all the mechanics and things you can do. You will learn everything after a few hours and then you will love it as soon as you get more options for battles.

Factory 1.21

Oct 29, 2017
Colorado, USA

My pouch suggestion is to look for items which speed up blade special recharge ("Specials recharge #.# each second"). There are also items which speed up driver art recharge ("Recharges Arts by #.# per second"). (EDIT: Blade special recharge won't be relevant until Rex gets his first blade.)

Once salvaging is unlocked, start salvaging and selling sets of treasures to the traders with the scale icons. Buying salvaging cylinders and selling treasure sets is a great way to increase a town's Development Level, which reduces the store prices (including the price of salvaging cylinders) and makes more (and better) items available in shops. So don't ignore salvaging.

I'll stop now before this becomes a wall of text.

Last edited:

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm in the beginnings of Chapter 7 now, and I just pulled off my first full burst during combat last night. What a thrilling fight! It was nice to feel like I've finally gotten the hang of an RPG battle system.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished Torna, it was really sad.
I feel bad for everyone. I didn't expect Hugo to die and seeing all the bad things happen one after another was depressing. I am glad they didn't show Lora dieing, it would kill me. Well Jin burning his diary and the photo was already enough to kil me

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the Splatoon 2 controller is still easily available, but I can't score the Xenoblade controller for christmas. This sucks so bad :(

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Seems the Splatoon 2 controller is still easily available, but I can't score the Xenoblade controller for christmas. This sucks so bad :(
they've disappeared around the summer. get a smash one if you want the latest revision with the improvements from the xeno2 model. the actual xeno2 one will set you back a lot of extra cash, sadly.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
After 120 hours I'm on the way towards what I think will be the final boss.
Still got some side quests left, and still missing some of the Random blades (though one of them is post game anyway) so I'll hopefully polish those off afterwards along with the rest of the post game challenge battles.

After that it'll be off to do Torna.

Sod doing the "Bearing her soul" quest though. Whoever designed that quest was a bloody idiot.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Is the season pass worth it? I'm still pretty early in the main game but I'm enjoying it a lot, wondering if it's worth picking up the pass for the benefits