Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying there is zero evidence that they can. Saying that "they could make a game like Skyrim" has no basis in reality.
I meant they can make something like Skyrim as in the game design of Skyrim can be easily replicated by them and not in the sense that they can make open world comparable to Skyrim cause that's insane and would require years of work that you can't afford as a work for hire studio, something obsidian can't afford and doesn't seem to be interested in.

Bethesda on the other hand can't replicate something like New Vegas cause it's at odd with their "do anything, be anything in this never-ending game" game design mantra that hit its peak in Skyrim, and its bottom in starfield.

the similarities of fallout 3 and New Vegas begin and end in that they have the same general look, the way they're structured, the way they handle quests and story and characters, the way the map is layed out are entirely different.

boogerbrain51

Nov 3, 2020
Even if they start right now it would take until like 2029-30 to release the game. They should've had something in the burner apart from the next-gen update to premiere along the Fallout show.
This is what I was thinking like there always should've been a "fallout" Game in the works. I do forget that starfield was a major game

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
I would be more than happy with a stylized tactics game that doesn't break the bank and can be turned around fairly quickly.

Than again we still haven't gotten that Metal Slug Tactics game that was announced 3 years ago so maybe nothing is quick anymore…

EvaUnit787

Aug 6, 2023
I know many are saying Obsidian, but please not Obsidian. I feel this will backfire in some way. They aren't the same as the team who made that game.

Outer Worlds was pretty meh and Avowed was not looking that great in the past preview.

Have someone remake 3 or New Vegas. They should have had that ready for the season of Fallout. Maybe they still do since June is still a month and a bit ahead and there were rumors of it.

If not have another team make some spinoff Fallout. I'd even take a TV Show tie in, but please make it Bethesda Fallout, not some other random genre.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Because of Fallout fever and bought Fallout 3 GOTY edition on Steam. Took half an hour to get the game to stop crashing on New Game but it worked eventually. Great game! I haven't played it F3 since launch back on the PS3. I've forgotten how engrossing the wasteland is.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
Is Fallout76 any good for a single player person who liked FO3/FO4? I've not tried it yet because I get the impression it's MP focused (like Helldivers2)

yep, the map is 4x size of fallout 4 and theres full fledged story mode that only could be played alone but the story is not really good

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The kneejerk corporatism is painful. Even if they were through pre-production on a new fallout it would come out 3 seasons into the show long past the flash in the pan these shows create. Sounds more like people with podcasts making up shit to fill air time than anything actually going on in Microsoft.