• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aisod

Mar 21, 2020
You sure? How does pre ordering online and trading in a console work?

When does it take my money?

I think I have always just put down a deposit to pre order (don't remember amount, maybe $100?), and when I went to pick up new console I brought the old one and they adjust my price based off of the trade in credit.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have always just put down a deposit to pre order (don't remember amount, maybe $100?), and when I went to pick up new console I brought the old one and they adjust my price based off of the trade in credit.

awesome. Ill pre order online at work asap then.

Probably bring my console in Friday before or so

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
You can take measures against that. I never allow anyone with 0 feedback to bid on my items. You can also check options that only members with registered US addresses can bid, etc to minimize the chances of trouble. I've gotten scammers before but that's before I started doing all of that. Its served me well since.
Yeah I do the same. You gotta.

I had a ripoff before. I just don't think the average person is aware of the actions they need to take to help themselves with random people.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, I hedge. Should have 3-4 preorders at various major retailers. Like Gamestop, Target, Wal Mart, Amazon, and Best Buy. At least 2-3 of those if possible. At least if you're grown up with a credit card.

There's no risk, check the secondary market, if you can make a worthwhile profit sell the extras. If not, dont pick them up or return them unopened, except the one you keep.

sure, that's great for those that can afford to do it. I just wanted to warn people who this might be their only preorder. In theory they could be trading away their only console, waiting months, then finding out due to GameStop closure, they aren't getting a new console until after launch.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
You doomsayer people know you can use the trade in credit on there website with your power up card right.

they aren't going out of business now.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's crazy to me that people seriously think a chain as big as GS will vanish completely in less than two months time lmao. Some of you just do not live in any kind of reality

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
I might do this, I wanted to hold onto my One X until launch day but I could survive without one for a month and a half, especially with xCloud

I wonder if you can trade-in towards an All Access plan, would be cool to have the first 6 months or so paid. Probs not gonna happen unless you pay GS who pays off the LOC tho

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
sure, that's great for those that can afford to do it. I just wanted to warn people who this might be their only preorder. In theory they could be trading away their only console, waiting months, then finding out due to GameStop closure, they aren't getting a new console until after launch.

But you dont have tp trade in your console immediately

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Will you be able to trade these consoles in for these prices the day before release? I ain't trading in my One X 2 months ahead of time.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I might do this, I wanted to hold onto my One X until launch day but I could survive without one for a month and a half, especially with xCloud

I wonder if you can trade-in towards an All Access plan, would be cool to have the first 6 months or so paid. Probs not gonna happen unless you pay GS who pays off the LOC tho

I think you can trade in your console anytime before launch day.

just pay the 100 pre order and go on days before trade in and pay off

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I don't think anybody who has a One X or a Pro would be interested in a Series S, but the thought of getting one for $99 is wild.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but it's Gamespot you're talking about, and I wouldn't sell on Ebay. Use FB marketplace, Offerup, or Craigslist, and sell locally.

I've used FB Marketplace and Craigslist in the past, and I find it to be a pain in the ass. Lowball offers, people that claim they're interested and then don't respond back, having to setup a time and place to meet a total stranger.

I have to go through it when selling my PC parts, and would vastly prefer just taking everything to a retailer and instantly getting an amount I'm satisfied with.

I understand why some like it, but I also know why some prefer trading their stuff at GameStop.

Jun 4, 2019
Considering trading both my X and One for the XSX, but a month and a half is a long time to wait with no Xbox. It's also a month and a half of Game Pass usage down the drain. Wish there was some way to know if this will hold 'til release day, but something tells me the preorder stock will be wiped out.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I've used FB Marketplace and Craigslist in the past, and I find it to be a pain in the ass. Lowball offers, people that claim they're interested and then don't respond back, having to setup a time and place to meet a total stranger.

I have to go through it when selling my PC parts, and would vastly prefer just taking everything to a retailer and instantly getting an amount I'm satisfied with.

I understand why some like it, but I also know why some prefer trading their stuff at GameStop.

Yeah. Ill post 250 Firm on my One X.

probably will still get people asking 150

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Considering trading both my X and One for the XSX, but a month and a half is a long time to wait with no Xbox. It's also a month and a half of Game Pass usage down the drain. Wish there was some way to know if this will hold 'til release day, but something tells me the preorder stock will be wiped out.

Pre order. Pay 100 minimum.

Trade in Xbox one week before launch and pay off the Xbox.

Get Xbox. Be happy.

Im almost positive you dont have to trade in console on 22nd but trade it in BEFORE launch

Nov 8, 2017
The more I think about this, the more I want to brave GameStop. I don't even care if I get a launch console. Just want that extra $200 off each console.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It's fair. Though, if the fates decree it thusly, I won't be mad about it. This is very much an optional launch for me. I'm gonna plan to jump in, but if something prevents me, I won't be mad about it.

SAKY

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
My goodness people, just call a store to get the 411 on when you have to bring in your old console for trade. Smh

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I sold mine on ebay with a controller like two months ago for 350 bucks. These values are way low.
Of course they are. GameStop is flipping them. They need to actually make money. You selling in FB marketplace to someone for personal use who's only other option is to buy it from a store or a private seller isn't the same scenario.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm wondering if GameStop will really be one of the retailers to offer the all access plan. The op says it is but I don't see details., like do the employees run a credit check on us? And if so, how does the pre order work for something like that? Give em $100 down and they take that off the first couple months?

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
pretty awesome deal, especially since i got the x1x new for 299 (+ purchase of rdr2) from them

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Would like to see some comparisons with games, tests frame rate etc before pre order be up but seems like it wont happen. Hope we get something soon.. Or when we get it, i still on time to get one xD

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully we see something similar with PS5. Ill try to sell first but these aren't bad options.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Dammmmmmn, I was gonna go best buy for preorder, but if I can get that much for a PS4 1TB? Let alone my Pro? might be trading both in and getting 2 PS5s.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm $125 for my One S is tempting would make XSS $175. But I hope the $200 for PS4 Pro runs for PS5 pre orders too. Would make a $500 PS5 only $300

May 17, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered, but, trade-ins require the controller as well, right?

I traded in my old XB1 controller for an Elite 1 that I'd like to keep for my PC, but, would happily use the $200 from an XBX trade in towards a PS5 (assuming they have the same deal).

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Sorry if this has been answered, but, trade-ins require the controller as well, right?

I traded in my old XB1 controller for an Elite 1 that I'd like to keep for my PC, but, would happily use the $200 from an XBX trade in towards a PS5 (assuming they have the same deal).

I think you need console, power, hdmi(Maybe?) and a controller.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Sold my One X on eBay, described as basically like new for $255. I don't think $200 is a bad trade in price at all when you take into account fees and the process with packing and shipping the console.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
It's always a good idea to sell your own stuff on the used market if you can, undercutting GameStop by a bit. Their preowned Xbox One Xs are like $370.

I do wonder if you can put trade in value into All Access.