sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
W0BAbml.png

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
This place goes off on so many trademarked things that are never used. I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw this used by Microsoft

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I think context is important here. We will probably see this next to the new Xbox logo. It looks like it's just to distinguish the different models, probably won't be featured that largely on boxes.

Dec 31, 2017
To the general public. The green slanted Xbox logo is instantly recognizable. this, on the other hand, won't be.

I don't know why everything comes to fan vs fan.? can't we have a normal opinionated discussion
Seeing as it's the usual suspects from PlayStation threads saying the logo is trash, I'd say that no, you can't have a normal opinionated discussion here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
McDonalds Logo Seemingly Revealed:

1200px-McDonald%27s_Golden_Arches.svg.png

Era:

"Fucking hell that looks disgusting"
"Really? Just an M? How does that imply burgers?"
"To imagine that someone was paid thousands to generate two arches lol"
"Looks like boobs lmao"

No I'm not saying the two logos are in any way close to each other in terms of quality, but it's kind of funny to see so many arguments like that here when so many logos of many other brands would definitely be considered 'bad' by Era

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't think the logo matters much one way or another. I don't like that design tho. It's not terrible or anything but it looks so...dunno..generic?

Dec 31, 2017
If a forum of gaming enthusiasts can't untangle the naming convention, that's a marketing failure.
Xbox One S and Xbox One X already exist and are simple to understand, so unless people are acting dumb on purpose (wouldn't surprise me since some don't like other people's favorite plastic boxes) then there is no reason not to understand this. You just replace the word "One" with the word "Series" and you are basically done. It's impossible not to understand unless you are doing it on purpose.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
looks better than the ps5 logo
I must have missed that Sony revealed the PS5 logo. I googled it and is this accurate? It's literally the same logo as the PS4 but with a 5 instead? LOL

I mean, whether you like the XSX logo or not, give it to Microsoft for being creative. I guess Sony just sticks with what works.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
That's definitely a logo for a specific SKU. It's not like it takes the place of the iconic X on the far left.

Now can we move on from revealing everything but the actual games because I want to see some fucking games on the Series X and PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
That's bad.

Maybe if one of the lines was green, or even the top portion of the divided line was green it would be passable but still not good.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I swear, something about the Xbox brand and this forum causes some serious short circuiting.

Its still the Xbox Series X.
The Nexus is still the actual logo for the family of devices and services, it appears on the damn box and on the console itself.
This is just a logotype just like we had logotype for the Xbox One, Xbox Live, Xbox One S, Xbox One X and Xbox 360.

Ugly?
Its literally just text and a letter...where are you even extrapulating enough information to get to its Ugly.
The font is a non offensive sanserif font....if you said boring id be fully on board.

But Ugly?

Im guessing you think the QLED logo is also ugly?
Or are logotypes only ugly if they are from Microsoft?

111-1114491_see-colour-in-a-new-light-samsung-qled-logo.png
Dude... Chill for a bit lol.

It's perfectly reasonable for even a single letter on a not flattering font to look bad. The letter and the side "Series" just don't gel well with me.

And believe you me, this has nothing to do with me being biased against Ms or Xbox.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
McDonalds Logo Seemingly Revealed:

1200px-McDonald%27s_Golden_Arches.svg.png

Era:

"Fucking hell that looks disgusting"
"Really? Just an M? How does that imply burgers?"
"To imagine that someone was paid thousands to generate two arches lol"
"Looks like boobs lmao"

No I'm not saying the two logos are in any way close to each other in terms of quality, but it's kind of funny to see so many arguments like that here when so many logos of many other brands would definitely be considered 'bad' by Era
That isn't even close to a Era exclusive thing. Seems like most new logos get bad reactions or meme'd to death (the Ubi turd or the unbelievable PS5 logo come to mind). It's definitely mostly meaningless, people get over it or just don't care much either way and are talking about because it's just something to talk about.
The only one I've never been able to get over is the Juventus logo change, everytime I see that "JJ" logo I just cringe.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Personally i don't see this getting much play in marketing materials. They already have the standard xbox logo as a power button and the Series X logo thats been used since December. Maybe this is a new smaller logo thats used to denote wether a game is compatible with Series X on game boxes.

Xbox-Series-X-1000x600.jpg
This. I could see it in box art in the corner.

Oct 26, 2017

I think something that's the same shape as the big one but 70-80% each dimension might be more likely, I'm not convinced they could do a gamecube shape without radically different internals to the One X. With a scaled down one they could copy all the concepts straight across, but with a smaller radius fan and smaller heatsink.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
And of course, the reactions from this website don't surprise me at all. But as always everyone praised and cried over the PS5's basic logo and how marvelous it is.