• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
10000 lol. I can see desperate people paying double, but 10000? If you're willing to spend money like that then you're in the 1% haha

At those prices why not build a top tier gaming PC for every room? These Ebay scalpers do realise that all first party games are going to be on PC and on Gamepass for PC right?

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
It's incredible how much of a fuck up Amazon did with these pre-orders. The consoles went out of stock before the actual pages were live because everyone went through the backdoor (smile or adding directly to cart).

Although, I will be honest and say Best Buy and Nvidia (for 3080) were the worst of the bunch.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
fuck bestbuy. was all the way at selecting a store, and couldn't continue to payment

now tells me out of stock

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Damn just got home. Sorry to see that their pre-order went as bad as Sonys :/

JackBauer24

Oct 28, 2017
Best Buy has been garbage for preordering anything lately. Consoles, cell phones, tablets, and VR launches never go smoothly.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Ok...so before I commit on the Series S, I took advantage of the PC Gamepass for $5 thing to bulk up until 9/22. Is there a cheaper way to convert that to Ultimate, or am I stuck paying $15 a month?

If I have to do that, I'll probably just cancel the Series S.
Between now and 2022? Tons of ways.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get past this?

cfIj0Pw.jpg

I think it means it's out of stock for now.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Microsoft fucked up. They did it just as bad if not worse then Sony. Apple is the only one who can do preorders well

LOL. they did not do it worse than Sony. People had no idea orders were up for PS5 so missed out if they didn't happen to be watching the internet. At least we had a time and a change. I got an S and an X today

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Eh, got one in for Target like 10-15 minutes after they went up. Got email confirmation. Tried to get a backup somewhere else in case of cancellation, MS store just greyed me out confirming my order and went OOS an hour later. I didn't know there was a new amazon link so I was refreshing dogs forever and then OOS when I found the correct link. GameStop basically just had issues checking out and when I finally got to pay, OOS. Best Buy... well, Best Buy was Best Buy.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, what the hell, BB shows Coming Soon but if I swap tabs and then go back, the Pre-Order button shows.

Pikagreg

Feb 5, 2018
lol best buy let me check out and said order summary with no number, no in-store pickup, and no charge on my card....and now it is no longer in my cart or on my order history

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
This was absolute and total bullshit. Had one in my cart multiple times at target, multiple times at Best Buy, multiple times with Wal-mart and not a single one went through.

Feb 1, 2018
Microsoft fucked up. They did it just as bad if not worse then Sony. Apple is the only one who can do preorders well

Apple just lets things pile up on backorder for weeks, so you can at least order one but it'll tell you that your delivery date won't be till a month or so out.

I prefer that, tbh. Doesn't make things such a fucking gauntlet.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Hope to god they didn't have the same allocation for regular buyers and All-Access buyers.

That would be dumb :l

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
🤣 thanks for the honesty. I almost went ahead and bought the S, had it in cart and ready for checkout. But I do have a 4k set up and everything, starting to think maybe the S would be a waste. But it just looks so much better 😩
You are going to spend many more hours looking at the screen than looking at the Box.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
I waited in line for roughly 3 1/2 hours today, and I managed to avoid the troubles of ordering online. Thank God now I can relax, get something to eat, and take a much deserved nap.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got one at Amazon.

Would have rather had it at Best Buy for the rewards points, but considering my experience trying to get one there was the same as the PS5 I guess they just don't really want my money.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
BB did the same as PS5 did the other day. After some attempts now I can't load the site without clearing cookies.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
I had an easy time on Amazon once it finally showed up, but I just don't understand why this is so difficult for these corporations/stores.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
8eu72KP.png

zEN0Fla.png

So series S is available at amazon India but not the Series X. and I am sure it never was available as I was checking the website regularly, maybe missed it.
But the real issue is the price, this is high, I am certain that the Xbox s was available at R 22,000.00 at the time of launch which was a $299 system. So for a underpowered Next gen machine
the price is too high, unless you only play with gamepass. the second hand physical market in here is very good, so all digital console at this price will be a hard sale, same for PS5 digital.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with Amazon? I'm having no luck at all w/ Best Buy and Microsoft Store. Fuck them both.

Is Amazon's listing for Xbox Series X still not up? Do I have a chance there?