• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I got approved the day pre-orders went live for the Xbox All Access program through the online Microsoft Store.

When I went to check out they must have ran out of pre-orders because the website just locked up and crashed.

I got an email a week or so later apologizing and telling me they are going to open up a limited number of pre-orders to those who got approved for All Access but weren't able to complete their pre-order. That email said to expect another email from them on or before October 19th with further instructions on how to complete my order and I would have a 72 hour window to complete it. Its now the 19th and I haven't received an email. Has this happened to anyone else?

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
For those wondering, I called and chatted three different times regarding the All Access deal that was offered by Gamestop on Friday without a credit line of approval. They all said it will be bundled with the unit. It can only be redeemed during the Console setup process.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
For those wondering, I called and chatted three different times regarding the All Access deal that was offered by Gamestop on Friday without a credit line of approval. They all said it will be bundled with the unit. It can only be redeemed during the Console setup process.

Interesting. I'm still somewhat confused. Does that mean that we'll actually start the process only when the consoles ship out?

I'm just glad to know that it seems like it was legit. I would've assumed it to be a glitch.

For anyone else that did that method, did it say you're getting it day 1?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared, I was so happy to get in store pickup but the chicago area is blowing up Again with Covid im Worried stores will be closed in November. Hopefully Best Buy will just switch it to curb side...If that's the case

Mar 8, 2018
Every day I check for movement on my Microsoft Store order, every day I see "Pending," and every day I'm disappointed. My hype is honestly out of control at this point.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see how retail locations like best buy will handle this launch. Especially if they have walk in units available.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
7aoNBU3.jpg

I preordered within 5 seconds of it going live if that matters.[/Spoiler]

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Dang. All of these updated Amazon US orders.

I also ordered within like 5 seconds of it going live.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Dang. All of these updated Amazon US orders.

I also ordered within like 5 seconds of it going live.

It's probably Amazon's warehouses getting confirmed allocation. The distribution center for your delivery address probably hasn't received their confirmation yet which is why it hasn't updated.

FaviousM

Aug 20, 2020
Whelp, looks like my country is going into a 6 week lockdown. That could truly screw up my pre-order, my only hope is that because it'll likely ship from a UK/EU warehouse that it'll be fine (assuming deliveries aren't affected by lockdown as they weren't really last time)

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Interesting. I'm still somewhat confused. Does that mean that we'll actually start the process only when the consoles ship out?

I'm just glad to know that it seems like it was legit. I would've assumed it to be a glitch.

So from my understanding at least, when you have the Console and boot it up, there's that usual setting up process. During that, you will register your 24 month subscription pass. Obviously you'll either use your existing or create a new Microsoft account to tie the subscription to. This would be the same even if you actually bought All Access via the Credit line approval. I saw this information on Microsoft's Series X Terms and Conditions page.

It seems legit after speaking to the reps, but I remain skeptical until I actually boot the Unit and see for myself. Hey, worst case, I still get the Series X.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably Amazon's warehouses getting confirmed allocation. The distribution center for your delivery address probably hasn't received their confirmation yet which is why it hasn't updated.
Amazon was my backup order (but I'm selling it at cost to a friend for her son), but I just want to give her an official "you're good!" message.

Not sure when I'll know the validity of my Best Buy order.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
If Best Buy will do midnight preorder pickups, maybe I'll switch to in-store pickup.

Does anyone know if I can do that? Or will I be risking fucking everything up?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Best Buy will do midnight preorder pickups, maybe I'll switch to in-store pickup.

Does anyone know if I can do that? Or will I be risking fucking everything up?
Honestly I wouldn't risk it, but that's just me. It would suck to switch to In-Store Pickup and then see that your pickup time has moved back a week or something.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
I got approved the day pre-orders went live for the Xbox All Access program through the online Microsoft Store.

When I went to check out they must have ran out of pre-orders because the website just locked up and crashed.

I got an email a week or so later apologizing and telling me they are going to open up a limited number of pre-orders to those who got approved for All Access but weren't able to complete their pre-order. That email said to expect another email from them on or before October 19th with further instructions on how to complete my order and I would have a 72 hour window to complete it. Its now the 19th and I haven't received an email. Has this happened to anyone else?

yup I'm still waiting for my emai regarding the all access from Microsoft store

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
So from my understanding at least, when you have the Console and boot it up, there's that usual setting up process. During that, you will register your 24 month subscription pass. Obviously you'll either use your existing or create a new Microsoft account to tie the subscription to. This would be the same even if you actually bought All Access via the Credit line approval. I saw this information on Microsoft's Series X Terms and Conditions page.

It seems legit after speaking to the reps, but I remain skeptical until I actually boot the Unit and see for myself. Hey, worst case, I still get the Series X.

Oh wow. Glad I checked this thread on Friday. Can't thank you enough for the tip, man.

I wish I would've tried it a bit earlier so i could've gotten the Series X but I'll take the S if need be. Still gonna try for the X during the second wave.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't planning on getting one at release so I didn't even try to pre-order, but now my wife wants to play PSO2 so I'm on the hunt.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date, but is there expected to be another wave soon? Edit: In the US.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotally, I've received the All Access email on Sept. 25th and the follow up email on Oct. 2nd at around 5 PM PDT so I'm expecting the actual preorder email to go out in about 4 hours.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times here already but any idea If GameStop (us) is going to do about her round of series x pre-orders? I see series S is still available. I have credit to burn!

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times here already but any idea If GameStop (us) is going to do about her round of series x pre-orders? I see series S is still available. I have credit to burn!

I'd like to say yes, especially with their recent partnership with Microsoft to get more units through the door. But who really knows. I

'd just check daily, especially on the app, since that All Access deal appeared that way. Fridays seem to be possible chances as well.

Jun 10, 2020
Texas

I am in the same situation. Still waiting on my 10/19 email.

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my All Access email from the MS Store saying I'll get an email in the next 2-7 days about completing my order. Saw some others on Twitter getting their checkout emails already so it looks like MS is finalizing orders in batches over the next week.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Not as luck yet...lol. No updates on my orders.

Ok, I'll be keeping an eye on this. I think I was one of the first to see your post about the Game Stop app and pre ordered a Series X.

No delivery update, but GS did 3 pre authorizations back to back on my credit card when I did the pre order, lol. All for $0.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if posted yet, if so, than consider it an reminder.

Looks like walmart.com is going to have xbox series x up for preorder for their black Friday event. If the flyer is available online, maybe check it out.

fNtw4Xh.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
old.reddit.com

Info for anyone looking to get a console at target on release day.

Your home for all the latest Xbox platform news and discussion, with a focus on 'new-gen' hardware!.
Figured it would be like that. Think it will be like that for all major stores up here in Canada as well. Glad I got mine pre-ordered and will be sent to me at work.

Just realized something, all those sites are going to be bombarded again at launch to buy the console and schedule a pickup. LOL, first the Xbox Series X|S then the PS5 the week after.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Figured it would be like that. Think it will be like that for all major stores up here in Canada as well. Glad I got mine pre-ordered and will be sent to me at work.

Just realized something, all those sites are going to be bombarded again at launch to buy the console and schedule a pickup. LOL, first the Xbox Series X|S then the PS5 the week after.

Yeah, lol. It's going to be another shit show unfortunately. The allocating of units will probably be more sporadic leading up to Christmas.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, lol. It's going to be another shit show unfortunately. The allocating of units will probably be more sporadic leading up to Christmas.
Yep. Call me evil but i'm hoping for a Christmas movie type scene where there's a massive stampeded to walmart or best buy video game section to get a console at Christmas Eve and a massive brawl erupts because there's like 5 available.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
old.reddit.com

Info for anyone looking to get a console at target on release day.

Your home for all the latest Xbox platform news and discussion, with a focus on 'new-gen' hardware!.

Anyone looking to do this should have their expectations in check. That will be the plan, but it only works if stores follow the plan. You can bet there will be stores who just sell it to walk in customers so even if you get an online pick up order in place, your system might be sold before it can be set aside for you. So keep that in mind if you do this. In store pick up of a hot item is always a crap shoot because you're gambling that your order will be processed before someone sells it in person.

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
Every day I check for movement on my Microsoft Store order, every day I see "Pending," and every day I'm disappointed. My hype is honestly out of control at this point.
This is me every day espicially since I have hopefully paid for it with the Microsoft account I'm just waiting like take my Microsoft money so I can relax with refreshing daily hahaha
I'll update when mine gets confirmed
Just excited that's all
Good luck Everyone