• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just an observation from me, but the X has been pre sold out since yesterday for all of 2020 in Australia, but EB Games has had the S model in stock for 2020 up since yesterday. I know it's launch and Australia where our prices and internet is not the best, but so far people understand it's the compromised console and obviously do not want it.
I'm guessing the S will pick up momentum around the holidays. People pre-ordering now are mostly enthusiasts, who will definitely want the most powerful console.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just an observation from me, but the X has been pre sold out since yesterday for all of 2020 in Australia, but EB Games has had the S model in stock for 2020 up since yesterday. I know it's launch and Australia where our prices and internet is not the best, but so far people understand it's the compromised console and obviously do not want it.

The S for $500aud is a shameful deal.

Jun 20, 2018
I don't know why people find it so hard to see who the target audience are for the S. Those people don't pre-order launch consoles. They almost certainly don't realise the Series X or S exist yet.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
We dont know stock allocations also. Maybe there is alot of stock of S now and they add later more so they have enough for holiday stuff.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people find it so hard to see who the target audience are for the S. Those people don't pre-order launch consoles. They almost certainly don't realise the Series X or S exist yet.

I keep saying that the Series S will really take off when the cross-gen period ends and people want to buy a console to continue to play games.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Damn what a day, I lined up at Gamestop about 2 hours before opening, I was 11th in line. I thought I had a good chance at preordering. The staff never told us how many xbox they had we had to wait until 8:00am. They only had about 6, lol. And 1 was a X1S. They tried and tell everyone to stay and they will still fullied the order from the warehouse you just had to pay in full right there. After about 40 minutes and they still haven't even processed a single order from the "warehouse." I left I had to work and wasn't gonna wait "maybe 20 minutes maybe 2 hours" Oh well, really wanted to trade in my PS4 and Xbox 1 X but luckily I checked this thread around 10:30 someone mention preorders at Best Buy were live. Try for about 20 minutes and got in a preorder. Got my PS5 and XSX preorders locked in.

I was 12th in line yesterday and they had 10 between the two models. Went into my car. 5 minutes after orders went live I got my Series X pre-ordered via Walmart. Ironically got that and PS5 through the online mess.

It's a bit weird that Gamestop wanted you to pay upfront for the Console in full? Let alone when it's technically not a confirmed pre-order. Felt more like they would get you one in good faith, or maybe I got that part wrong?

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Series S is a bad value and I think people that end up getting the S instead of the X are going to regret it. With games at 100gb+ that 512gb storage is gonna be gone quick and then of course no optical drive and worse graphic performance.
Yeah, the more I thought about it I'm glad I got the Series X. I don't plan on using many discs, but it'd be cool if I can just stick Xbox 360 and One games in there if I find them on sale somewhere. Tons of games I missed out on. Plus, it's better to be safe than sorry. I know Microsoft says the games will look the same outside of resolution and stuff, but I can see the headlines now about certain games running like shit on the Series S.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Aug 31, 2018
If you go into game pass and it offers you 1 month of Ultimate for a dollar, you're good.
Just going to clarify something. Even if you did the 1$ ultimate gamepass offer in the past and it expired, you can still do the same trick. The only difference is instead of 1$ Itll cost $15. Ive already done it twice myself
Thanks everyone, it worked! Can't wait to play game pass titles come November

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Amazon currently is selling Xbox gift cards for ten percent off, btw. I believe you can use that credit to buy an Xbox from the MS store.

jolenar

Apr 2, 2019
Just ordered Xbox All Access - Xbox Series X at Elgiganten, Bromma in Sweden, took about 30min.
For some reason you can only order Xbox All Access in one of their stores and not online.

The cashier had no clue what I wanted to order so I had to get hold of a salesman in the Gaming department who knew about Xbox All Access, however he needed help from one of his colleagues, named Bamse, who knew the "Game pass code" to complete the pre-order.

To get a receipt for my pre-order I had to go back to the cashier and she wanted me to pay the full sum of 8880:- SEK. I told her it should be a monthly fee and that I shouldn't pay the full sum upfront. After a few minutes asking several colleauges she ran for Mr Bamse who helped her to print out my receipt.

They told me I should be able to pick up the unit at launch day.

If any swedes are looking to order Xbox All Access at Elgiganten, Bromma, then ask for Bamse and save yourself some time and hassle.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that I've got the console ordered, time to start thinking about accessories. I think I"ll need a second controller.

I still have a 15 year old XBox 360 wireless controller for windows (with usb wireless receiver). Would that work on the XSX?

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Now that I've got the console ordered, time to start thinking about accessories. I think I"ll need a second controller.

I still have a 15 year old XBox 360 wireless controller for windows (with usb wireless receiver). Would that work on the XSX?
Nope!

Go buy yourself a Shock Blue Series X controller. :)

XboxAcc_Gen9_XDL_Wire_ShockBlue.0.png

Oct 28, 2017
You all actually expect me to believe the 'bought 6 extra for my friends, 3 backups for myself, and a couple extra systems in case the dog wants to play' bullshit ?

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question, does anyone know if the series S comes with a trial of gamepass? I got my nephews an S and im hoping it comes with a small trial of gamepass so i can convince my sister to subscribe them to it.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I can't believe there aren't a bunch of people hounding Amazon about the Series S never going up. Its been a near 24 hours and like no one is upset that they never offered it? I expected Amazon being forced to give a statement why they only had the Series X for pre-order or if/when they plan to put up the other one

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I can't believe there aren't a bunch of people hounding Amazon about the Series S never going up. Its been a near 24 hours and like no one is upset that they never offered it? I expected Amazon being forced to give a statement why they only had the Series X for pre-order or if/when they plan to put up the other one

I was thinking the same thing

Jun 10, 2020
Texas
Oh man. I tried to buy a series X through Microsoft yesterday using All Access. I was approved but then my order didn't go through because it had already sold out. I just got a notification that Citizens Bank inquiry already hit my credit report. Has this happened to anyone else? What am I supposed to do now?

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
So, I'm now completely sold on getting the XSX this year. I have two questions:
- Is there way a coordinate an XBX trade-in and preorder or should I wait until XSX is released?
- Will my Elite 2 controller work on XSX?

DogFacedGod

Oct 27, 2017
I was lucky and got a PS5 disk version and an XSX both from Amazon via links the kinds folks on this thread posted. Thanks to everyone! Now I'm waiting on the accessories to be available. I'd like to score the expansion SSD for the XSX,

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Quick question, does anyone know if the series S comes with a trial of gamepass? I got my nephews an S and im hoping it comes with a small trial of gamepass so i can convince my sister to subscribe them to it.
I'd be VERY surprised if it doesn't come with a free trial in the box. Even my Xbox One S I bought 2-3 years ago came with a Game Pass trial. I'd feel pretty confident you'll get one with the Series S :)

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
- Is there way a coordinate an XBX trade-in and preorder or should I wait until XSX is released?
Your first question depends on the retailer you're dealing with. I'd contact them by phone or ask them in person.

Second question: Yes, any game/accessory that works on Xbox One will work on the next gen Xbox consoles :)

klastical

Oct 29, 2017

Yes to both of those questions. Your going to have a hard time coordinating it though so your much better off just securing a preorder first and then worry about selling your Xbox to whoever it is easiest to do so with, probably gamestop or Amazon.

Mar 20, 2018
For those with experience in hardware failures, I suggest buying the Microsoft Complete Coverage for $49. I had it for my last One X and it covered the HDMI retimer chip repair/warranty replacement after the standard warranty expired. It also allows for peripheral replacement including the Elite Controller.

Microsoft Complete - Protection Plan for your Surface or Xbox- Microsoft

Microsoft Complete - Protection Plan for your Surface or Xbox covers your device up to 2 years for Surface, and up to 3 years for Xbox

Can add it even if you didn't buy through Microsoft:

Option 2: Add within 45 days of device purchase²
Already have a new Surface or Xbox but didn't get Microsoft Complete? No problem—using your new device, visit either the Microsoft Store app or Xbox Store app. Search "Microsoft Complete" and choose your option.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone ever order launch hardware from Target before? Do they ship before the release date so it gets here day of?

Oct 25, 2017
I checked my bank and Best Buy took the PayPal immediately for my X, which is exactly what I wanted. So now that's paid off and done I don't have back to back charges for when Ps5 launches