Mxlegend99

May 20, 2018
I have an X in my living room and my kids have a Series S each in their bedroom. It's a fantastic machine. My kids love them. They get so excited everytime games quick resume and love how fast it is compared to the One S they upgraded from.

So far I am yet to see any games where it's a huge letdown compared to the XSX. For all the scenarios people point out it's doing poorly in games, the PS5 and XSX are also struggling in those scenarios to deliver what they promised. Really should have just said it would fo the same as XSX at say 60% of the resolution rather than using 1440p. As when its dropping resolution. So is the XSX.

Like using 720p in a game as an issue when that mode is to hit 120fps... It's an extra performance mode and the high end consoles make similar sacrifices to hit 120fps too. In general its a great little machine and I believe true next gen games will get more out of it in future

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
It's fantastic. I never upgraded from my launch Xbox One so you can imagine it was a big upgrade for me. I've only played like 3 X|S enchanced games but all the older titles and game pass games I've been playing run so much better than before. I love my S. I've found other Series S owners seem to share the same enthusiasm.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I owned both the first Xbox and the 360 but didn't get a One because i wasn't interested in much of their first party output at that point and i could get everything else i wanted elsewhere. So no point in owning one. But with their aqquisition of Bethesda, Arkane and Tango, Obsidian and inXile they have really beefed up their first party and there is just no way i'm missing out on so much RPG goodness. Also very important is the price which made it an impulse buy for me. And GamePass is of course amazing value which i get a lot out of.

After 3 months with the console i'm still very happy with it. Didn't have any issues like some peeps had, what with the controller losing connection for example. Console is still silent. I was pretty impressed by this because i was not that bothered by the loudness of my PS4 but after experiencing the quietness of the Series S it's a nice to have for sure. The quick loading times are a huge quality of life improvement as well. The small SSD is an issue but at least for now i haven't run out of space because i have a lot of older games installed which are of course smaller than current gen ones. Yeah i'm quite happy with my purchase.

Bakuryu

Oct 29, 2017
One thing that always confused me about the Xbox Series S, is why do backwards compatible games not run in Xbox One X Enhanced mode? That's what is kinda stopping me from grabbing one tbh.

I just want Skate 3 to run on the Series S like it does on the One X. It's not even about resolution, the frame rate isn't as smooth.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Wow these are very positive impressions. Disappointed this topic didn't come with a poll, though :p

It being and the Ps5 Digital version being only digital really hurts the consumer more since you are restricted to the Xbox Marketplace and PSN store.

I want to buy Black Ops 3 but you have to pay $60-$100 for a 5 year old game that I can buy for physical for $40.
I don't think this is as big of a deal as you make it seem. Prices on ebay are ~$20 - $30. $30-$40 direct from Amazon. You wouldn't be able to just find it new at almost any physical store. 3 months ago, the price on XBL was $30. It was $20 5 months ago. Similar story on PSN. Digital sales are definitely not as rare as people seem to want to portray them.

luminosity

"This guy are sick"
Oct 30, 2017
I was worried about this too, but you could argue the main consoles are doing badly as well, since they're doing dynamic 4K and not native 4k a lot of the time, so that either means later gen games will be 1080 on PS5/X or they've not got to grips with making games for the new systems yet, or that maybe just cross gen games are not a great indication of what is to come

I mean, Assassin's Creed 4 on a PS4 looks decent, but the later Assassin's Creeds on PS4 perform as well and look a hell of a lot better

Don't worry, 4K on PC struggles.

4K above all was a mistake meant to sell TVs.

rainz

Nov 1, 2017
Loving mine since launch in aus. Couldnt find an x my pre order got cancelled so got in on an S. So far been better than expected!
With only a 1080 tv it was an easier sell to the gf than the X and a new tv anyways haha..

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I just want Skate 3 to run on the Series S like it does on the One X. It's not even about resolution, the frame rate isn't as smooth.
Oh, so it's not 60fps on S?
I think it was close to locked 60 720p on PS3.
Skate 2 is only 30 from the beginning and that is available on PS3 too aswell as Skate 1, both which are supposed to be better than 3. Have you tried Session?
That is getting really interesting and I would like to know performance on S.
Skater XL is locked 60 on PS5.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
That big black vent on the top is VERY important.. it needs to be wide open and it will get warm.

Mine is installed here. I guess it has plenty of space for airflow? (table is made of glass and that brow case for glasses and microphone are not there anymore).

If it's not enough I might put the PS4 Pro down where it has space for vertical orientation.
IMG_20210111_122227.jpg

Sep 29, 2019
The best system i've ever owned. Amazing graphics and perfomance for me, game pass is a stupid great deal. I will never regret getting it honestly, it's a really great system.

Unmoses

Mar 22, 2018
Have mine as a second in the bedroom to a series X in the living room. I have to say I'm very impressed - spry, silent, on a 40" TV from a distance I'm hard pressed unless there's a side-by-side test. I installed a bunch of mid-sized games (medium, nms, tetris, a few others) and AC Valhalla and I'm at 20% usage.. *shrug*.. so far so good ;)

Great pickup, can't really find anything wrong for the price.

Scarlet0Pimp

Feb 4, 2018
Feel like a broken record, but love the S, actually have spent way more time playing on it than the X which is upstairs in the office on the big screen. The S i have in the living room on the smaller telly and I quite often cant be bothered going back up to the office i'll just fire up the S. Even been playing a lot of Hunt Showdown on it which is technically playing the worst version of the game since it will be the xbox one version at 900p and at least a solid 30, game feels much better than it did on the old living room X one though, looks better too since the resolution sticks to 900p

Bakuryu

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, so it's not 60fps on S?
I think it was close to locked 60 720p on PS3.
Skate 2 is only 30 from the beginning and that is available on PS3 too aswell as Skate 1, both which are supposed to be better than 3. Have you tried Session?
That is getting really interesting and I would like to know performance on S.
Skater XL is locked 60 on PS5.

It feels close to 60fps most of the time but it's definitely not locked on the series s, it gets slightly choppy feeling. Whereas the one x was locked. Felt like butter.

I have Session and Skater XL on PC, I like them, especially XL but there's very little "game" to them. Playing XL at 165fps is liquid though.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
It feels close to 60fps most of the time but it's definitely not locked on the series s, it gets slightly choppy feeling. Whereas the one x was locked. Felt like butter.

I have Session and Skater XL on PC, I like them, especially XL but there's very little "game" to them. Playing XL at 165fps is liquid though.
Yeah, as soon as I get my PC I plan to delve into them and the modding community.

memortal

Feb 5, 2021
I love gaming (never been in that stupid fanboy stuff) and I was mostly a Playstation guy in last gen with the PS4. Once I saw the Series S reveal, I had a big smile on my face and said this is it, in some way or another I am jumping back into the world of Xbox. I got Series S even before I got the PS5 (thanks to the limited supplies) and all I can say is that I am in love with this little beast.

It's surprisingly small (for people who loves to game with family and friends, you can easily put this bad boy into your backpack 🎒) absurdly silent, fast and joy to play with.

For people who thinks that quick resume is not a big deal (if there are anyone who thinks that) wait until you experience it. It's a game changer, hope they can find a way to implement it into the games like FIFA and rocket league.

Oh about the Game Pass, this platform will be the shining star for the Xbox brand. Once bethesda acquisition is complete and Xbox Studios start to bring games.. I can imagine great games coming to the platform constantly throughout the generation.

This console makes sense for anyone who loves video games. Series S + Game Pass Ultimate = Pure Joy

Main system or secondary console, either way any gamer who buys the series s will definitely have a blast with it.

Can't wait to see what future holds both for the Xbox, Nintendo and PS5. Exciting times 💚💙

Last edited: