• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd say no. It's not worth it. If you have an existing xbox one at 1080p, you won't feel a difference at all. The $100 discount seems .. low? I traded mine at EBGames (here in Canada) and got $200 off the price of the One X, so even there it feels like you're getting the short end of the stick.

At best for you, a One S would be a worthwhile upgrade, but even that is negligible. You're not utilizing 4K, you're not going to see much benefit at all, and being strapped for cash, its def a need vs want right now. I'd hold out until you're in a better financial position, or are in a spot to utilize the extra power of the console.

That's not true at all. 1080p owners can still get massive differences. 4K assets supersampled and/or better framerates + all the improvements to BC games.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Nice from him but that's BS. I never had Gold before on this profile and have the same problems.

The whole system is fucked up, what have they done with Xbox live? I downloaded Trackmania and claimed Turing Test but i can't download Nights, don't know what the game want from me.
If I go to the Website I can't claim any game cause even there it wants to sell me Xbox Live Gold, even if I already bought it. I don't know why on some pages the console or the website acts like I don't have gold and one page later there stands I have.

Drives me crazy right now.

You maybe right that the whole system is fucked, because even after redeeming the 1 month code and it saying right in my face, "Expires 12/8/17" I still cannot play anything online. It's weird, I'm talking to another support person.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Spent all day with my Scorpio edition, after transferring all my old hardsrove over to the new via network transfer.

First the bad...

-F*** Amazon Prime UK. Ordered so fast I was easily one of the first to order one and they missed day one delivery... Anyway...
-Network transfer took ages, but was going at 200ish meg/second. Can't complain. I just had lots of stuff (and no external).
- My box came dented and scratched. Goodbye resell value!
- During setup I found I couldn't press ok when it wanted me to go to the user email screen. After restarting and finding the same issue, I noticed that my pads LB button had been wedged onto place and stuck there :( I managed to get it out, and it's al worked fine since.

The good:

- Jesus Christ, erm... everything? This machine is amazing.
- So quiet, I can hardly hear it even on mute. Every hour I do get a small fan kick start for about 5 seconds that goes away, but I'm talking very quiet even then. Wow.
- Performance in games has been amazing and so has visuals. So far tried AC:Origins which looks amazing once set up, Zoo Tycok which is now smooth in frame rate, 4k, and no longer crashing. Lego Worlds which looks fantastic even at just 1080p and not a single frame rate hitch, and Fallout 3, which, for an old game, looks utterly stupid at 4k... Wow...
- Did I mentioned how quiet this is?
- I did also install the Insects demo, which is nice, if nothing more than for testing your HDR settings out :)

But for now, at half 1 in the morning, I really should be in bed... I just hope they add a X logo to the icons in My Games And Apps so I can see what's installed a little easier than the toggle top right...

Speaking of........ Km sure this picture has nothing to do with anything, but... one of these things is not like the others...

GSMbAw4.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/GSMbAw4.jpg

Silence

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm pretty impressed with this thing. I spent about 10 hours playing today. Everything is just so crisp and smooth. And I only have a 1080p set, but the higher frames and crisper graphics are still very evident. I'm happy with my purchase, that's for sure!

Oct 25, 2017
not that i ever heard my S either, but so far hearing naught even a whisper from this thing.

also running super cool playing Halo 5 - it's like voodoo or some shit.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in utter love with this thing, and that's off the back of owning a Pro for a year.

Everything looks so sharp and has such good performance, it's such a joy to use. And so quiet, it's relaxing too. Revisiting my old XBLA library is incredible. Omega Five!!!

But the thing that has blown me away the most is Gears 3 and Ninja Gaiden Black, and how on earth they have any right to look that good. MS could have sold these as remasters, they look that good. Seriously. And NGB is one of my favourite games of all time, so this just feels a little too good to be true right now :)

I'll admit I was feeling a little hesitant last week and wondering whether to cancel my preorder given that I already have a Pro, but I'm so glad I didn't. I really couldn't be happier with the X, and kudos to Microsoft for making such a giant leap in the last four years with their hardware. Now, if they can do the same with their first party output then that would be wonderful. Until then, X will now be my primary console, with the Pro and Switch purely for their exclusives.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, excuse the ignorance here, but I have primarily been a Playstation person the past 4 years, but I am now back to XBox thanks to the X.
I want a better headset experience than plugging headphones into the controller (I have the official Microsoft XBox One Stereo headphones).
Wireless and surround sound is my preferred method.
However I think it may not be so simple. Want to verify.
I just enabled Dolby Atmos today since my receiver supports it. When I did I noticed it completely disabled the Optical Out on the One itself. So if I continue to want to use Atmos, I cannot use a Wireless solution since it uses Optical Out?
Or is it possible to do both?
I just want true surround headphones. I do not believe I am getting that plugging my headphones into a controller but perhaps I am wrong there???
If I do not have to spend money that is great, but I get the impression I do need to if I want "true" surround sound. (I put true in quotes as I do understand it is more emulated than anything else with headphones.)
I have the Playstation Platinum Wireless Headset for the PS4, and I love them. I just want something comparable, but I also do not want to stop using HDMI as my main audio source for my One to my Receiver.
Any help is truly appreciated here, as I am a tad confused with everything on the One as far as Surround Sound experience and headphones.

Oct 25, 2017
man, i'm enjoying this box SO. MUCH.

i'll actually be able to consider buying more games on Xbox instead of PC now if i want to play with friends who only have Xbox [like Overwatch for example].

i couldn't even consider playing third party games on Xbox before, it was so sad...

it's a new dawwwn, it's a new daayyyy, it's a new liiiife fo-oh-oh mee-ee!

i might have to try these out...

i bought some sweet logitech 3d ones back when i was playing TF1 on PC all day erry day, but the wires are just so FKin annoying i never use them anymore [despite having amazing positional sound and sound quality in general].

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I have seen quite a bit of discussion regarding the noise level of the X1X, so I decided to perform a not-so-scientific experiment. Somewhere, still packed away from my last move years ago, I have a pretty decent set of microphones to measure SPLs, but as I couldn't be bothered to look for them, I decided to use an app on my phone to measure the the output of the X1X.

I measured the output with the phone directly on top of the X1X, but separated by a 1/2 rubber pad to minimize vibrations. The TV in question is a Panasonic VT65 VT65 1080P plasma, so the X1X is down sampling for my purposes.

Ambient room noise: 22-25db
As above, with X1X on at dash: 22-25db
As above, with WD 4GB My Passport Ultra plugged in: 24-27db
As above, with TV turned: on 24-27db
As above, with COD WW2 running from disc (Stronghold mission): 28-30db
As above, after disc drive shut down: 25-27db
As above, observed during 10 minute span: 25-28db

So there you have my brief observation. Up close, you can hear a low-level hum, but that is that is only evident after the TV is turned off (damn plasma whine). From where I sit (9-10 feet away), it is inaudible for every game I have tried so far, which was a big concern of mine after experiencing the PS4 Pro.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Okay, excuse the ignorance here, but I have primarily been a Playstation person the past 4 years, but I am now back to XBox thanks to the X.
I want a better headset experience than plugging headphones into the controller (I have the official Microsoft XBox One Stereo headphones).
Wireless and surround sound is my preferred method.
However I think it may not be so simple. Want to verify.
I just enabled Dolby Atmos today since my receiver supports it. When I did I noticed it completely disabled the Optical Out on the One itself. So if I continue to want to use Atmos, I cannot use a Wireless solution since it uses Optical Out?
Or is it possible to do both?
I just want true surround headphones. I do not believe I am getting that plugging my headphones into a controller but perhaps I am wrong there???
If I do not have to spend money that is great, but I get the impression I do need to if I want "true" surround sound. (I put true in quotes as I do understand it is more emulated than anything else with headphones.)
I have the Playstation Platinum Wireless Headset for the PS4, and I love them. I just want something comparable, but I also do not want to stop using HDMI as my main audio source for my One to my Receiver.
Any help is truly appreciated here, as I am a tad confused with everything on the One as far as Surround Sound experience and headphones.
I have the Xbox One RIG 800LX Wireless headset that supports Atmos and i enjoy them very much. They plug in via USB so no need for the optical port. Maybe check them out.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
At the risk of continuing to derail the thread, can someone who has installed RIse of the tomb raider confirm that you had a total of 50 GB? Was that disc and network combined?

I'm only still seeing 29.68. Last post about this, I swear.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
At the risk of continuing to derail the thread, can someone who has installed RIse of the tomb raider confirm that you had a total of 50 GB? Was that disc and network combined?

I'm only still seeing 29.68. Last post about this, I swear.

If I hit manage game and go to install risenof the tomb raider with the dlc and stuff it's 50.9GB

51GB after clicking install and going to manage game.....so yes, 50GB sounds correct

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the only 3 games I own which are cuphead, horizon 3, and KI, and the system remained dead silent. I turned off my air purifier and leaned against the system and couldn't hear a thing. The only problem I have is that for some reason HDR on horizon 3 looks dark, while SDR on my pc on same game looked way more bright and vibrant. Never had a dark HDR issue on the pro either, or maybe the hdr on horizon 3 just sucks. I like the system so far.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of the XB1X enhanced games I have tried, Forza 7 (demo) and Gears 4 seemed the best. There was absolutely no aliasing on Gears 4, in visual mode, on a 1080p plasma. Before the update, the game had considerably aliasing. Forza 7 had only aliasing on very distant areas or in minor places on the vehicle edges. Compared to Forza 6, the game is a monster improvement visually. I tried Slime Rancher and, without V-sync on, the framerate is very inconsistent. Aside from the graphical glitches, the games looked very nice. However, I had to turn on V-sync and up the x-horizontal control sensitivity, for the best experience. I had not previously tried this game and don't have it on PC, so I have no idea how it previously looked or ran. The rest is still downloading.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
IIRC Atmos headphones is literally just a $15 software license so you don't need to buy a specific headset, or am I wrong?

correct, however there are only 3-4 options for wireless headphones....and the Rigs are actually the best wireless headset atm for use specifically on the X1 platform

Thanks. Is there a list of compatible headsets?

The only USB sets I know of, are the ones that are fully wireless and there is a total of like....4

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Seems it still has a problem with random controller disconnects. I had this problem on the original and the S, but I never played either enough to look into it much. But if im going to start using xbox for 3rd party this is going to get annoying. Anyone else have this problem or know if theres a fix? I was just playing Wolfenstein 2 and the controller just disconnected in the middle of a fight.

Secondary question... Any way to dim this damn light on controller? All the talk I saw about the PS4 controller light, i find this FAR more annoying. Its right in my face.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I wasn't very productive in actually playing games tonight. I played every game in my lirbary for like 20 minutes just to see how everything looked.

I really think the biggest wow moment was Fall Out 3.....I played it a few months back and once a game looks dated I just can't mess with it but this game man, it looks so good (for it's time) there really was that much of a bump to the game, it is truly unbelievable

Edit: I can't even imagine what the new red dead will look like on this.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been able to play shit today because I've been waiting on a 90 GB download :/

I don't usually hit that in a month.

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017
correct, however there are only 3-4 options for wireless headphones....and the Rigs are actually the best wireless headset atm for use specifically on the X1 platform

The only USB sets I know of, are the ones that are fully wireless and there is a total of like....4

I'll just buy an Xbox Headset. Surprised this was not included given the price tag...

Tried my Hyper X cloud II headset....nothing lol.

Thanks for the help though man.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Where's the list of compatible sets? Golds work? Plugged into the controller of course.

Can't find you a list.....I just remember from researching and looking around that there was only a few legit fully wireless sets where you didn't need some dongle still going into the controller

Golds do not work wireless from when I last tried, and I don't think Microsoft still has added basic USB headset support. The companies basically have to pay a license to use wireless via the USB (speculation on the license....but we have known in the past microsoft to have licensing fees for technology use on the consoles)

There was this though

https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/05/new-xbox-wireless-gaming-headsets/

But be careful, not all wireless headsets......are 100% wireless and sometimes still require a cable from the set to the controller for the chat feed

g23

Oct 27, 2017
i'm installing a bunch of games on disk right now, but is the system pretty quiet when playing w/o it installing games?

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i'm installing a bunch of games on disk right now, but is the system pretty quiet when playing w/o it installing games?
Same question.

I'm installing a bunch of games. (Digitally)

And I can hear the thing. Very well could be the hard drive I'm hearing. In "rest mode" now and same thing. I don't wanna judge it until all this downloading is done and I'm strictly playing a game

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
For those that traded in your One S at EBGames, what did you have to do to your One S beforehand? Just deactivate your accounts, uninstall all games? I have the box so that's not an issue.

Thanks in advance.

RoslindaleOne

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Batman: Arkham Knight looks worse now for me. The puddles and rain droplets are too sharp and shimmery. Im playing it on a 1080p screen which looked fine before the xb1x. So far every other game I played ran great. Anybody else tried Batman: Arkham Knight?

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Scorpio Edition all set up. It's looks great on my OLED. Halo 5 is preposterously sharp. Battlefront II looks great.