• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Well since I have a ton of trade in credit that was going to my Scorpio edition at GameStop, guess I should go buy some enhanced games.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an easier way to take screenshots as pressing the Xbox button twice and then Y?

How long can I record videos? Which FPS, which resolution?

On the current dashboard, pressing the Home button once (which grabs the last frame before you did) then Y (for screenshot) or X (for video) should be the default. In system menu, you can choose the default length for the X-button capture. If you have a chatpad on your controller, and you can assign dedicated buttons for these various functions. You can also press the View button after the Home button to bring up the various video length options. There's a 1080p/30fps option (max 5 minutes) and a 720p/30fps option (max 10 minutes). Screenshots are captured at whatever the system resolution is set to, in a PNG format by default.

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody using a 4k monitor with an X? Wondering if it's worth getting one over a regular 1080p monitor (for when I get an X)

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody using a 4k monitor with an X? Wondering if it's worth getting one over a regular 1080p monitor (for when I get an X)

monitors will typically use Display Port, whereas the X still uses HDMI - I tried [and failed, and failed, and failed] to find a dongle that would let me plug my OG Xbone into my DP monitor, but alas...

[still hoping someone has a magic link to a magic device that will make magic happen though]

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Now I will wake tomorrow morning and watch a DPD van drive around until it arrives. Really want to fire up QB first. A little disappointed with TF2 but I am sure they will patch.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Wolfenstein 2 looks glorious!!!
I'm only playing on a 1080p screen and I haven't gotten used to the game before on the regular Xbox One so I couldn't notice a difference. I do think it looks pretty nice though, and the thing I did notice was that it loads checkpoints a lot faster (I totally cheese the checkpoint system in the new Wolfie games if it's in a good spot to help me farm for perks since they carry over even if you reload).

Guys , is there any games that let you switchbetween 4k and 1080p to see the difference??
Going from memory, if you press "X" while letting the insect demo run, it'll flip between 4K and 1080p, I think...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
On the current dashboard, pressing the Home button once (which grabs the last frame before you did) then Y (for screenshot) or X (for video) should be the default. In system menu, you can choose the default length for the X-button capture. If you have a chatpad on your controller, and you can assign dedicated buttons for these various functions. You can also press the View button after the Home button to bring up the various video length options. There's a 1080p/30fps option (max 5 minutes) and a 720p/30fps option (max 10 minutes). Screenshots are captured at whatever the system resolution is set to, in a PNG format by default.

5 or 10 minutes? Jesus Christ they need to patch that, at least for the X. Standard PS4 could record 15 minutes 720p, Pro 60 minutes 1080p.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wish the EB Games, where I pre-ordered my Scorpio took better care of their boxes. First one they sold me was crushed on several sides and had a bend down the side. Looked dropped. Asked for another and their "best box" still had some crush damage, dents, and looked like it was slid across the floor as the entire bottom was scratched. Aside from pre-ordering somewhere else, I wish this stuff didn't happen..

Oct 30, 2017
I was pretty psyched when I got off work today and picked up my One X. Brought it home, placed on top of my tv cabinet while transferring the contents from my OG One to the One X via HDD. When that was done, I unplugged the One X and moved it into it's permanent spot in the TV cabinet.

I did some cable managing, then plugged the console back in. All that was standing in the way from me enjoying some true 4K goodness now was pressing the power button. So I did. Aaaand nothing happened. The console wasn't booting. It didn't even make the boot sound. Just silence and nothingness.

I tried unplugging the console, leaving it unplugged for a while before plugging it back in, but that didn't work. Neither did changing outlets.

Right now the console is back in it's box, waiting to be returned. With my luck, the place I bought it from is out of stock and I'll have to wait a while to get a new one.

This sucks.

This happened to me, I'm on my 2nd console. Was the power lead plugged in and powered on when you put it back into the Xbox? This could have caused a short. I have a feeling that's what happened to mine, I stupidly done that after it shut down from overheating and it wouldn't power on again.

Murray

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
What will be the best game to really show off this new console? Forza 7, AC: Origins or Wolfenstein 2?

Just want to get ready for when Amazon finally ships my console in 2019.

Addikt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Describe loud? During quiet moments in the game I can't hear it. If i pause, I'm able to hear it. I'm sitting nearly 3m away from my TV.

It sounds like your typical console doing it's work.

Mine revs constantly and has a whistling noise. It never stops revving. It is much louder compared to my Pro.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
this is probably the quietest console I have owned from memory(started at 360). Its laughable the difference between this and my pro. I was scared when playing wolfenstein on my pro cus it was so loud.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
What will be the best game to really show off this new console? Forza 7, AC: Origins or Wolfenstein 2?

Just want to get ready for when Amazon finally ships my console in 2019.

I don't have my X yet, but if the Pro version of Rise of the Tomb Raider is anything to go by, I would try that. That shit looked amazing on the Pro. The thought of it looking better on this? Too much to fathom.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is struggling to download insects.

1. Go to store page via browser (make sure your logged in with your MS account), here
  2. Click "Get for free", which ties the app to your account
  3. Once confirmed, go to Games & Apps on Xbox
  4. Go to "Ready to install"
  5. Select Insects, and install
Its a manual process for some reason, not sure why MS didnt just add this to the app store (you cant search for it) or add a link to the store page at least.

Its a fantastic piece of software for showing off your TVs 4k ability, Major Nelson did say it works via super sampling too.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Again, kind of in shock with the delayed DF response, not sure why they spent time on Sonic comparison when theres more interesting games to compare, it's not received alot of views either. Probably working flat out, would be nice to get some notice of what their schedule is.
Me too. I believe John was on holiday until Monday which seems like it was quite unfortunately timed but that's often how things go!

Hoping they have a bunch of things in the pipeline. I'd love to see closer looks at all the nicher titles.

Diseased Yak

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine today, via Amazon.

I've played about 7 hours of AC:O so far, and overall the system is just outstanding. I can't believe how quiet it is! Absolutely amazing. Kudos to Microsoft for making me switch my "buy every multiplat here" console.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
With the Scorpio there came a 1 month code for game pass, is it possible to use the free 2 weeks from the store and the 1 month code after that?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone let me know how Destiny 2 looks on this in 1080p. Does the super sampling make any difference at all? I know it is still 30fps.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
How stop this xbox from talking :lol It reads everything I highlight.
I think you have Narrator on. Hold the Xbox button, and then I think it's either "Select" or "Start" to turn it on/off. One is for Magnifying Glass (Zoom) and the other is for Narrator. I hope this is right, and it helps. lol

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Guys why did Purolator do this?

Apparently the security guards / concierge at my condo refused to accept my Scorpio preorder from Best Buy because it required a signature.

So Purolator took my package to another facility that I can't visit until 10am tomorrow. And I have work. So I have to wait until tomorrow night.

Is this shit common?

How do I avoid this nonsense for the next time I preorder a console?

Justsomeguy

Oct 27, 2017
UK
My Project Scorpio Xbox One arrived, super excited and as silly as it sounds thankful to be privileged enough to afford something like this. Hope everyone else is enjoying theirs.
It's a good sentiment.

If I have food on the table and a roof over my head then I'm luckier than much of the world. The rest is a bonus and I'll always be grateful.

SaiST

Oct 25, 2017
Just in case, for the new page:

Anybody else having issues with the network transfer utility? I've been following these directions, but when I select my Xbox One from my One X, none of the games on my Xbox One show up. Does the ethernet cable have to be connected directly to the Xbox One, instead of tlhaving them both connected through a router?

For now, I'm just transferring the Xbox One games on my external HDD to the One X.
Would take a fair bit of extra time if I had to use the USB HDD to transfer everything. :/