• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
NL
After picking up my Scorpio last friday and finally having it set up I can say that I'm happy with it. I did have a freeze while restarting it when I was in the midst of installing/updating/ moving games. Thought it bricked but it didnt thankfully. Mine's silent too, just as my OG One was. Haven't really put it to the test maybe but I dont have a 4K TV so, ha! I find the controller to be of a better quality too.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys. Got my Xbox One X coming tomorrow and I'm really excited! Thing Is, I don't have a 4k TV yet as that will be my next big purchase.

Just wondering what are people's impressions of the console that are still on 1080p screens. You guys happy and noticing the difference with the supersampling?
de1a7993-7de0-4401-91w0jy0.png

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Best Buy and Gamestop were both sold out of Xbox One Xs, so I had steeled myself to wait longer.

But then the manager at Gamestop was informed that they had one Scorpio edition left so ... :3

Bendz

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Loving this thread. Feels good to have some positivity around the Xbox platform. Positive gaming FTW.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'd be interested in how you like Zoo tycoon, I vaguely remember trying the demo ages ago, but never gave it a second thought, wonder if my 3 year old may dig it, (she loves FH3 Hotwheels).

So far, I love it. Played all of the tutorial missions and the first campaign mission and I can't explain in words how much joy this game gives me. When I play it, it really makes me happy. It looks amazing on the X, everything is so cute and cuddly. The animals are fantastic animated and everything around is is really well made.
Of course, it maybe isn't the deepest building sim available and how you build your park with placing everything in these circular bubbles is something you need to getting used to first (Cause it isn't quite how a Zoo looks) but the pure amount of Animals, how lovely it looks and plays and how this game is structured in the challenge mode is more than enough to recommend it.
As example because I mentioned the challenge mode, that you need to create several Zoos on several continents, like building a Zoo in Afrika and building a Zoo in Japan to being able of transferring a Japan exclusive animal to your Zoo in Afrika is a fantastic and deep enough feature that is also completely new for the Ultimate Collection, to get me invested for a long time. Great idea. :)

I heard it still has a few bugs and sometimes crashes but I personally had no problems so far.

12.11.2017_00-31-32.png

12.11.2017_00-31-52.png

12.11.2017_00-33-09.png

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a pretty solid experience so far, but did experience a couple games not launching. I attribute it to strange behavior I experienced while moving games around with external drives.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't hold out any longer and picked one up today as they restocked at my local bestbuy.
Pretty fucking excited to honest! (^_____^)

More than likely going to be my primary console now, with my load-ass (though aesthetically gorgeous) white PS4 Pro merely for exclusives

Can't wait to replay Titanfall 2 and Halo 5 campaigns on it!

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Dogital Foundry would do a video on what video settings to use. There seem to be a lot of confusion whether to have PC RGB on and the allow YCC422. My TV supports full RGB but I'm hearing reports not to use it as it crushes blacks.

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado USA
I have my games installed on a 1TB external hard drive and when I'm playing a game it keeps crashing to the dashboard and telling me my 'external drive is ready.' I also get this notification randomly while at idle at the dashboard. Anyone else have this problem or know why this is happening to me?

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
The X couldn't find any wireless networks after a few days. I plugged in an Ethernet cable and it connected. Weird.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
I have my games installed on a 1TB external hard drive and when I'm playing a game it keeps crashing to the dashboard and telling me my 'external drive is ready.' I also get this notification randomly while at idle at the dashboard. Anyone else have this problem or know why this is happening to me?

Sounds like an issue with your external? I have a 5TB I store my games on and a 2TB SSD with the games I'm playing right now both hooked up. Haven't had any problems.

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Dogital Foundry would do a video on what video settings to use. There seem to be a lot of confusion whether to have PC RGB on and the allow YCC422. My TV supports full RGB but I'm hearing reports not to use it as it crushes blacks.
Thats a great suggestion. I think there are a couple of DF staff who are members here who provide additional comment in DF threads. Maybe cross post this request into a DF thread?

Nick Trovato

Oct 31, 2017

Needs to be a USB 3.0 drive with at least 256GB available. Those are the only requirements that I'm aware of

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a rough estimate on the sales numbers yet?

Here in France I have seen 0 adverts on tv while every ad break there's something about the Switch. And they didn't hire promo dudes/gals once again in known supermarkets, I mean are they even trying?

It's been quiet from Sony on tv ads front too but at least they got some workforces pushing sales in stores. Same as Nintendo.

Nick Trovato

Oct 31, 2017
Appreciate your reply. Can you expand on what you said. My external HDD is USB 3.0 (1TB). Do I have to leave at least 256 GB available on it?

According to MS it needs at least that much to work properly - Maybe they are saying it needs to be at least a 256GB drive. Not sure. Couldn't hurt to check your free space though. Also are you using a USB hub or extender?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
man kotor looks amazing on xbox one x for a 15+ year old game. I just wish you can get rid of the black bars.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ok now I'm getting fucking pissed. I'm CONSTANTLY getting saved game errors while playing games and I'm getting the pop up saying to delete the local data. Its fucking locked up the system twice in the past hour. Wtf is going on!?

gar3

Oct 25, 2017
New Cumberland, PA USA
Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem playing digital games offline and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Received my Scorpio late last Tuesday but was able to set it all up. All my games and apps are on the new machine as well as my gamertag, I "homed" the Scorpio and "un-homed" my original Xbox One. Everything was fine and running smooth. Early Thursday morning FiOS went down for me and while my phone service came back up this morning the Internet is still not functioning. All my disc-based games play fine without issue but every single digital game will not boot. Scoprio asks me to Connect to Xbox Live in order to run the game. I've gone offline, I've unconnected the Ethernet cable (never even set-up for wireless in the first place), I've rebooted, hard rebooted, and everything in between. I was under the impression that since this was my "home" console I'd be able to play my digital games offline and while it is very rare for me to have Internet downtime I seem to be inflicted with a very bad situation regarding FiOS service at the moment. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

Nick Trovato

Oct 31, 2017
Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem playing digital games offline and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Received my Scorpio late last Tuesday but was able to set it all up. All my games and apps are on the new machine as well as my gamertag, I "homed" the Scorpio and "un-homed" my original Xbox One. Everything was fine and running smooth. Early Thursday morning FiOS went down for me and while my phone service came back up this morning the Internet is still not functioning. All my disc-based games play fine without issue but every single digital game will not boot. Scoprio asks me to Connect to Xbox Live in order to run the game. I've gone offline, I've unconnected the Ethernet cable (never even set-up for wireless in the first place), I've rebooted, hard rebooted, and everything in between. I was under the impression that since this was my "home" console I'd be able to play my digital games offline and while it is very rare for me to have Internet downtime I seem to be inflicted with a very bad situation regarding FiOS service at the moment. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can. Live and Game Pass can be gifted.
Didn't know. This is great.
Mhhhhhh is that US only or do we get the same prices in Germany? If not, how does the region change work? Just changing the country? Can i immediately change back? I read you can only do it once in a few months?
Beside Hardware, the deals will be global. But prices and offerings may differ slightly from region to region.

SavageCobra

Oct 27, 2017

I had that issue a couple of months ago. Everytime it says "external drive is ready" it's because it's disconnecting and reconnecting and that's also why the game crashes. I had to replace the USB cable on my external and it's been fine since then.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So far, I love it. Played all of the tutorial missions and the first campaign mission and I can't explain in words how much joy this game gives me. When I play it, it really makes me happy. It looks amazing on the X, everything is so cute and cuddly. The animals are fantastic animated and everything around is is really well made.
Of course, it maybe isn't the deepest building sim available and how you build your park with placing everything in these circular bubbles is something you need to getting used to first (Cause it isn't quite how a Zoo looks) but the pure amount of Animals, how lovely it looks and plays and how this game is structured in the challenge mode is more than enough to recommend it.
As example because I mentioned the challenge mode, that you need to create several Zoos on several continents, like building a Zoo in Afrika and building a Zoo in Japan to being able of transferring a Japan exclusive animal to your Zoo in Afrika is a fantastic and deep enough feature that is also completely new for the Ultimate Collection, to get me invested for a long time. Great idea. :)

I heard it still has a few bugs and sometimes crashes but I personally had no problems so far.

Great write up thanks Edge, My little girl has come down witha fever so I may keep her from kindergarten and we can have a look in gamestop or mediamarkt for a cheap copy to play from a "sickness fort" tomorrow :)

[edit] Also as a question to the wider group, we have a FH:3 club (in game) setup or did it get "lost" in the move?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Great write up thanks Edge, My little girl has come down witha fever so I may keep her from kindergarten and we can have a look in gamestop or mediamarkt for a cheap copy to play from a "sickness fort" tomorrow :)

Uh, when you look for a cheap copy, make sure you buy this:

xb1_zoo_tycoon_remastered.jpg

And NOT this:

10817181-1370901088-394263.jpg

Cause the second picture is the old version and this hasn't got the new content nor the 4K Xbox One X patch and won't get it in the future at all.

Normally, games get patched and everything but Zoo Tycoon got a completely new release instead like a week ago and the old version will not be supported anymore. So watch out.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Uh, when you look for a cheap copy, make sure you buy this:

xb1_zoo_tycoon_remastered.jpg

And NOT this:

10817181-1370901088-394263.jpg

Cause the second picture is the old version and this hasn't got the new content nor the 4K Xbox One X patch and won't get it in the future at all.

Normally, games get patched and everything but Zoo Tycoon got a completely new release instead like a week ago and the old version will not be supported anymore. So watch out.

Good point, thanks again :)

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Mhhhhhh is that US only or do we get the same prices in Germany? If not, how does the region change work? Just changing the country? Can i immediately change back? I read you can only do it once in a few months?
You dont migrate your account to a different region. You just switch the shop region ;)

Origins for 20€ or so should be possible :P

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
Hi all,

Did you start any of the non-working games on the new console (with internet) before you got disconnected?

You have to actually START the game on the new console for it to get an offline license. It's what happens when you get "Preparing to start..". This also applies if you use External USB to move it between consoles (so they know you're not cloning games across multiple systems for offline play).

Deleted member 17361

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in this thread have a samsung KS8000? Curious to hear impressions on how the X looks on it, won't be able to get my 1x till January

gar3

Oct 25, 2017
New Cumberland, PA USA
Did you start any of the non-working games on the new console (with internet) before you got disconnected?

You have to actually START the game on the new console for it to get an offline license. It's what happens when you get "Preparing to start..". This also applies if you use External USB to move it between consoles (so they know you're not cloning games across multiple systems for offline play).
I... did not know that. I guess that's why I saw "Preparing to Start" a few times before FiOS went down. Thanks for the news. Wow, once the Internet comes back up I'm going to have a lot of games to boot :-/

Last edited:

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This user has been warned for derailing the thread with console war nonsense.
This thread is great. Just dont go into the DF threads with comparisons with the Pro. :D

It's in those threads where it gets exposed that the X1X is not the "true 4k" console touted by Spencer.

Also by Spencer:

"When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that."

Every game coming to the xbox one x that uses the very same fake 4k bashed by Phil is reason for immense discussion.

I personally enjoy calling out companies on their bullshit.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped myself from buying one yesterday. My Best Buy had about 30 stacked up. Was hard to walk away lol

Sherbert

Oct 27, 2017
It's in those threads where it gets exposed that the X1X is not the "true 4k" console touted by Spencer.

Also by Spencer:

"When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that."

Every game coming to the xbox one x that uses the very same fake 4k bashed by Phil is reason for immense discussion.

I personally enjoy calling out companies on their bullshit.
You should try going outside sometime; they're just games.