Status
Not open for further replies.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
NHL 18 looks so much better now. Wow.
That was a game I typically play on ps4 and the difference on Xbox X before this patch was staggering. It was jaggy city.
Looks great now.

Anybody know what all the improvements are?

Last edited:

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people keep trying to compare this game to Early Access Ark? Why not compare it some of the games that started off rough and improved? Those games exist.

I feel like if you're comparing the two, you likely haven't played either of them. The performance isn't even almost similar.

Same goes for if you're comparing Early Access to final release Ark; it's not perfect by any means but it is night and day different than Day One Early Access.

Yeah I always wonder the same. I love Ark, but it's hardly the shining example of a polished title on any platform. To me that speaks more about the studio than the early access programs.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Maybe it's just me but I think Wolfenstein looks glorious on the X. Anya's character model is probably the only awful looking thing in the game.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
If it wasn't already posted:

"Redout Lightspeed Edition now runs at 60fps and 4k on Xbox One X"

Native 4K, with an adaptive scaler to help on two tracks that seemed caused problems in testing (which were also the tracks I ran into drops on when I first played). It sounds like there have been post-patch improvements now, even since I played. I think this game is now my jam.

Neat! I love WipEout, need to check this out!!

Is Redout good? I need a new arcade racer.

Maybe it's just me but I think Wolfenstein looks glorious on the X. Anya's character model is probably the only awful looking thing in the game.

Game is great. Game looks great.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Game play in Wolfenstein 2 stinks, can't stand it.

The last boss in Gears 3 goes on forever, I thought I beat it 3 separate times.

Ayrtonsenna84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is my first PES Game 7 years later. PES 18 looks realy gorgeous in 4K. The game is a real Football Simulation but it takes 5 minutes to find someone in online lobies.

The licence Problem is also very annoying and there is no way to solve the problem on Xbox since MS don't allow for third party patches.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is exactly what people aid about Ark, look how that turned out. Just because the game is unfinished doesn't mean it should be this bad.
Is the game "bad"? This term would address gameplay mechanics or story or fun-factor for me. Besides of story - because there is none - people seem to like the other factors ... If we talk about production quality and readiness thats another story but thats why the game is in "game preview". It is supposed to be a bug fest, it is in an alpha status after all. I only bought one preview game and that was Astroneers. That game was buggy as hell and I played hours over hours because it was fun at the time. Game has improved quite a bit since then but still in game preview.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Less than a month till forza 3! Looking forward to it more than Xmas. Now we need an expansion pass sale.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in mood to play Batman games on X with improved performance. I read that Batman: Return to Arkham uses dynamic resolution up to 1080p. What about Batman Arkham Knight? Is it still locked to 900p? Anyone get to run either on X yet?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in mood to play Batman games on X with improved performance. I read that Batman: Return to Arkham uses dynamic resolution up to 1080p. What about Batman Arkham Knight? Is it still locked to 900p? Anyone get to run either on X yet?

Arkham Knight at 4k would be something to see. But pretty sure its not happening though.

Last edited:

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just saying I doubt that PUBG will get anywhere near it needs to be before it leaves Game Preview, considering they consider the current PC build release worthy should be all anyone needs to know.
If it wasn't already posted:

"Redout Lightspeed Edition now runs at 60fps and 4k on Xbox One X"

Native 4K, with an adaptive scaler to help on two tracks that seemed caused problems in testing (which were also the tracks I ran into drops on when I first played). It sounds like there have been post-patch improvements now, even since I played. I think this game is now my jam.
Wait so is it actually a solid 60 now? I will definitely buy it if so!

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Just saying I doubt that PUBG will get anywhere near it needs to be before it leaves Game Preview, considering they consider the current PC build release worthy should be all anyone needs to know.

Wait so is it actually a solid 60 now? I will definitely buy it if so!

Have you played on the test servers? The performance is much improved on newest build.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Found a Fallout 4 video with mods. Its only in 1080p, but its the forest area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSxT37Ke63U
I don't use mods, but maybe I will :))

Also, keep in mind that in a few days the xmas marketplace discounts will be announced. I'd advise to keep your happy trigger finger on hold, especially on games that are out months, as we should see some deals.
(example: Redout just had a patch, never has been discounted)

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I definitely felt that it looked good the whole way through, but didn't find it all that interesting to play until I stopped playing the game stealthy. Once I started going guns blazing, I started to have more fun.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York

Arkham City runs at a really good framerate on the X since it's unlocked. It's usually 60fps now with occasional slight dips when flying around busy areas. Arkham Origins now runs at a steady 30fps most of the time as well.

Oct 26, 2017
I switched over to aggressive when the patch landed. Can't tell the differensiert and it's a game that needs fast and smooth framerate.

Aggressive definitely for the best framerate, if you don't mind frame drops you can't go wrong with any though.

Yeah same here. I tried it last week and it was the early part of the game and i couldn't tell an immediate difference at all. So even later on you don't notice it? I might just go for aggressive too then. So none of the modes are 1080p and definitely higher but I notice 1080p instantly.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
here are different modes in Wolfenstein 2? Which are these? havent installed the game yet
Was added in the latest patch, you can change the resolution between native 4K, dynamic 4K and aggressive dynamic 4K. They don't change anything else besides resolution so performance varies wildly across all three, with aggressive dynamic turning in the smoothest performance.
Yeah same here. I tried it last week and it was the early part of the game and i couldn't tell an immediate difference at all. So even later on you don't notice it? I might just go for aggressive too then. So none of the modes are 1080p and definitely higher but I notice 1080p instantly.
I was reading earlier in the thread that Aggressive can drop down to around 1600p I think it was. With the TAA the resolution difference isn't huge, there is a clarity boost if you turn off dynamic resolution all together but the smooth performance in aggressive is far more noticeable to me. I wouldn't want to play the game without the Aggressive mode.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Was added in the latest patch, you can change the resolution between native 4K, dynamic 4K and aggressive dynamic 4K. They don't change anything else besides resolution so performance varies wildly across all three, with aggressive dynamic turning in the smoothest performance.

I was reading earlier in the thread that Aggressive can drop down to around 1600p I think it was. With the TAA the resolution difference isn't huge, there is a clarity boost if you turn off dynamic resolution all together but the smooth performance in aggressive is far more noticeable to me. I wouldn't want to play the game without the Aggressive mode.
Comparing the demos on both X and Pro though, and even with Aggressive selected, the Pro version still has the obvious better performance and doesn't have the weird artefacts you get on X. Right now it's a no brainer for me to easily take the Pro version over the X version and that's sadly ridiculous. It shouldn't be like this. I was close to buying on Pro based on earlier experience but held off because I was hoping the X version would get patched, but post-patch and I'm still going Pro. I still believe things like this will soon be in the past though and we'll see much better use of X next year when devs get used to it.

One1stepahead

Oct 27, 2017
Comparing the demos on both X and Pro though, and even with Aggressive selected, the Pro version still has the obvious better performance and doesn't have the weird artefacts you get on X. Right now it's a no brainer for me to easily take the Pro version over the X version and that's sadly ridiculous. It shouldn't be like this. I was close to buying on Pro based on earlier experience but held off because I was hoping the X version would get patched, but post-patch and I'm still going Pro. I still believe things like this will soon be in the past though and we'll see much better use of X next year when devs get used to it.

We are the only one that mention the artefacts with the X version. Bethesda broke Wolfenstein 2 on the X, framerate got better but that's about it. Digital Foundry should look into it again.

Oh hell no! Just played Wolfenstein 2 with the latest patch... :(

Framerate is smoother on "Agressive" but there is lot of flickering and a weird blur effect when you slowly turn the camera and look at the walls. It's really obvious in chapter 1. It looks awfull. The PS4 version doesn't do this!

Last edited:

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the newBF1 maps... again, how did this game go unpatched? I mean, it runs perfectly smooth 60 now, but at least give us 1080...

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Playing the newBF1 maps... again, how did this game go unpatched? I mean, it runs perfectly smooth 60 now, but at least give us 1080...
It's probably the most frustrating and weird things for 1X. Makes no sense why DICE are holding off. They had a recent content push, which would have been a great time. Hell, we even had to wait ages for Destiny 2 to appear but it did in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.