• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Well, I just got me a physical copy of Project Zero 2/Fatal Frame 2, so I'd love to see that added in the next OG Xbox batch, even though I'm not sure that could happen because of the series' current ties to Nintendo. It was a decent price for a brand new copy as well, so I'd probably double dip on digital. Come on, Tecmo.

Oh, and NG2 while you're at it, thanks!

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am having a very annoying issue. If anyone has a similar experience or fix, that would be great!

SO I have been playing through Half Life 2 in the orange box recently. On the last level of the game. (Where the gravity gun becomes blue and you can pick up people with it.) There is a moment in this level, where the moment myself or an object I throw, crosses this invisible line, the game freezes and puts out this very loud annoying audio. I have to go home and quit out of the game and re launch to have anything in the game be responsive.

I have tried playing this section 6 different times. Resetting the xbox in between, etc. Same thing happens every time. Guess I am never finishing Half Life 2 on this play through haha

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
I am having a very annoying issue. If anyone has a similar experience or fix, that would be great!

SO I have been playing through Half Life 2 in the orange box recently. On the last level of the game. (Where the gravity gun becomes blue and you can pick up people with it.) There is a moment in this level, where the moment myself or an object I throw, crosses this invisible line, the game freezes and puts out this very loud annoying audio. I have to go home and quit out of the game and re launch to have anything in the game be responsive.

I have tried playing this section 6 different times. Resetting the xbox in between, etc. Same thing happens every time. Guess I am never finishing Half Life 2 on this play through haha

Are you playing on an actual 360 or X1 via BC?

Oct 25, 2017
China

I've had that crash with the loud noise before, can't say it was Half Life for sure but I know I did play it on XB1. Best thing to do is file a crash report to Microsoft I think they have a Twitter or Email you can report it to.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Playing on a Xbox One X via BC. Should have mentioned that

I was going to say I would upload my old save from the 360 to my One and chapter over to there and see if I could reproduce it, but there's currently a big snow storm going on here, and it took me two hours just to get home. I'm going to bed. Sorry.

If no one solves it before tomorrow and I manage to get off work, I'll do it tonight.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say I would upload my old save from the 360 to my One and chapter over to there and see if I could reproduce it, but there's currently a big snow storm going on here, and it took me two hours just to get home. I'm going to bed. Sorry.

If no one solves it before tomorrow and I manage to get off work, I'll do it tonight.
Much appreciated if you can get around to it at any point! Stay safe.

Let me try to find a walkthrough of the level in question and I can time stamp the exact spot. (I'm worried its my specific save file and my only other game is at the beginning of the game. lol)

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
No new games for today.

Since we haven't had any new games this month that were announced on a Tuesday, I'm just going to switch to Thursdays from now on.

Oct 27, 2017
8 for the entire month. Not bad really, especially since they always start late in January.

EDIT: Err, unless they have more to announce on Thursday. Almost forgot that Thursday is still January. Lol.

On the contrary, I would venture to say that this is on track to be the least productive January for the program yet and, arguably, the weakest. 8 would be the lowest number of games added from any January, counting from 2016, 2017, and 2018. Not to mention that one of them was a game that was known to be arriving for nearly four months in AC 6. The latest any January's first announcement has been was the program's first January in 2016, on the 21st, back when they would add games in single waves.

January 2016 had a total of 10, all on one day, back before they shifted from a single day drop to Tuesdays and Wednesdays:
Aegis Wing
Age of Booty
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
Skullgirls: Encore
Small Arms
Soul Calibur
Space Giraffe
Witcher 2

January 2017 had a total of 19, comfortably the January with the most games added, and I think among the best single months the program's ever had:
Battlefield 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Scrap Metal
The Splatters
Strania
Beatn Groovy
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Midway Arcade Origins
Mutant Storm Empire
Tekken 6
Alice: Madness Returns
Rocket Knight
Shadows of the Damned
JUJU
Mad Tracks
Stuntman Ignition

January 2018 had a total of 11, tied with this January for earliest date that compatible games started, beginning on the 10th:
Driver: San Francisco
Far Cry 2
Sniper Elite V2
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Plainwalkers
" " 2013
" " 2014
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Split/Second
The Darkness 2
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Spec Ops: The Line

Not the most encouraging indicator for the rest of the year's pace. Here's hoping for some more games from my list getting crossed off.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
On the contrary, I would venture to say that this is on track to be the least productive January for the program yet and, arguably, the weakest. 8 would be the lowest number of games added from any January, counting from 2016, 2017, and 2018. Not to mention that one of them was a game that was known to be arriving for nearly four months in AC 6. The latest any January's first announcement has been was the program's first January in 2016, on the 21st, back when they would add games in single waves.

January 2016 had a total of 10, all on one day, back before they shifted from a single day drop to Tuesdays and Wednesdays:

January 2017 had a total of 19, comfortably the January with the most games added, and I think among the best single months the program's ever had:

January 2018 had a total of 11, tied with this January for earliest date that compatible games started, beginning on the 10th:

Not the most encouraging indicator for the rest of the year's pace. Here's hoping for some more games from my list getting crossed off.
Damn, I forgot how good we had it. Okay, 8 isn't a good indicator for the rest of the year. Here's hoping it can get the total number to at least 10 on Thursday.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
One thing I was thinking about with BC games is that with new machine learning texture upgrade methods is that if Microsoft will jump in and upgrade some of the bc games with new textures. They'd probably have to start with their own games due to publishing issues but if it's popular it would be nice to play some of the older games with more than just resolution upgrades.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
That's be amazing, and yeah not outside the realm of possibility.

Might be more likely a feature they'd work on for next gen rather than Xbox One, though. Certainly the performance headroom for 360 BC and especially oXbox BC on next gen hardware will give them a lot more wiggle room for improvements.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
TOO HUMAN = UP COMING GAMES WITH GOLD !! I CALLED IT (well just now)!

giphy.gif

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Huh. Wonder if ms worked out a deal with epic to be able to make too human backwards compatible. Ms were the publishers of too human correct?

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
BTW .. why would a sponsored "product placement" game be back compat? Does that mean we can expect the Burger King games too?

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Binary Domain is on sale... I always wanted to check it out but dont want to gamble the $10 and it not come to BC... I wish I kneeeeeeeewwww!!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
BTW .. why would a sponsored "product placement" game be back compat? Does that mean we can expect the Burger King games too?
Sneak King was on that list too. Couldn't fit it in tweet and it doesn't have a proper store listing

Doritos Crash course came or didn't it?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I've just bought Sneak King from eBay,
Worth a go as it was region locked for 360, so could never grab the cheevs

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Too Human can't happen legally, surely- wasn't it required that it and X-Men Destiny have their source codes deleted?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too Human can't happen legally, surely- wasn't it required that it and X-Men Destiny have their source codes deleted?
They had to recall and destroy all unsold copies. Something could've been worked out between MS and Epic. My guess is if it does become BC, then it will only be availabe to people who own the physical disc and won't be sold digitally to new users. Or if it is listed on the digital marketplace to be sold, Epic will get 70 to 100 percent of the profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.