• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
C'mon MS, give me some OG Xbox titles!
GnIY-fuIzRlJWHKrLK9YB8HU65A=.gif

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Barrel Cannon Thanks! Yeah, it's a nice cover. It's a nice thing to have. Hopefully it gets added at some point.

As to your other suggestion, unfortunately my Xbox finally gave up the ghost last year :( I keep thinking about grabbing another one, but honestly I'd rather get these games in the BC catalog.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Barrel Cannon Thanks! Yeah, it's a nice cover. It's a nice thing to have. Hopefully it gets added at some point.

As to your other suggestion, unfortunately my Xbox finally gave up the ghost last year :( I keep thinking about grabbing another one, but honestly I'd rather get these games in the BC catalog.

The cost to fix it might not be worth it, but I'd open it up and take a look if you have a torx screwdriver if I were you. Sometimes it's simple fix.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
VG Tech framerate tests the first Castlevania Lords of Shadow on Xbox One and Xbox One X:

Game used to be uncapped but rarely came beoynd 30 fps, it used to dip like hell down to the twenties and even under (lovely 14fps anyone?!), on the One family it's capped at 30. On One/S it's fairly close to 30, but falls into the mid 20s, while X nails it to the 30 mark.

Framerate stats here: http://bit.ly/2Kl0fCJ

Nov 18, 2017
VG Tech framerate tests the first Castlevania Lords of Shadow on Xbox One and Xbox One X:

Game used to be uncapped but rarely came beoynd 30 fps, it used to dip like hell down to the twenties and even under (lovely 14fps anyone?!), on the One family it's capped at 30. On One/S it's fairly close to 30, but falls into the mid 20s, while X nails it to the 30 mark.

Framerate stats here: http://bit.ly/2Kl0fCJ

In work so cant watch the vid but that's very disappointing that it has a cap on BC release. action games obviously benefit greatly from 60 fps. seeing as its a cap that's been retroactively added maybe the frame pacing issues on stock xbox hardware were too noticeable.

Give it another 6 hours and then check again.

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
In work so cant watch the vid but that's very disappointing that it has a cap on BC release. action games obviously benefit greatly from 60 fps. seeing as its a cap that's been retroactively added maybe the frame pacing issues on stock xbox hardware were too noticeable.

Give it another 6 hours and then check again.
The VG Tech guy says it helps the framepacing issues, and my guess is maybe since the 360 only managed to reach 45fps at one point maybe shows that it won't be a 60fps lock on X either. May aswell remove it then.

Oct 27, 2017
The VG Tech guy says it helps the framepacing issues, and my guess is maybe since the 360 only managed to reach 45fps at one point maybe shows that it won't be a 60fps lock on X either. May aswell remove it then.

Have any other games capped the framerate? Gta4 is quite famous for being unlocked on Xbox One X and the uneven framerate is pretty jarring. I'd love the option to cap it at 30fps when using backwards compatibility.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have any other games capped the framerate? Gta4 is quite famous for being unlocked on Xbox One X and the uneven framerate is pretty jarring. I'd love the option to cap it at 30fps when using backwards compatibility.
One simple way would be to force the console to output 30 Hz, it may work and most TVs should support it.
It would be interesting to know how the game would react.

For example with 120 Hz in 1080p, some games with double buffering like Cities Skylines can render at 40 FPS instead of 30 when 60 is not possible.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chances of Goldeneye 007 Reloaded ever making it?

Stranger things have happened in backwards compatibility-land, but I assume it's a tough licensing issue. These kind of major franchise movie-based games tend to have the licenses all over the place, possibly at multiple different companies and likely conceded as temporary licenses too. I don't see them going through such annoyances.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Assassins Creed 3 had a cap added as well if I recall, Crysis 1 also now has a 30FPS cap. Whether these are implemented or side effects of the emulation vsync is unclear.

Nov 18, 2017
While we're playing the 'what chance' game, how about:

- lollipop chainsaw?
- anarchy reigns?

Would love both of these, lollipop chainsaw i wouldnt lose any sleep over if it never happens but Anarchy Reigns deserves to make the jump, just for that badass ost alone!

For me id love to see

-Syndicate
-Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
-The Darkness

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
We really need the OG Xbox version of Splinter Cell Double Agent.

That version of the game playable on a modern platform and in high res for the first time. Would be too fuckin sweet.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
We really need the OG Xbox version of Splinter Cell Double Agent.

That version of the game playable on a modern platform and in high res for the first time. Would be too fuckin sweet.
Yep!

Chaos Theory is at least somewhat feasible, since it's already available as an Xbox Original for 360.

I think all the oXbox games made BC so far have been available as Xbox Originals prior to being made BC.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Yep!

Chaos Theory is at least somewhat feasible, since it's already available as an Xbox Original for 360.

I think all the oXbox games made BC so far have been available as Xbox Originals prior to being made BC.
Was Mercenaries? That game had significant issues with the 360 emulator, though I've no idea if that was just for the disc.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished RDRs main story mode.
Kinda bummed about the ending tbh, aside from that.
Im using the GOTY edition disc that comes with undead nightmare
how do i play undead nightmare? do i have to grab the other disc?

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017

Just watched this video, would be really sad if what he predicts is true being that the OG Xbox games program is already dead.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's the cycle of Xbox BC.

- Wow awesome selection of new releases, I hope they do xxxx next!
- How long has it been since the last release? Is there any news?
- It's been months now, what's happened to BC?
- I think it's safe now to call BC dead..
- Wow awesome new releases! I hope they do xxxx next!

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
No offense to the guy, but it's quite premature (for anyone) to be making uneducated assumptions regarding any form of "BC being dead" just yet.

While I agree with you there I do think he still has a point. It seems to be more of a marketing and bounce back move from Microsoft to get attention.

I hope I'm wrong though, I want as many cool OG Xbox games as we can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.