• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
I just got done going through the first 3 levels of Blacklist and it pains me to say that this game is "of an era" and doesn't hold up as much as i remembered lol. Which is a shame considering on this very thread i was championing it to become BC months ago. Its so damn linear with the AI having canned patterns depending on which way you go and they even set you up for some really cliche encounters (like that dog early on). Theres no room for any sort of sand-boxy AI fun, which is what the first 3 games definitely pioneered in. Its also way to easy even on Realistic. Im basically one shoting people with my run-n-knife plan of attack. And that chase sequence from the blowing up building felt very last-gen in terms of design.

I loved this game back when it came out and have all the cheevo's, but damn have we've come along way from 2013 haha.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just got done going through the first 3 levels of Blacklist and it pains me to say that this game is "of an era" and doesn't hold up as much as i remembered lol. Which is a shame considering on this very thread i was championing it to become BC months ago. Its so damn linear with the AI having canned patterns depending on which way you go and they even set you up for some really cliche encounters (like that dog early on). Theres no room for any sort of sand-boxy AI fun, which is what the first 3 games definitely pioneered in. Its also way to easy even on Realistic. Im basically one shoting people with my run-n-knife plan of attack. And that chase sequence from the blowing up building felt very last-gen in terms of design.

I loved this game back when it came out and have all the cheevo's, but damn have we've come along way from 2013 haha.
When was the last time you played the first 3? I would never use the term sandbox to describe splinter cell. They've always been pretty linear.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I was playing silent hill hd collection earlier. Loving it but then i discovered something. The game doesnt allow you to upload game dvr clips to xbox live. I wanted to send a mate a video but nope. Can only save and view it on my xbox.

Have you come across this on other games? Whats the reason for this? Konami??

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing silent hill hd collection earlier. Loving it but then i discovered something. The game doesnt allow you to upload game dvr clips to xbox live. I wanted to send a mate a video but nope. Can only save and view it on my xbox.

Have you come across this on other games? Whats the reason for this? Konami??

There's a few current gen games that do the same (Marvel VS Capcom, Yakuza) and it sucks.

Oct 28, 2017
When was the last time you played the first 3? I would never use the term sandbox to describe splinter cell. They've always been pretty linear.

The AI is mainly my major issue with the game. Its very one dimensional with them either being completely off or on in terms of their patterns. If there not standing there doing nothing, there shooting like rambo. Theres never a in-between. I remember playing with the AI in the original games allot with so many different moves and gadgets that it felt very sandboxy to me (especially co-op). Blacklist feels very much inspired from the Arkham games, with you just demolishing dudes with running and a press of a button. It also doesnt help that each area feels like its own little combat arena, that the game blocks you off of with a door opening animation that prevents you from going back at all.

Blacklist is is totally fun when your doing well, im just amazed at how much a game from 2013 feels like such a product of the time compared to how games are made today in 2018. And thats really been the biggest thing with Xbox One Backwards compatibility since its launch. Its how much the industry has changed. Black and Dead to Rights are examples of how much things have changed since two generations ago. Its just crazy to me that im getting a very specific vibe from a late 360 generation game that almost feels antiquated in 2018.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The AI is mainly my major issue with the game. Its very one dimensional with them either being completely off or on in terms of their patterns. If there not standing there doing nothing, there shooting like rambo. Theres never a in-between. I remember playing with the AI in the original games allot with so many different moves and gadgets that it felt very sandboxy to me (especially co-op). Blacklist feels very much inspired from the Arkham games, with you just demolishing dudes with running and a press of a button. It also doesnt help that each area feels like its own little combat arena, that the game blocks you off of with a door opening animation that prevents you from going back at all.

Blacklist is is totally fun when your doing well, im just amazed at how much a game from 2013 feels like such a product of the time compared to how games are made today in 2018. And thats really been the biggest thing with Xbox One Backwards compatibility since its launch. Its how much the industry has changed. Black and Dead to Rights are examples of how much things have changed since two generations ago. Its just crazy to me that im getting a very specific vibe from a late 360 generation game that almost feels antiquated in 2018.
I know what you mean.
Theres definitely 3 phases, though. Patrol, searching, and combat.

I still think its an amazing game. I'm playing through now, no kills on realistic. There are plenty of branching paths. The game gives you points when you find alternate routes. American consumption is the first level that starts to open up.

To me, the game is extremely fun to play as stealthily as possible and john wick style.
It's just as fun to figure out the path to ghost a room as it is to plan the most stylish and efficient way to kill everyone in the room as fast as possible.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Has there ever been a statement why the first The Darkness has never been made backwards compatible, while The Darkness II has made it? The Darkness is on PS now, too...

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been a statement why the first The Darkness has never been made backwards compatible, while The Darkness II has made it? The Darkness is on PS now, too...

It might be a licensing thing. If I remember correctly you could watch the entirety of To Kill a Mockingbird in-game. It's possible their license for it has expired and as such they can't sell the game unless they remove it, which is probably not worth the effort.

Just speculation on my part though.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
It might be a licensing thing. If I remember correctly you could watch the entirety of To Kill a Mockingbird in-game. It's possible their license for it has expired and as such they can't sell the game unless they remove it, which is probably not worth the effort.

Just speculation on my part though.

I thought the only reason that movie (and others) were in the game was it's a public domain movie, meaning that it has no copyrights, so licensing shouldn't be an issue. Then again, maybe there's some other license issue, perhaps with that song at the end.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
+1 for MGS HD, would be great to get that today!

Are we likely to ever get Lollipop Chainsaw or Anarchy Reigns? I'd like both of those still.

Would also like Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (I think unlikely), Tony Hawk HD (no chance), and Mortal Kombat 9. Also any other digital games I bought for my 360 and have forgotten about, ha!

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get why Capcom doesn't let them do Code Veronica. They have showed no indication on porting the game to current gen anyhow.

Because they might decide to at some point in the future, I seriously believe this is the real reason. Can't give anything for 'free'. I'm sure there are more but the only capcom titles in b/c I can think of are the dead rising spinoff games which are still exclusive to 360, so they legally probably can't port to other platforms. Hopefully ms/ Sony don't need permission for bc ever again. I think that will be the case for x1 games and forward, but it still makes me more reluctant to buy Capcom's games than say, ubisoft or ea.

tldr: Capcom sucks

ResidentDante

Nov 2, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Because they might decide to at some point in the future, I seriously believe this is the real reason. Can't give anything for 'free'. I'm sure there are more but the only capcom titles in b/c I can think of are the dead rising spinoff games which are still exclusive to 360, so they legally probably can't port to other platforms. Hopefully ms/ Sony don't need permission for bc ever again. I think that will be the case for x1 games and forward, but it still makes me more reluctant to buy Capcom's games than say, ubisoft or ea.

tldr: Capcom sucks
Capcom being greedy, I'm sure we'll see 4K ports of the whole RE saga again next gen and no BC. Hopefully MS and Sony have sorted license stuff, but I have my doubts with the music and car industry allowing it.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The following Xbox 360 games are now compatible on Xbox One:

-Prince of Persia (2008)
-Earth Defense Force 2025
-Sine Mora (strange, since the EX version has been on Xbox One for quite some time now)

GobHoblin

Oct 27, 2017
Prince of Persia, Earth Defense Force 2025 and SINE MORA are coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today.

Not how you spell MGS but I seem to recall Prince of Persia being pretty fun

Status
Not open for further replies.