• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
What the hell are we going to have to do to get Ninja Gaiden 2 on this list. :(

It simply may not be possible from a technical standpoint. Poor performance via the emulator or something. There may be nothing that can be done at this time so it's best to assume that and be pleasantly surprised if it ever shows up instead of pining for it every week in vain.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If only there was a way to make it happen. I recently replayed NGB and I really want to jump into 2 ASAP.

I was sure it was going to be released E3 week with a new wave of enhanced games. None of that happened. I still say they are working on it for the enhance program like they did with Crackdown.
If not, theres something wrong with the game and we might have to wait for a long time or just forget about it.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
even though I had it on PC, and I'd rather replay it after MW2 (which I have on 360 and PC), I just picked up a cheap 360 copy of MW3 for some XBL fun, assuming other people are digging it out. If not, i'll blast through the SP next long weekend

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
What's the point of having the disc of it's going to dowload the game from network?

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
So I downloaded MW3 and I'm pretty sure I had Elite back in the day but have no idea how to check or download the DLC if I did.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I downloaded MW3 and I'm pretty sure I had Elite back in the day but have no idea how to check or download the DLC if I did.

Press Menu (Start or Hamburger button) while highlighting Modern Warfare 3 > Manage Add On > Check the Ready to Install list to the left.

All of the DLC is technically in the main game download, each "DLC" is only 10MB which is nice (you still need those files to access them in the game, but it will allow you to download it quickly)

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect had an update, wonder what that was for.

Also, who do I need to beg to so that Armored Core For Answer gets added to BC?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MW3 was one of the most unbalanced shooters I've ever played, but that kinda made it fun. You could use all kinds of ridiculous weapon combos, get insane killstreaks in 5 seconds, quickscope like there's no tomorrow, and so on. It was dumb fun, not really as good as most CODs' multiplayer though. I'll definitely reinstall it.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
3 is awesome. New Vegas, I wouldn't bother with so much.
Hey, opinions and all, but I would say New Vegas is so much better than 3. Well written quests, good characters and interesting environments. It's got nuance to it that makes the BGS games feel somewhat lifeless and bland (and I still like 3 and 4). Definitely worth the time, moreso than 3.

Peckmore

Oct 31, 2017
But doesnt saving require online? Mine only ever seem to save to cloud instead of HDD and I dont see any way to change that.
No - saves are stored both on the console and in the cloud, and the Xbox will automatically handle the syncing for you.

So if you play offline you'll be using the saves from your Xbox directly. If/as/when you ever take the console back online your saves will then sync with the cloud.

Oct 25, 2017
No - saves are stored both on the console and in the cloud, and the Xbox will automatically handle the syncing for you.

So if you play offline you'll be using the saves from your Xbox directly. If/as/when you ever take the console back online your saves will then sync with the cloud.
I did some more testing (on both an x1s and an x1x). For my disc based BC games, I cannot play offline even after install with the disc inserted. Like it needs some form of server authentication for physical or something. Digital is without problem.

Here's what happens when I take my console offline and then try to play Halo 3 or Fable Anniversary (after inserting physical disc, both already installed and played previously):

6IIzSWkm.jpg
6db1roZm.jpg

Here's what Halo 5 looks like under save data, both a local save file and reserved space:
BRhbUmhl.jpg

Halo 3 has reserved space but shows no local save data:
EVsKzgwl.jpg

Take the console online and...it works!
CafeZP5m.jpg

Now I'm booting up Fable, but the only option to choose my save from is Cloud:
4NmOLktl.jpg

HOWEVER if I go offline again and open up a BC title that I bought digitally (no disc) then offline is great and works locally, including saves:
yhusJCEm.jpg

So disc based BC is only working online for me. Dat 2013 new xbox smell. Unfortunately now if I want to buy Fable Anniversary digitally they're still charging forty dollars for it, which isn't happening.

Last edited:

soul creator

Oct 27, 2017
BC doesn't require you to connect to the internet every 24 hours and doesn't need to have Kinect plugged in.

I know that, I just find it interesting when people have the realization that the disc doesn't have anything to do with running the game anymore when it comes to PS4/XB1, and that it's effectively only a license check. In the case of BC games, either the disc or your Xbox Live account is the license check.

It seems obvious, but I've also seen other people think that buying a physical disc for a game saves on hard drive space because they think it's similar to previous generations where the game is running off the disc.

"Why do I still need the disc inserted when the game is right there on the hard drive/being downloaded" was probably the exact question some MS Engineer asked themselves right before going down that path in 2013, which is the part that made me chuckle :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.