Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Got Far Cry 5 for roughly $3 in the Argentina store. It looks good (sans some kind of exaggerated HDR effects), but I found the shooting mechanics to be rather dull. Perhaps I was spoiler by years of Destiny and a full four-month quarantine playing COD Warzone...

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good prices, just picked up Far Cry 4 + Primal + Far Cry 3. I've been wanting to replay FC3 and this is probably better than running through the 360 version again and hard to pass up at just $3.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good prices, just picked up Far Cry 4 + Primal + Far Cry 3. I've been wanting to replay FC3 and this is probably better than running through the 360 version again and hard to pass up at just $3.
Oh, it's definitely way better. 1440p at a very solid 30FPS on XB1X.

Don't get me wrong, you'd hope to see native 4K/60fps out of a proper re-release, but it'll still be a lot better than the unenhanced BC version.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Should I wait to buy games or this will be the final price even with the Sumer game sale?

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Any update on this litebrite?

Maybe it was pushed?
Perhaps it was likely this Friday, and the sales will start leaking today?

Or perhaps it was pushed to next week to coincide with Xbox's big week.
Its anyone's guess really. Previous dates were:
Based on these I'd say next week is most plausible. Probably Thursday evening GMT time. I'll keep an eye out.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps it was likely this Friday, and the sales will start leaking today?

Or perhaps it was pushed to next week to coincide with Xbox's big week.
Based on these I'd say next week is most plausible. Probably Thursday evening GMT time. I'll keep an eye out.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Should I wait to buy games or this will be the final price even with the Sumer game sale?

If something catches your eye now I'd say go for it. There's a chance these games won't be on sale during the Summer Game Sale.

On the other hand, if you have limited funds and are on the fence, maybe just wait. Something you like more might be on sale during the summer game sale.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I seem to remember Xbox like having sales during events they hold, and we all know there's a big one next week so I'd have to say your guess is probably the highest of correctitiude (like at least 40 stacks high...).

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Got Far Cry 5 for roughly $3 in the Argentina store. It looks good (sans some kind of exaggerated HDR effects), but I found the shooting mechanics to be rather dull. Perhaps I was spoiler by years of Destiny and a full four-month quarantine playing COD Warzone...
Does it feel similar to 4? That's the thing that's holding me back is I hate the gunplay of 4.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the Summer Sale was this week, because I'm so tempted to get all the Far Cry games and the remaining Assassin Creed games I don't own in the meantime. I know I should wait though.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I wish the Summer Sale was this week, because I'm so tempted to get all the Far Cry games and the remaining Assassin Creed games I don't own in the meantime. I know I should wait though.
Why on earth would you wait? Especially the FC games have never been cheaper. The AC games probably wont hit new lows until Black Friday.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why on earth would you wait? Especially the FC games have never been cheaper. The AC games probably wont hit new lows until Black Friday.
Gotta agree with this. Those Far Cry prices are absurd.
Damn, ya'll ain't helping. LOL Now I really can't fight this temptation to get them.

Edit: Ok, I got good reason to wait because Forza Horizon 3 is likely to get delisted later this year and it's very possible it and all the DLC will be priced at it's very lowest during the Summer Sale.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

Generally digital game prices have nowhere to go but down. At some point though the savings are unlikely to justify waiting which you can argue is the case with a couple of the FC games. Like would a dollar or two off each really make a difference? If the answer is yes then wait.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Generally digital game prices have nowhere to go but down. At some point though the savings are unlikely to justify waiting which you can argue is the case with a couple of the FC games. Like would a dollar or two off each really make a difference? If the answer is yes then wait.
You're right and I know this that's why it's so tempting to jump on it now. I'm this close to say fuck it, and just get it.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Damn, ya'll ain't helping. LOL Now I really can't fight this temptation to get them.

Edit: Ok, I got good reason to wait because Forza Horizon 3 is likely to get delisted later this year and it's very possible it and all the DLC will be priced at it's very lowest during the Summer Sale.
The summer sale hasn't happened right? When is that? I got $5 expiring in August and I wanna cop dark souls 2

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Cracked for No Man's Sky. I wanted it for less, as it has been elsewhere, but I'm through with waiting. My guess is that I'd be waiting for another 6 months or so, so I just redeemed some bing bux.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
For anyone here who played Wildlands solo, how was it? Playing online with others isn't usually my thing.
It's okay. I like that you can customize your a.i partners but the gameplay loop can get repetitive. The game has a free trial that lets you play the full game for 5 hours so you might want to check that & see what you think.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I said fuck it and bought it. After never really playing Far Cry, I now own all of them and all of their DLC. The only two I'm missing is the BC Far Cry Classic and Far Cry Instincts Predator and I'll just wait till I get that on Games with Gold like I got Far Cry 2.

I've only ever beaten Assassin's Creed 2 on my Xbox 360 through Games with Gold, but I now own all the Assassin's Creeds and DLC.

OP
OP
MauroNL

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So I said fuck it and bought it. After never really playing Far Cry, I now own all of them and all of their DLC. The only two I'm missing is the BC Far Cry Classic and Far Cry Instincts Predator and I'll just wait till I get that on Games with Gold like I got Far Cry 2.

I've only ever beaten Assassin's Creed 2 on my Xbox 360 through Games with Gold, but I now own all the Assassin's Creeds and DLC.
See, that wasn't so hard šŸ¤Ŗ FYI Far Cry Classic has aged poorly having finished it recently. It has its charm but it is ancient in most regards. Its also strangely hard for some reason, but I got my $3 worth of fun from it.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Does it feel similar to 4? That's the thing that's holding me back is I hate the gunplay of 4.

I didnĀ“t finish Far Cry 4, since I got bored by it pretty quickly (and that was a long time ago; I played it on Xbox 360). I canĀ“t really remember how shooting felt in it, but Far Cry 5 does feel clearly inferior to the latest FPS I have been playing (COD 2019 / Warzone, Destiny 2, Doom Eternal). Not only that, but several of the mechanics feel extremely clunky.

I will give it another chance, though.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See, that wasn't so hard šŸ¤Ŗ FYI Far Cry Classic has aged poorly having finished it recently. It has its charm but it is ancient in most regards. Its also strangely hard for some reason, but I got my $3 worth of fun from it.
I couldn't believe how horrible the input lag on Far Cry 3 Classic was. Had to put it down after an hour. Just awful.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I didnĀ“t finish Far Cry 4, since I got bored by it pretty quickly (and that was a long time ago; I played it on Xbox 360). I canĀ“t really remember how shooting felt in it, but Far Cry 5 does feel clearly inferior to the latest FPS I have been playing (COD 2019 / Warzone, Destiny 2, Doom Eternal). Not only that, but several of the mechanics feel extremely clunky.

I will give it another chance, though.
Thanks! It is only 8 bucks but I think I'll pass. I have Deadly Premonition 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima anyways.