Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I think they would've announced it if that was the case though. The criticism has been their year 2021 and I see no reason why they wouldn't announce a 2021 game if so. Also my post isn't about 2021. My post is me being surprised they signed a AAA game because I thought they were moving all that in-house but clearly I was wrong which is cool. Now I'm wondering who it is.
Yeah I thought about that but still decided to write what I posted but yeah if it's a game launching in 2021 it would have been announced and shown in the July showcase but you never know. I guess that's my hope/wish coming through my post lol.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Yeah I thought about that but still decided to write what I posted but yeah if it's a game launching in 2021 it would have been announced and shown in the July showcase but you never know. I guess that's my hope/wish coming through my post lol.
The only games that might possibly launch in 2021 that haven't been announced by Xbox already would be Wolfenstein 3 and Starfield. And I think Starfield will launch in 2021.

Last edited:

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Ah gotcha. I'm really pumped to find out what this is because publishing projects have this exciting mystery to them since you don't know who's working on it and don't have much expectation. I think for next year Xbox needs to get Halo right and things should fall in place. I'm optimistic.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Ah gotcha. I'm really pumped to find out what this is because publishing projects have this exciting mystery to them since you don't know who's working on it and don't have much expectation. I think for next year Xbox needs to get Halo right and things should fall in place. I'm optimistic.
Well, as the post above yours said, if Wolfenstein 3 and Starfield are launching in 2021 then we could be looking at Halo, Wolf3, Starfield, and maybe Forza Motorsport. Add in smaller games/port like Flight Sim and Psychonaunt 2 and it could be a really good year for Xbox.

Jan 4, 2018
Previous Xbox Publishing games with 2nd-party partners:

- Quantum Break
- Ryse
- Sunset Overdrive
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Flight Simulator
- Tell Me Why
- Crackdown 3
- ReCore
- Killer Instinct ?
- State of Decay ?
- Forza Horizon ?
- Alan Wake ?

Edit:
- Super Lucky's Tale

Did I forget anything ?

Last edited:

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
ReCore 2 by Asobo or Phantom Dust by a 3rd party would be the kind of games I'm hoping for.

I'd take a new Crackdown by Sumo Digital as well.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine at this point Xbox Game Studios on working on everything more or less across different descriptions. When they arrive is what I want to know.

Oct 26, 2017

- Quantum Break
- Ryse
- Sunset Overdrive
- Flight Simulator
- Tell Me Why
- Crackdown 3
- ReCore
- Killer Instinct ?
- State of Decay ?
- Forza Horizon ?
- Alan Wake ?

Edit:
- Super Lucky's Tale

Did I forget anything ?

Dead Rising 3&4 were MS published originally, not sure if they count though.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- Quantum Break
- Ryse
- Sunset Overdrive
- Flight Simulator
- Tell Me Why
- Crackdown 3
- ReCore
- Killer Instinct ?
- State of Decay ?
- Forza Horizon ?
- Alan Wake ?

Edit:
- Super Lucky's Tale

Did I forget anything ?
Rush: A Disney*Pixar Adventure
Disneyland Adventures
Gears of War before MS bought the IP from Epic and created their own studio The Coalition to create more.
'
I can list more if you want.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Publishing means 2nd party which makes it interesting as there aren't many independent studios capable of making ambitious AAA games. People Can Fly and Techland have both added 2nd teams and Microsoft did visit Poland last year so those are my guesses. Initially people thought Microsoft was over there for aquisitions but since Techland has made it clear they're staying independent while PCF have offered an IPO, more likely were there for partnerships.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
You joke but I actually liked CD3 and think there's tons of room to build upon it

It wasn't even fully a joke. I really enjoyed my time with CD3, even though it isn't a masterpiece of a game. And the multiplayer was completely hampered by the cloud tech. If performance and QOL of the multiplayer would've been better, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Just, lock on shooting mechanics don't make for a very long lasting multiplayer experience on PC.

Meanwhile the campaign was a fun open world that just lacked some interaction and depth to it. The jumping around felt great.

Nov 1, 2017
Wake me up when it's "Xbox Game Studios Publishing is working on an exciting new 2D fighter that may or may not involve things that have an Instinct to Kill".

Seriously, the only thing i want from the publishing side of things is a new Killer Instinct. Throw money at people. Make it happen Phil. Or buy Netherrealm/Iron Galaxy and get them on the case as a first party.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Feels a bit redundant given they are buying a publisher that has some of the largest AAA WRPGs going. It isn't a genre I would have thought they'd need more investment in.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It doesn't mention open world anymore.

As Narrative Director on the Xbox Game Studios Publishing team, oversee all narrative-related elements for multiple XBOX first-party franchises, most recently the critically-acclaimed "Microsoft Flight Simulator" and other exciting new AAA titles yet to be announced.

Oct 25, 2017
Are there even that many independent studios that are both capable of making an AAA open-world game & willing to develop an exclusive?
Sumo, Crytek, and Bohemia are the only ones I can think of right now. I'm sure there are some others.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Acquisition Tryouts: 2021 Edition

Please be something unique! Something character-driven, narrative-based, etc.
(Good find by Klobrille.)