bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada

For those who don't know, XGS Publishing works with third party developers to create exclusives (for example, Moon Studios/Ori, Asobo Studio/MS Flight Sim, Remedy/Quantum Break, Insomniac/Sunset Overdrive, etc.)

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this like duh lol. They didn't buy these studios for nothing.

Uzupedro

May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
IpDAgCi.gif

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
sunset overdrive 2 by insomniac signed before Sony acquired them. Sony won't make it so fuck'em, come on MS you're my only hope.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Publishing?

Ok so thats interesting. The fact its AAA and open world should help narrow it down somewhat.

My money is on either Sumo Digital, something brand new. Only a matter of time before our resident detectives work it out from job listing.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I thought the focus shifted away from spending big on publishing to more internal content. Happy to be wrong and curious to find out the dev.

JohnLennon

Banned
May 16, 2020
some people don't realize XGS Publishing works with third-party developers to make exclusives for Xbox. So it's not included in the 23 studios Xbox already has, this is something else. Kind of like what they just did with DONTNOD and Tell Me Why.

Excited to see what they're working on, and who's developing this!

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I thought the focus shifted away from spending big on publishing to more internal content. Happy to be wrong and curious to find out the dev.
I mean, the majority of the games they showed in the July Showcase are from 2022 upwards. Apart from Halo and maybe Forza Motorsport, they don't have much coming out in 2021. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 2021 game.

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the majority of the games they showed in the July Showcase are from 2022 upwards. Apart from Halo and maybe Forza Motorsport, they don't have much coming out in 2021. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 2021 game.
I think they would've announced it if that was the case though. The criticism has been their year 2021 and I see no reason why they wouldn't announce a 2021 game if so. Also my post isn't about 2021. My post is me being surprised they signed a AAA game because I thought they were moving all that in-house but clearly I was wrong which is cool. Now I'm wondering who it is.