• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 78123

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 16, 2020
news.xbox.com

Inside Xbox Series X Optimized: Maneater - Xbox Wire

One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique capabilities of Xbox Series X, both for new titles built natively using the Xbox Series X development...

Q: Which enhancement were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Maneater on Xbox Series X?

A: Playing the game at a smooth 60 FPS on Console with 4K and higher fidelity assets is truly the way the game was meant to be played. So we're excited to be able to bring the definitive version of the game to the new generation. Additionally the work we're implementing for HDR and Ray Traced Water Reflections and Refractions adds a level of detail and information that transforms the lighting into something much more vibrant and realistic.

Maneater has RT.
It's a shame Microsoft removed RT from the box, we're not going to be able to enjoy it!

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
news.xbox.com

One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique capabilities of Xbox Series X, both for new titles built natively using the Xbox Series X development...

Maneater has RT.
It's a shame Microsoft removed RT from the box, we're not going to be able to enjoy it!
Such a shame :( The devs are gonna be so disappointed.

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
news.xbox.com

Maneater has RT.

Lemme guess: a new concern thread. Hopefully, the mods already closed it

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
DLC finally confirmed boys!
IllinformedCrazyIrishredandwhitesetter-max-1mb.gif

Indeed :D

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Asked this last night and never heard anything, so re-posting just in case any of you have insight :)

Any of you guys recommend the 8bitdo controller/clamp? I have an iPhone 11 but want to use it to stream from my local Xbox to my phone in bed. I also already have an 8bitdo SN30Pro (the same controller, just without the Xbox button) - will that just work? Can I just buy a clamp and connect it to my existing 8bitdo controller and it work the same way?

Nov 29, 2019
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Asked this last night and never heard anything, so re-posting just in case any of you have insight :)

Any of you guys recommend the 8bitdo controller/clamp? I have an iPhone 11 but want to use it to stream from my local Xbox to my phone in bed. I also already have an 8bitdo SN30Pro (the same controller, just without the Xbox button) - will that just work? Can I just buy a clamp and connect it to my existing 8bitdo controller and it work the same way?

Hey, I saw Lamar Wilson doing some kind of review of it (I guess)

It was a video about XCloud, IIRC

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Is AC Origins getting any improvement on Series X?
I have not played an AC game since Unity and I like Origins setting way more than Odyssey and Valhalla.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
I'm just curious, why do we think Xbox Brazil waited so long to essentially confirm that the Xbox is coming out the same day there as the rest of the world? Am I out of the loop on something?

Jul 10, 2020
I'm just curious, why do we think Xbox Brazil waited so long to essentially confirm that the Xbox is coming out the same day there as the rest of the world? Am I out of the loop on something?
There's some really shitty things going on Xbox Brazil that I hope Microsoft works out internally across the board. It's a bit of a bummer what happened and reflects poorly on the Xbox Brand.

However, when the racist Mixer lady was fired earlier this year, I have faith that even if it takes time, Microsoft will do the right thing about rooting out toxicity and shitheads.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Just legal reasons. They confirmed as much shortly after the main preorder day. There were things that they still had to work out in Brazil and they didn't want to say anything until it was all finalized. But they were hopeful they could make launch and they'd let people know when it was official.

And so has that happened.

There's some really shitty things going on Xbox Brazil that I hope Microsoft works out internally across the board. It's a bit of a bummer what happened and reflects poorly on the Xbox Brand.
That's a different matter, and indeed something that needs to be addressed. I'm sure the situation is more complicated than we see on the surface (and we may never know exactly how this gets resolved), but there's definitely indications of a culture that is at odds with the Xbox mothership. And seeing as how I prefer the culture of the mothership, the mothership should probably get her kid ships in line.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I have never done a new game plus. What is the allure of this? Do you just play the full game through again, but its much easier and faster because you are OP?

For me the appeal is:
- Play again with all of the Jack upgrades unlocked (changes approach to encounters)
- My first playthrough was on a 1080p SDR TV and I just upgraded to a Sony X900H. So I'm looking forward to playing the entire thing through with the new visual enhancements.
- Chance to do my collectibles trophy run, I never do this on first playthrough because its distracting to me.
- I genuinely liked the game and wouldn't mind playing it again.

As far as difficulty, I'm not terribly good and always play on Veteran. No interest in Insane or Iron Man and I doubt having the Jack upgrades will feel very OP, they're all situational.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020

However, when the racist Mixer lady was fired earlier this year, I have faith that even if it takes time, Microsoft will do the right thing about rooting out toxicity and shitheads.
Seen a lot of sketchy stuff about Xbox Brazil in terms of community relations and really hoping they work through that. Some of the headlines I saw were unacceptable, though I don't know enough on the topic to go in depth.
Just legal reasons. They confirmed as much shortly after the main preorder day. There were things that they still had to work out in Brazil and they didn't want to say anything until it was all finalized. But they were hopeful they could make launch and they'd let people know when it was official.

And so has that happened.
Wow, that must have been a little nerve-racking for a lot of those who preordered and didn't know when they'd even get their console. Very happy that it has been resolved. Now we can all look forward to that one day, together :P

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
new game + will be helpful as I havent got all the upgrades yet and it would be too much of a slog to regrab ones I've already got.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
How come no one is talking about the new controller colors ?? I think I might be getting a white one or blue.. I can't decide

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
How come no one is talking about the new controller colors ?? I think I might be getting a white one or blue.. I can't decide
We talked about it a lot when they were revealed a few months ago :) I agree, very nice looking controllers even though they're extremely similar to the current ones, but the blue is a nice new vibe!

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Idon't like things likes this:

Same. I'm one of the first people to say "who gives a shit" about timed exclusive games, but this stuff grinds my gears. I'm glad they're at least announcing it before the consoles launch, but I have to imagine that's just timing, and before pre-orders would have even been preferred. I don't think launch will be the end of these deals for Playstation, it's a strategy that probably works for Sony. Like, people can talk about timed exclusives and studio acquisitions being bad for the industry all they want, but this actively hurts players on other consoles by making them pay the same amount for less game.

At least if the whole game were a timed exclusive you could wait to buy it. With exclusive modes or maps, I got to imagine most players will be done with the game and moved on by the time it comes to their console. Especially for an annualized franchise like COD.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
User banned (1 month): Platform warring and trolling. Numerous infractions for the same behaviour including a recent ban.
Microsoft: we pay publishers to put stuff on Game Pass
Sony: we pay publishers to make Xbox/PC players feel like shit

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is AC Origins getting any improvement on Series X?
I have not played an AC game since Unity and I like Origins setting way more than Odyssey and Valhalla.

Just:

1.) faster Load times

2.) auto HDR if HDR isn't already present

3.) Maybe more stable frame rates if it wasn't a stable/locked 30 before

So no specific upgrades - just the ones that carry over to every game.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
I'll play it (Gears 5 DLC), should be enjoyable and stunning - but man, i cant think of another game universe that has aged so badly (style/design). its literally like a 90's rob liefeld comic alive and kicking in 2020 😆

Never forget this work of art... terri-awful.

liefeld_cap.jpg

I checked every inch of that app for achievement information because I assumed that me missing it was user error over them just leaving out a core feature.

You are not crazy, achievements are not visible within the app.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Anyone ready for the trivia at the digital fanfest? Do we really need a second screen?
4k60 I think they said recently. Not sure about the additional stuff.
I think they talked about improvements to draw distance aswell.
This looks incredible.
Maneater has RT.
Yep, just a shame. On the box there was no mention of playing games either. I am concerned /s
It seems The Coalition is delivering what everyone wanted with Gears 5 on next gen.
You love to see it and it will be interesting to compare the DLC to the original game on Series X.

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
LMAO watching gamesbeat podcast right now... and Jeff got busted with an Xbox Series S sitting behind him lol

* He quickly grabbed it and hid it lol

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Awesome Gears news!
I'm going to guess the story DLC might actually be free on Game Pass this time around, just feeling it.

A way to "soften" the blow on the lack of exclusives. We'll see I Guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.