Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
In case someone doesn't have halo 5 or game pass- here's an extra code. Enjoy!! Best halo multiplayer

H343Q-PDPWC-KD2D4-VJX9Y-26P3(insert last letter of alphabet here)

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
These are just local launch events, this is not about a game showcase or else the main account would share it and also they would advertise it as such.

I'm guessing we're definitely not getting a new showcase. I feel like that ship has sailed.

The next event will then be The Game Awards, so what are we expecting to see from Xbox? Phil has already been clear about the fact that they'll have new game announcements at most big events, and we know we're still supposed to see this year some stuff from the studios that were absent at july's showcase. Plus I Guess Xbox will want to up their presence now that they have a lot more studios/games to show.

Likely announcements (expecting only one):
- The Initiative's project
- MachineGames' new game

New trailers (expecting two out of these four guesses):
- Halo: Infinite (multiplayer trailer, followed by a longer ViDoc after the show and a beta for Christmas/early january)
- Psychonauts 2
- Hellblade 2
- Everwild
- Starfield

My guesses in bold.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Oh God what is it. Forgive me but I wish Xbox wouldn't do this kind of stuff, it feels cheap. Promotion tags on a cup, sure. Marketing fried chicken grease on controllers? Please no.

I know what you mean, but at least it's a good opportunity for someone to get an Xbox Series X. And worst case scenario, the console doesn't have that ugly skin, so you could always buy a new controller.

I wish Microsoft (and Sony) did this kind of promotions in Europe (and more specifically in Spain). 😿

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
The Initiative is showing steady growth, 3 new additions;

- Lauren Manuel Garcia Carrro, Senior Shaders Technology (Previously on The Last of Us II at Naughty Dog)
- Richard Burns, UI/UX lead (Previously on Forza Horizon 4 at Playground Games)
- Jaime Molina, Enviroment Artist (Previously on COD:MW at Infinity Ward)

Impresive hires.

Recent hires and overall volume show that they are probably in playable state, maybe ready to show something.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
The Initiative is showing steady growth, 3 new additions;

- Lauren Manuel Garcia Carrro, Senior Shaders Technology (Previously on The Last of Us II at Naughty Dog)
- Richard Burns, UI/UX lead (Previously on Forza Horizon 4 at Playground Games)
- Jaime Molina, Enviroment Artist (Previously on COD:MW at Infinity Ward)

Impresive hires.

Recent hires and overall volume show that they are probably in playable state, maybe ready to show something.

Playable state is a given since the daughter of one of the producers already played the game. I hope they will at least show a trailer soon so we at least know what it is about.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if we might see a tease for The Initiative at launch with the full reveal for TGAs.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If anyone has a spare halo code from the giveaway I'd love to have it. I don't own and only have it on GP. Thanks!

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
What do yall think MS has in store for us with this event? Seriously I been waiting since 2011 for MS to do something with their first party studios. Better late than never I guess...

Expecting either Initiative or something from Bethesda.

Hopefully something cool for Game Pass too.

Whatever it is, I'm sure it will make a big hype splash like the Bethesda announcement did.

P.S. Did anyone get a mail for the Fanfest, some kind if quiz on Friday?

GraceOfGod

Jan 27, 2020
In case someone doesn't have it already...enjoy:

Thank you for participating in this promotion! Your Halo 5: Guardians Code is below.

Your code is: YTJ3J-HH2PD-R4KYW-F7YGY-WWKYZ

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Playable state is a given since the daughter of one of the producers already played the game. I hope they will at least show a trailer soon so we at least know what it is about.
It was the daughter of the game director who previously worked at insomniac, she had already played months prior and sai it was much better this time, Drew Murray I think is the director, not sure though.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I wonder if they will ease up on trailers at this point, preferring to wait show trailers that have gameplay and are well produced. The Zenimax acquisition has given them a lot of cover in the games department.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I wonder if they will ease up on trailers at this point, preferring to wait show trailers that have gameplay and are well produced. The Zenimax acquisition has given them a lot of cover in the games department.
It is ridiculous how many games they have under their publishing studio that have yet to be shown...

As dusk falls was the only one this year (dont count crossfire or pso2), when they have well north of 10 games being worked on there, they will have to show them at some point...

Sep 7, 2020
These are just local launch events, this is not about a game showcase or else the main account would share it and also they would advertise it as such.

I'm guessing we're definitely not getting a new showcase. I feel like that ship has sailed.

The next event will then be The Game Awards, so what are we expecting to see from Xbox? Phil has already been clear about the fact that they'll have new game announcements at most big events, and we know we're still supposed to see this year some stuff from the studios that were absent at july's showcase. Plus I Guess Xbox will want to up their presence now that they have a lot more studios/games to show.

Likely announcements (expecting only one):
- The Initiative's project
- MachineGames' new game

New trailers (expecting two out of these four guesses):
- Halo: Infinite (multiplayer trailer, followed by a longer ViDoc after the show and a beta for Christmas/early january)
- Psychonauts 2
- Hellblade 2
- Everwild
- Starfield

My guesses in bold.
I think the Initiative's game is awhile away, they still are hiring like crazy. They could give a small teaser but I would think we are more likely to see something from starfield at this point with the "leaks" recently. I think Hellblade 2 footage is a safer bet. I think next year's E3/Microsoft summer event will be a blowout of more first-party stuff.

Here's to hoping to see Elden Ring though. How is this game's Development going?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I personally don't think the game by The Initiative is as far away as some think, primarily because I expect the game to be delivered to players similar to the successful Hitman model. But we'll just see I guess.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I personally don't think the game by The Initiative is as far away as some think, primarily because I expect the game to be delivered to players similar to the successful Hitman model. But we'll just see I guess.
While I liked the Hitman model, I feel like it was pretty divisive. Lots of players refused to give the game a chance because of some stigma with episodic releases.

That said.. is this the first tease we've gotten that this might be in a format conducive to breaking into smaller pieces? Or is Klobrille referencing some innovation in the delivery of Hitman 2 that I just didn't pick up on?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is there something publicly known that makes you think it'll be delivered in this style?
Just giving a guess. It lines up with how they approach some things. But again, not a hard fact or anything. I think they are building something really high-quality, scoped and delivered in a way that does make sense with Game Pass. Just my personal expectation as said above :)

Dec 11, 2017
Just giving a guess. It lines up with how they approach some things. But again, not a hard fact or anything. Just my personal expectation as said above :)

Hey I'd love it! I mean it in the best possible way, but the sooner they can get more first party content into Game Pass the better.

I feel like the model is relatively untapped and lends so well to Game Pass. I'm a father of two little ones and long games can be really daunting. An episode every now and again is much easier to approach.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Could someone help me get a Halo 5 code from the Monster Energy thing? I'm from EU and can't seem to get it to work even with a VPN

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I think the Initiative's game is awhile away, they still are hiring like crazy.
Yeah, I agree. Setting up a new team, new tools, new project, tons of hiring. It will take a couple more years for them, at least. I think (sadly). Unless you are Kojima, it will take some time. Still can't believe Kojima finished Death Stranding so damn fast, that's an anomaly in this day and age.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, I agree. Setting up a new team, new tools, new project, tons of hiring. It will take a couple more years for them, at least. I think (sadly). Unless you are Kojima, it will take some time. Still can't believe Kojima finished Death Stranding so damn fast, that's an anomaly in this day and age.
Say what you will about death stranding but the creation of the studio and fast development is impressive.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Say what you will about death stranding but the creation of the studio and fast development is impressive.
Yup! I actually loved it, haven't finished it yet (45 hours in), but it's fantastic and fresh. The development cycle was something else. It really gets you thinking into what happened inside Konami that really screwed development of MGSV.

irrational

Nov 15, 2019
The more I think about it the more SEGA makes complete sense as a potential acquisition target.

Considering MS has been purchasing studios that they have a long term relationship/history with Sega definitely fits the bill.

The two companies were very tight during the OG Xbox years and they have collaborated alot this gen...PSO, Yakuza, Football Manager & plenty of SEGA tittles hitting Gamepass.

Not to mention that SEGA studios have developed entire games for XGS! Creative Assembly for Halo Wars 2 & Relic is currently deep into development on Age 4. Plus SEGA oddly has a pretty strong PC focus from a dev & IP standpoint, which I'm sure is even more appealing to Xbox.

This upcoming generation is going to be very interesting.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Do we know if The Initiative's is a single player only game?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Personally don't think it should use the Hitman model. Don't get me wrong I love the new Hitman games, I just don't think it lends itself well to deep story telling, which I think The Initiatives game needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.