• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I need a new thread home ... I am welcome here?

HotSingleKingsnake-small.gif

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I did nothing, but the next gen thread is not about next gen anymore but about a lottery when the PS5 event is. As long this is the case it doesn't make much sense to post there because all is buried under those posts especially if you would try to discuss something Xbox related.

If it is allowed I will some of that stuff here instead. Makes more sense anyway as this is the group interested in discussing Xbox.

i think it will make sense. Next-gen potential hardware empowering the next 1p games and how we can theorize the possibilities with said info. :)

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
  • No microtransactions (at least for now)
  • If added later, only cosmetic
  • Game started as an MOBA with minions, towers etc., but didn't play well.
  • Happy with the gameplay they have now
  • In development for 3 1/2 years
  • They just added a "parry" mechanic to the game
but MS force them to make MP games only!!!

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I did nothing, but the next gen thread is not about next gen anymore but about a lottery when the PS5 event is. As long this is the case it doesn't make much sense to post there because all is buried under those posts especially if you would try to discuss something Xbox related.

If it is allowed I will some of that stuff here instead. Makes more sense anyway as this is the group interested in discussing Xbox.
of course you can... welcome back..

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Happy we finally get some news and info about the upcoming games.
With all this next gen talk its refreshing haha.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I can see the Series X and S being well adopted on desks next to PCs if they up the support for mouse and keyboard. I want this feature to be picked up by developers so badly. Games like Divinity or Pillars getting mouse and keyboard UIs for the consoles would be so cool.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I can see the Series X and S being well adopted on desks next to PCs if they up the support for mouse and keyboard. I want this feature to be picked up by developers so badly. Games like Divinity or Pillars getting mouse and keyboard UIs for the consoles would be so cool.
It's why I pray that the productivity wrappers on the surface x aren't limited to arm tablets and can be brought over to Xbox. I could justify a purchase a lot easier if I need it to do light work aswell haha

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany

Tu es!

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Tell us everything you know about NeXtbox Colbert
The Xbox Series X will be a hell of a machine!

I am thrilled what the CPU, the NVMe SSD and some of the new APIs that are supported by hardware can do for games.
Features like VRS and VRR will give us a very smooth gaming experiences at hopefully higher frame rates we saw from this gen. Though it is hard to predict the impact of ray tracing on performance in general.

What I also like is that those pre-production prototypes hints at a port you can extend your storage capacity. I was slightly concerned that a soldered-only-storage solution could be in play.

However I also will still use an external USB 3.0 drive for long-term storage (because it is faster than downloading a game again).

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure how successful bleeding edge will be. Maybe if it gets good reviews but not seeing any excitement for it outside of the Xbox fans.

honestly, there doesnt even seem to be much interest in the xbox community either. i really wanted to like the game but within minutes of my first play through i knew it wasn't for me. gorgeous though

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
The Xbox Series X will be a hell of a machine!

I am thrilled what the CPU, the NVMe SSD and some of the new APIs that are supported by hardware can do for games.
Features like VRS and VRR will give us a very smooth gaming experiences at hopefully higher frame rates we saw from this gen. Thought it is hard to predict the impact of ray tracing on performance in general.

What I also like is that those pre-production prototypes hints at a port you can extend your storage capacity. I was slightly concerned that a soldered-only-storage solution could be in play.

However I also will still use an external USB 3.0 drive for long-term storage (because it is faster than downloading a game again).
Colbert do you think a tech like this could be seen by the end of next gen? A way for games to maybe reduce in size or not cause so much bloat on hard drive space?

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think with Bleeding Edge they need to speed up the gameplay a little bit more. It looks like it takes too long to get back into the action in some gameplay videos. Admittedly I haven't played it myself though. I really think this game is going to live on Gamepass as well. I don't see it doing well from a retail or standalone purchase point of view. I wish them the best of luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.