• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Outside of the studio announcements at the end, what were you all's favorite parts of X018?
A spotlight on some of the Game Pass games like Mutant Year Zero, The Good Life (previously not announced for Xbox), and a few others.

Some of the developer interviews were cool, it was just too bad I expected more Fromm Square when they were asked about the old KH games....

The format can definitely be improved, but I don't get why so many people acted like it sucked.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Outside of the studio announcements at the end, what were you all's favorite parts of X018?

For me I was all hyped for the Gamepass announcements as this is what matters to me, which games am I able to play very soon. I hope they will have at least the amount as last year. I also expect them to have more bigger 3rd party titels in it since gamepass is more popular than ever before.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Wow, I found this on twitter and it might be legit.😱

EJDg6BlWoAEqviN

lol no

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
X019 week!

Looking forward to some deepdives on already announced games, a slew of Game Pass titles to be revealed and who knows maybe an acquisition or two along with a game reveal or three.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I saw someone ask but didn't see an answer. Is there a specific time for like a keynote? I feel like I'm blind here. Just kind of curious.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Sony and Microsoft have both already lifted the lid on their AMD-based next-generation consoles, but it seems that they may not be created equal. The extent of their partnerships with AMD seems to have been hidden in plain sight. Sony has been collaborating with AMD, whereas Microsoft has co-engineered a custom graphics chip.

The result is that the next PlayStation will feature custom 7 nm AMD Ryzen Zen 2 and Radeon Navi architectures, while the Xbox Scarlett will include "next generation Radeon RDNA gaming graphics architecture" as announced by Lisa Su, CEO and President of AMD. AMD has confirmed that next-generation RDNA will be based on a 7 nm+ FinFET process, which will support hardware-based real-time ray-tracing and next-gen RDNA. By contrast, the 7 nm Navi architecture will only be capable of shader-based ray tracing and current gen RDNA.

🤷‍♂️🤔😎🎉🙅‍♂️

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony and Microsoft have both already lifted the lid on their AMD-based next-generation consoles, but it seems that they may not be created equal. The extent of their partnerships with AMD seems to have been hidden in plain sight. Sony has been collaborating with AMD, whereas Microsoft has co-engineered a custom graphics chip.

The result is that the next PlayStation will feature custom 7 nm AMD Ryzen Zen 2 and Radeon Navi architectures, while the Xbox Scarlett will include "next generation Radeon RDNA gaming graphics architecture" as announced by Lisa Su, CEO and President of AMD. AMD has confirmed that next-generation RDNA will be based on a 7 nm+ FinFET process, which will support hardware-based real-time ray-tracing and next-gen RDNA. By contrast, the 7 nm Navi architecture will only be capable of shader-based ray tracing and current gen RDNA.

🤷‍♂️🤔😎🎉🙅‍♂️

No. AMD will be providing the same CPU and GPU to MS and Sony with each having their own customizations.

Both consoles shouldn't be that far apart power wise which will then make it come down to games and services.

Last edited:

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018

🤷‍♂️🤔😎🎉🙅‍♂️
The wait for next gen causes people to dissect every single word and come to conclusions they want to see. The language Lisa used regarding Sony and MS were very similar honestly. I want both these systems to be the very best they can be so I would be glad for one or both to use future proof tech but I suspect they will be similar.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While there have been long spells without playing one, the Age Of Empires franchise accompanied my gaming history for over two decades now. There's something incredibly fascinating about the prospect of a proper AOE4 reveal right on the year I decide to check out the X0. This will be good.

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
While I getting annoyed over studio acquisitions only being announced at events, I think it's meant to be more of a service to both MS and the teams. This way, the team gets a huge spotlight on them in front of a huge audience, also allowing the audience to get to know the team a bit better.

Just imagine how many people didn't know about inXile before X018, but at least got a better understanding of who they are after that. I doubt as many people would pay attention to a blog/article announcement.

Honestly, I prefer it this way. MS treating each dev like an event in themselves. It's just consistent with how the teams have been treated lately.
Yeah agree about giving a little bit of spotlight time to a new studio acquisition at these events should continue. Sony only announced Insomniac Games via Twitter because they weren't at any events this year and they timed it so Geoff Keighley could announce it on stage at Gamescom. The most recent studio acquisition by Microsoft at E3 was did right by giving Double Fine the spotlight to talk about Psychonauts and then mentioning quickly that they are the newest member of Xbox Game Studios. There was no big celebration or parade put on like some people like to exaggerate!

As well as giving a little bit of the spotlight to these studios it is also a signal of intent by Microsoft to the media, fans and the haters that Xbox is here to stay, and we are only going to get bigger and better! Can anyone off the top of their heads list the order, name, number and date of THQ Nordic acquisitions? These went under the radar unless you were really paying attention and this would not be good if Microsoft was to do it like this!

~Millet~

Jan 21, 2019

🤷‍♂️🤔😎🎉🙅‍♂️

Not this again. It was explained several times: it will be the same technology with customizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.