Status
Not open for further replies.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disagree. BE is getting undeserved backlash for what it's not. There's a lot of gamers who play both single and multiplayer who had a bad taste in their mouth due to expectations. Not speaking for myself but it was apparent around E3 when it leaked. Seeing that single player game from NT will change the psychology of the situation.
Agree to disagree. Regardless they shouldn't show their new game off in order to "change the psychology of the situation".

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Disagree. BE is getting undeserved backlash for what it's not. There's a lot of gamers who play both single and multiplayer who had a bad taste in their mouth due to expectations. Not speaking for myself but it was apparent around E3 when it leaked. Seeing that single player game from NT will change the psychology of the situation.
Indeed.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No it won't. Why is NT currently getting this grief? Because they are making a multiplayer game or for some other reason.....

Wanting to see a small studio reveal and promote two titles at the same time is bonkers and what do you think would happen to Bleeding Edge anyway if they reveal a Hellblade sequel or something similar, will the BE grief stop? Of course it wont, folk will just have two games to moan about instead of one.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
People think BE is holding back a new SP experience. We know it isnt and they said at E3 that they have more projects. But that doesnt matter to the typical internet hate base. They will hate until something is shown and they cant deny it.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People think BE is holding back a new SP experience. We know it isnt and they said at E3 that they have more projects. But that doesnt matter to the typical internet hate base. They will hate until something is shown and they cant deny it.

Why pander to crazies? Let Bleeding Edge shine on it's own and if folk dont like it - fuck em.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because those crazies have alot of influence these days. Wich is terrible but is what it is.

Honestly mate, this just sounds terrible. Informing your business plans on what fanboys and crazies are saying on the internet? Give me strength.

Xbox should show off whatever The Initiative are working on, give us that Fable reveal trailer, 343i better blow our minds and Compulsion, inXile and Double Fine should just show anything as well even if it's just a wip at X019. We cant have crazy fanboys talking down all things Xbox on the internet and that will surely all stop once Ninja Theory show something other than Bleeding Edge. Right? lol

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly mate, this just sounds terrible. Informing your business plans on what fanboys and crazies are saying on the internet? Give me strength.

Xbox should show off whatever The Initiative are working on, give us that Fable reveal trailer, 343i better blow our minds and Compulsion, inXile and Double Fine should just show anything as well even if it's just a wip at X019. We cant have crazy fanboys talking down all things Xbox on the internet and that will surely all stop once Ninja Theory show something other than Bleeding Edge. Right? lol

I never said that. And i explained it yesterday also already. Not really feeling doing it again if i am honest.
And you guys react way to aggressive all the time with the "lol" "give me strength" comments. Not really interested in that.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I haven't seen much hate for Bleeding Edge online lately.
In fact, I haven't seen much discussion about Bleeding Edge at all online, not even in this thread.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never said that. And i explained it yesterday also already. Not really feeling doing it again if i am honest.
And you guys react way to aggressive all the time with the "lol" "give me strength" comments. Not really interested in that.

I'm just giving my opinion, is all. I think it would be a mistake for Ninja Theory to push another game other than BE as it would effectively be like an apology on that games behalf and give those crazies confirmation that there opinions actually mean something. Every game doesn't need to appeal to everyone.

Don't pander to the lowest common denominator basically.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I completely get where Theorry is coming from - there's the narrative of "LOL MS BOUGHT NT NOW THEY MAKE MT-RIDDLED MP GAMES LOLOLOL" and showing off an SP game could potentially defuse some of that sentiment.

I say potentially, because in practise I don't think it'll happen. I've already noticed attitudes beginning to shift on Hellblade; what was once a masterpiece is now starting to become a piece of crap.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I love seeing people complain about the bonus Xbox Live Gold games on Twitter. Are there people subbed to gold just for those games or something? Their money would surely be better spent on Game Pass.

Jan 4, 2018
Why pander to crazies? Let Bleeding Edge shine on it's own and if folk dont like it - fuck em.
This.
Also, those complaining about BE for the most part is the same people pushing the "MS making a former SP dev create MP games" narrative.
Wich is to say, is not about BE, and even with a SP game announced they'll just latch onto something else.
Just let the game have its time in the spotlight, we've only had a teaser and some tests.
Showing a teaser for the following game, it will make it harder for BE to receive attention and thus is pretty disrespectful for the BE team

Deleted member 51306

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
This.
Also, those complaining about BE for the most part is the same people pushing the "MS making a former SP dev create MP games" narrative.
Wich is to say, is not about BE, and even with a SP game announced they'll just latch onto something else.
Just let the game have its time in the spotlight, we've only had a teaser and some tests.
Showing a teaser for the following game, it will make it harder for BE to receive attention and thus is pretty disrespectful for the BE team
The MS forcing them to do it thing is crazy lol. This game was in development before they were acquired.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I love seeing people complain about the bonus Xbox Live Gold games on Twitter. Are their people subbed to gold just for those games or something? Their money would surely be better spent on Game Pass.
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
The Final Station
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Joy Ride Turbo

Note to any developers out there: these are the types of games the Xbox Audience HATES. Even if you give them out for "free."

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Definitely interested to see what the UK studios have to show at X019.
I think it has a 50:50 chance. Microsoft is kinda moving away from having exclusives to sell a box.
They released their games on Steam and Switch in this generation.

Why wouldn't they release the sequel of a multiplatform game on other platforms? Didn't Booty or Phil also say, it's up to the devs where they want to release their games? Don't know why Obsidian wouldn't want to release the game on a playstation system when they obviously have a lot of fans there who are buying TOW right now.

Though, all other Obsidian games will probably remain exclusive.
Matt Booty has already said (in that same interview iirc) that The Outer Worlds is a series that would be Xbox (and PC) exclusive.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I love seeing people complain about the bonus Xbox Live Gold games on Twitter. Are there people subbed to gold just for those games or something? Their money would surely be better spent on Game Pass.
Ever since becoming a Gamepass Ultimate subscriber (and GP sub in general) I've lost a lot of interest in the monthly games with gold. I still try to grab them all, but I'm not as diligent about it as I used to be, and I've missed a few recently. It makes me wonder if there will be any changes with Gold leading into the new generation.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
" Booty hopes that Obsidian can turn The Outer Worlds into a massive franchise in the future. While he is open to studios working on multiplatform games like Minecraft, The Outer Worlds' sequels will probably be Xbox-exclusive because it has the chance to grow into a bigger brand. Booty compared such titles to Halo which have spawned shows, novels, comics, and much more. "

m23

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I think you'd have to be a bit mad to expect a potential Outer Worlds 2 to be on PS4. I'd say Switch (or its eventual successor) would also be the longest of longshots. MS didn't buy these studios to help out their competitors.

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I completely get where Theorry is coming from - there's the narrative of "LOL MS BOUGHT NT NOW THEY MAKE MT-RIDDLED MP GAMES LOLOLOL" and showing off an SP game could potentially defuse some of that sentiment.

I say potentially, because in practise I don't think it'll happen. I've already noticed attitudes beginning to shift on Hellblade; what was once a masterpiece is now starting to become a piece of crap.

And I also understand where Theory is coming from as there was a certain group that was happy thinking Xbox games wouldn't be exclusive to Xbox. However within that certain group there were some that had a sliver of hope that certain specific platforms would get all Xbox games. These hopes and dreams are quickly fading away see some of the reactions to the Outer Worlds.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
And I also understand where Theory is coming from as there was a certain group that was happy thinking Xbox games wouldn't be exclusive to Xbox. However within that certain group there were some that had a sliver of hope that certain specific platforms would get all Xbox games. These hopes and dreams are quickly fading away see some of the reactions to the Outer Worlds.

Yeah, as I said above, MS didn't buy all these studios to help out Sony and Nintendo. XGS games are going to be available on Xbox and PC - as they are now - so people will have options if they don't want/can't afford/can't justify a second console.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you'd have to be a bit mad to expect a potential Outer Worlds 2 to be on PS4. I'd say Switch (or its eventual successor) would also be the longest of longshots. MS didn't buy these studios to help out their competitors.

With that, it's definitely reasonable to expect Outer Worlds 2 on XCloud. Which would mean you have three potential avenues to play that game and other exclusives.

Microsoft is making their games as available as humanly possible without putting them directly on competing hardware. That's nuts!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
With that, it's definitely reasonable to expect Outer Worlds 2 on XCloud. Which would mean you have three potential avenues to play that game and other exclusives.

Microsoft is making their games as available as humanly possible without putting them directly on competing hardware. That's nuts!
XCloud also means a game can be played on multiple platforms with the developers only having to focus on Xbox/PC versions.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope Halo comes like on the same date on Scarlett. Would suck if Halo releases end of october and Scarlett in beginning of november for example.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará

Persecution complex something something.

Really hope Halo comes like on the same date on Scarlett. Would suck if Halo releases end of october and Scarlett in beginning of november for example.
That would be very dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.