Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
They just hired two freshmen .
Simply the core staff needs experience, because newcomers need to learn from veterans, like in any job there are skill you can learn only working with someone with more experience.

Yuhp, Im not disagreeing with you. Veterans are good, they have experience and skills and connections and they know how to work in big teams, all useful things.

New and different perspectives are important too, that's all I'm saying.

Apr 6, 2018
Playing Bleeding Edge in the Dojo and Tutorial atm. And what the fuck. The game is so polished already. The animations the sounds, the look of the game. Hell even the Dojo has like crazy settings where you can alter all things like infinite supers, cooldowns etc. The voice overs are great also and also make sense gameplay wise with whay they say. MS got a great dev with NT if they even made this with a small team. Just shows Hellblade wasnt a fluke in terms of polish and what they can do with a small team.

edit: I love attention to detail. Zero Cool has like a hover car and a gun attached to it. And he controls it with a hovering panel. And when you shoot the gun. The panel becomes a mouse from like a keyboard and you see him also left click.
So far I've only red awesome things both from alpha and e3.
I hope they add a pve mode
Yuhp, Im not disagreeing with you. Veterans are good, they have experience and skills and connections and they know how to work in big teams, all useful things.

New and different perspectives are important too, that's all I'm saying.
Yes but the core team needs experience. The freshmen go in horizon's team which now has a solid structure and know how so they could learn from them, while the new team hires veterans with experience because they had to fill the high level roles

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
Didn't Booty low-key tell some interviewer to wait next year for a Fable announcement after he kept asking about where it was? I don't expect that to be at X019.

Deleted member 38088

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Yes but the core team needs experience. The freshmen go in horizon's team which now has a solid structure and know how so they could learn from them, while the new team hires veterans with experience because they had to fill the high level roles
I get why this is important, but also a lot of AAA titles are so samey that hiring more young devs that aren't from the usual places can just be more exciting, since they can try more experimental stuff. It's also more risky which is why it won't be done on projects that have millions of dollars invested in them, but still.
Correct. This looks like everybody from Nina Kristensen to the administrator.
Ninja Theory and Playground seem to have such a healthy internal culture.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
NT second game is very possible yeah. Next to Halo Infinite imo. Halo is going to have flights pretty early. So they have to show it before that happens is my guess.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
WelldocumentedCluelessCassowary-size_restricted.gif

VeneratedNervousKouprey.gif

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lol Ninja is playing Minecraft

www.twitch.tv

Ninja - Twitch

Ninja streams EVERYWHERE. Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok. CIO @GameSquare $GAMEJust launched a BRAND NEW PODCAST AFK W/ NINJA

Minecraft is also top streamed game now.
www.twitch.tv

All Categories - Twitch

Watch live streams and the best highlights across Twitch categories like Just Chatting, Fortnite, Counter-Strike, League of Legends, and more.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Lol Ninja is playing Minecraft

www.twitch.tv

Ninja - Twitch

Ninja streams EVERYWHERE. Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & TikTok. CIO @GameSquare $GAMEJust launched a BRAND NEW PODCAST AFK W/ NINJA

Minecraft is also top streamed game now.
www.twitch.tv

All Categories - Twitch

Watch live streams and the best highlights across Twitch categories like Just Chatting, Fortnite, Counter-Strike, League of Legends, and more.
Pewdiepie also recently got back to playing Minecraft
I'm not sure why there is a huge surge, but there is one
qNnexC5.png

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

You are correct, we are on the same page. Which is why I was careful to say I'm not calling out Playground specifically here. I just hate when people try to write it off diversity like that. It's a perfectly valid concern.

isaaccs

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
I'm loving the LEGO Speed Champions expansion so far! Everything about Forza Horizon 4 is awesome!
I've probably been playing it for 7 hours just today.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
So, does Gears 5 run 4K/60fps on Xbox One X across all modes (campaign, versus, escape etc?).

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Wow, that's really impressive considering the level of graphics we've seen on gameplay snippets and those lovely gifs.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am digging abit more into Playfab. Saw Ninja Theory use it for BE. Is it really this easy for them to start up servers?

thunderhead_edit_built.PNG

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Unless Microsoft is fibbing about RT, I think it goes without saying that their launch title and showcase of the Anaconda will take full advantage of that hardware.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Unless Microsoft is fibbing about RT, I think it goes without saying that their launch title and showcase of the Anaconda will take full advantage of that hardware.
Flight Simulator seemed to have RT but I'm hoping there will be a couple of inbuilt demos to show off the consoles features. 4k, VRR, HDR, RT..etc

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't see them backing out of RT once it was part of their hype train. It's not like the Xbox one always online days where they had to back down, RT needs to be a feature going forward. Ultimately it depends on how much a developer has to sacrifice to use RT over more traditional methods.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
It almost seems that Xbox has been setting up their marketing pitch for next gen over the last several years. It would be crazy if they didn't use something similar to these ideas which is very powerful and easy to understand I think: "A new generation of Xbox where boundaries no longer define us. People just want to play games, and Xbox wants to empower you to Discover Amazing New Game Experiences (Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Studios on Xbox/PC), Play Wherever You Want (Xbox Scarlett, Xbox Game Pass PC, xCloud) and Play With Whoever You Want (Xbox Live, Crossplay, Accessibility/Adaptive Controller)."

Even with great Sony exclusives I just think that this is a compelling message across the board that nobody else is in a position to match if they can craft the right words and push them 100% out of the gate in the right way.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see that Ninja Theory used alot of focus testers from Cambridge University for Bleeding Edge. I like they have a close relationship with Cambridge. Is smart also.

Status
Not open for further replies.