• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
so do we know when anaconda is supposed to come out? soon after Scarlett or day and date?
Scarlett the code name for the family of devices. Lockhard and Anaconda are the code names for the two Scarlett devices. Assuming plans haven't changed from what's been floating around, we'd expect both to launch Holiday 2020.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
It shows that it supports Arabic on the store page. Can you change it to any other language just for testing or is it only Arabic that isn't working right now?
you can't change any language from the game itsleve

and you can through steam or the game files....but i can't do the same with windows version

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Scarlett the code name for the family of devices. Lockhard and Anaconda are the code names for the two Scarlett devices. Assuming plans haven't changed from what's been floating around, we'd expect both to launch Holiday 2020.
oh shoot, i assumed scarlett was the middle console. guess they're not going that granular with it, which makes sense. after getting XB1 at launch id been planning to wait this one out a bit, but since i was already kind of wanting to get a One X I think I can justify getting Anaconda since there's no point in an X with the next gen so soon.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Given how much the Spiderman films reap directly from ticket sales, and indirectly via merchandising, I'm sure Sony owning the film rights enables them huge sway with what can be done with the character.

I imagine, at least for this game, it was mostly that Sony was financing a lot of it and offering a lot of the support and developer liaison between Marvel and Insomniac. From what I understand, this game would have been a Playstation exclusive even if it were an Ironman or a Captain America game, but Insomniac chose Spiderman.

Plus Activision published all the other Spiderman games as multi-platform games, even ones based directly on one of Sonys films.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I imagine, at least for this game, it was mostly that Sony was financing a lot of it and offering a lot of the support and developer liaison between Marvel and Insomniac. From what I understand, this game would have been a Playstation exclusive even if it were an Ironman or a Captain America game, but Insomniac chose Spiderman.

Plus Activision published all the other Spiderman games as multi-platform games, even ones based directly on one of Sonys films.
Oh absolutely. I'm not suggesting that Sony had to throw their weight around and strongarm Marvel to get a Spiderman game. Rather that Sony was/is in a position where they can simply ask Marvel for the rights to make a Spiderman game. They almost certainly didnt have to pony up anything other than dev and marketimg costs for exclusivity. And the ability to do that is probably the function of a few things: a larger install base, a great critical and commercial track record with AAA game development, and also having the film rights.

Conversely I dont think MS for example could easily go - 'Hey, we have an amazing Western development studio in The Coalition who is chomping at the bit to do an Iron Man or Captain America game. Would you mind?'.

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Oh absolutely. I'm not suggesting that Sony had to throw their weight around and strongarm Marvel to get a Spiderman game. Rather that Sony was/is in a position where they can simply ask Marvel for the rights to make a Spiderman game, as opppsed to buying.

Oh yeah, that's probably true, thats an excellent point. Whatever, as long as I get Sunset Overdrive 2 eventually PS4 can have all the Spiderman games they want.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
People are really grasping at Fable for whatever reason. Is it just people who believed a bunch of fake insiders and don't want to admit they were wrong? I've seen several articles saying Microsoft must have delayed Fable or talking about how Fable was "conspicuously absent".

I have heard from some people from Lionhead that Playground hasn't reached out to any of the people they know who were originally involved in the franchise, which I guess isn't that crazy, but I would have liked to see a couple of the creative on as consultants.

Like I don't expect them to put the band back together and say "Playground 2 is Lionhead 2.0" but it would have been nice to at least get some spiritual sign off. I know it's not typical, but this is a new era after all.
The second presumably Fable team at Playground is only 60 people out of an intended team of 200. So it makes sense they didn't have anything to show, at most I expected to see a logo. The insiders weren't even outright saying it would be there. Brad Sams said they might mention Fable.

Since we announced Playground's second studio, the developer has hired roughly 60 people, with plans to reach 200. Two years to hire less than half your intended headcount might seem slow, but Raeburn said this has been both unavoidable and somewhat deliberate.

"When you're hiring at the highest level -- we're hiring top positions and some of the best people around the world -- they don't land at exactly the point you expect them to," he explained. "You have to pull some people in early, some people take a little bit longer. There are a couple of outstanding areas we need to build up, but I'm just astonished at how great and how far along that team is. The key is getting the right people for the job, and we'll take as long as we need... Now that the senior hires are in place, the rest are coming on board at the pace we expected them to."

Source

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
The app is pretty barebones right now, so here's hoping it gets fixed in time. Though considering how spotty the localization effort and general support of MS for the MENA region, I'm doubtful.
well the store support my language but only if i change the whole windows languge which i don't prefer it.....

well i think i will just play it with English

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Yeah, I like the new app quite a bit but it needs work. I'm not a fan of the Discord style of arranging Game Pass titles on the side bar and having a separate library you can only access through clicking on your profile instead of a tab which simply gives you purchased titles isn't intuitive.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
The second presumably Fable team at Playground is only 60 people out of an intended team of 200. So it makes sense they didn't have anything to show, at most I expected to see a logo. The insiders weren't even outright saying it would be there. Brad Sams said they might mention Fable.

Source

Yeah, I know that, I wasn't expecting anything. I just mean several outlets were expecting it, because of all the fake insiders that were reporting that it would be there and the fake leaks. I'm not expecting anything realistically until next year at the earliest, but more realistically 2021. I mentioned this several pages back, a lot of modern AAA Open World RPGs are in development for at least 3 years before they get announced, more often 4. Anyone that was expecting a full reveal this year was just being silly.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Pretty crazy that Microsoft is building three studios from scratch simultaneously. It puts their growth into perspective if going from 5 to 15 studios in a year's time didn't already.

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Has there been any word on Gears Tactics since last year? If not, is there any venue where it might still show up this week?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Hope this isnt just concept art and its present in the actual game
ss_8395d5a9820121abe951dd81906b03302ffb130d.jpg

This game has me so worried that i can't even explain it, confirmed 60 fps for campaign just worried me even MORE, also, Gears 5 has had the worst Marketing campaign for AAA flagship exclusive in recent years.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I've always said that I'd rather see Xbox open new studios than acquire them, but wow if Double Fine wasn't a great get.

The way they've run themselves after Brutal Legend is reminiscent of old school Rare. Sure, not every DF game is a home run... but it's a highy creative studio with a relatively fast output of games. Can't wait to see what they're capable of with financial backing from XGS/MS.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Hope this isnt just concept art and its present in the actual game
ss_8395d5a9820121abe951dd81906b03302ffb130d.jpg

This game has me so worried that i can't even explain it, confirmed 60 fps for campaign just worried me even MORE, also, Gears 5 has had the worst Marketing campaign for AAA flagship exclusive in recent years.

Yeah, I hope they get it together closer to launch. No gameplay at the pressed was frustrating.

Beyond that, the stuff with Kait is pretty compelling in my opinion, though. Really, really, really interested to see where the story and her story goes.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I posted it in another thread, but I think this years trailer would've worked better as a teaser last year. Then show gameplay this year.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a Banjo game made by Double Fine, with full backing of MS.. or any platformer for that matter.
Double Fine were exactly what XGS needed for diversity.

Deleted member 38088

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I posted it in another thread, but I think this years trailer would've worked better as a teaser last year. Then show gameplay this year.
I thought they would transition into a single player gameplay trailer after the cinematic trailer (which I personally enjoyed). Kinda set the tone first with the cinematic trailer then show how that translates in game and in story. Focusing on multiplayer after the trailer felt like a tonal whiplash.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California

Maybe, but they haven't worked on one for Microsoft in a long while. Bruce Artwick founded Sublogic and Got bought out by Microsoft. Pretty sure he still works for them. If it's an external studio I think it's gotta be dovetail games. They signed a licensing agreement to sell flight simulator X: Steam Edition and also develop new products using Microsoft's tech in 2014.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Maybe, but they haven't worked on one for Microsoft in a long while. Bruce Artwick founded Sublogic and Got bought out by Microsoft. Pretty sure he still works for them. If it's an external studio I think it's gotta be dovetail games. They signed a licensing agreement to sell flight simulator X: Steam Edition and also develop new products using Microsoft's tech in 2014.
Well you did it! You found the secret team! Either a secret Bruce Artwick team or DOVETAIL.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

Really though Bruce is 66. I have doubts about him working on this new one. Could just be some internal team or dove.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Talked to a couple of the Bleeding Edge devs at Fanfest and got some details you guys might like.

-They only had 10-20 people on the project for most of development. That number jumped to 30 as they got closer to launching the Alpha. He said they have a ton of other projects in the works.

-Launching with ten characters across three classes. He was pretty cagey on support, but said they were open to adding characters and maps after launch, but for now they're focused on balancing and getting the ten characters perfect.

-No word on release date other than they're going to focus on the alpha and how feedback goes will dictate full release. I compared it to the early alpha stuff with Sea of Thieves and he said exactly.

-They wouldn't comment on cosmetics, but they gave us a "fast pass" alpha access and the card mentions the code includes an exclusive hoverboard. Every character has a hoverboard, but they vary a bit from character to character based on design. I'm not sure how the board cosmetics will work, but I think it's safe to assume there'll be cosmetics.

-The game is not based on Project Razer, but is instead based on prototyping they did after doing DmC, imaging what a multiplayer version of that game might be.

-Like DMC, you can knock enemies into the air and attack them in air as part of combos, but they toned it down a ton, because during development, it was really frustrating when you were getting battered in the air for thirty seconds.

-There's a ton of combos in the game and each character has two choices of ultimates, committing to one at the beginning of the match.

- I asked what games on the market they thought would be competitors. They said Overwatch, obviously. They also said they weirdly thought it might attract MOBA fans. It's got a ton more action, obviously, but the way the abilities regenerate and the emphasis on tactics (I'll touch more on this later.) might sway people who are getting a bit tired with traditional MOBAs.

I got to play a tutorial of the game and extended demo and it greatly exceeded my expectations. I thought it was a really nice mix of precision and arcade while looking really nice and committing to the style.

It is very heavy on strategy. The maps are designed with lanes like a MOBA and the abilities regenerate on a timer. The characters are pretty different. I played the same character the whole time to really do a bit of a deep dive. For example, most characters dodge with RT, but my character changed stances with RT. He had two stances, one focused on speed that made him faster and one focused on healing that regenerated health faster. One of my abilities was also dependent on which stance I was in. We got wiped at one point and the developer on our team basically told us to wait for everyone to respawn, because it would be impossible to go 1 vs. 4. It's absolutely a team game.

Last edited:

isaaccs

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
Talked to a couple of the Bleeding Edge devs at Fanfest and got some details you guys might like.

-They only had 10-20 people on the project for most of development. That number jumped to 30 as they got closer to launching the Alpha. He said they have a ton of other projects in the works.

-Launching with ten characters across three classes. He was pretty cagey on support, but said they were open to adding characters and maps after launch, but for now they're focused on balancing and getting the ten characters perfect.

-No word on release date other than they're going to focus on the alpha and how feedback goes will dictate full release. I compared it to the early alpha stuff with Sea of Thieves and he said exactly.

-They wouldn't comment on cosmetics, but they gave us a "fast pass" alpha access and the card mentions the code includes an exclusive hoverboard. Every character has a hoverboard, but they vary a bit from character to character based on design. I'm not sure how the board cosmetics will work, but I think it's safe to assume there'll be cosmetics.

-The game is not based on Project Razer, but is instead based on prototyping they did after doing DmC, imaging what a multiplayer version of that game might be.

-Like DMC, you can knock enemies into the air and attack them in air as part of combos, but they toned it down a ton, because during development, it was really frustrating when you were getting battered in the air for thirty seconds.

-There's a ton of combos in the game and each character has two choices of ultimates, committing to one at the beginning of the match.

- I asked what games on the market they thought would be competitors. They said Overwatch, obviously. They also said they weirdly thought it might attract MOBA fans. It's got a ton more action, obviously, but the way the abilities regenerate and the emphasis on tactics (I'll touch more on this later.) might sway people who are getting a bit tired with traditional MOBAs.

I got to play a tutorial of the game and extended demo and it greatly exceeded my expectations. I thought it was a really nice mix of precision and arcade while looking really nice and committing to the style.

It is very heavy on strategy. The maps are designed with lanes like a MOBA and the abilities regenerate on a timer. The characters are pretty different. I played the same character the whole time to really do a bit of a deep dive. For example, most characters dodge with RT, but my character changed stances with RT. He had two stances, one focused on speed that made him faster and one focused on healing that regenerated health faster. One of my abilities was also dependent on which stance I was in.
Damn, very interesting information. Thanks for sharing!

So far, hands-on first impressions have been very positive. It's looking good for Ninja Theory.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

It is very heavy on strategy. The maps are designed with lanes like a MOBA and the abilities regenerate on a timer. The characters are pretty different. I played the same character the whole time to really do a bit of a deep dive. For example, most characters dodge with RT, but my character changed stances with RT. He had two stances, one focused on speed that made him faster and one focused on healing that regenerated health faster. One of my abilities was also dependent on which stance I was in. We got wiped at one point and the developer on our team basically told us to wait for everyone to respawn, because it would be impossible to go 1 vs. 4. It's absolutely a team game.
Thanks for the info.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018

Makes you wonder what all the other developers they have are working on. And they have expanded like crazy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.